Tomorrow night at 6pm PST for our SIGLERinPLACE livestream, I'll be making a couple of Ginger Rogers when our show starts. Feel free to join us, make a Shirley Temple version, or just pour your own beverage of any kind and relax
! Also, we're celebrating National Junk Food Day, so get your favorites ready! OUR RECIPE FOR A "GINGER ROGERS"
The Ginger Rogers has a cousin that's a bit simpler, without the ginger simple syrup, so don't fret if you don't have (and don't want to make) the syrup. That's called a Gin Gin Mule, and it's also yummy. Ingredients
Mad Scientist Process of Assemblyâ„¢
- 2 oz. gin (I'll use St. George's Terroir)
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. ginger syrup (omit this ingredient for the Gin Gin Mule)
- 2 oz. ginger ale I used Fever Tree
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 mint sprig
- 1 slice fresh lemon
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at
- Combine the mint leaves and ginger syrup in the bottom of a glass. (Just muddle the mint leaves if you don't make/have the syrup!)
- Using a muddler or a spoon, lightly crush the mint leaves to release their oils.
- Add the gin and lemon juice and stir.
- Add the ice.
- Add the ginger ale and stir.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a mint sprig if desired.