Y'all, this might be my favorite rum drink yet! Well balanced, so tasty, and with a GREAT story! This week's Siglocktail is the El Floridita daiquiri! Made with just a few very precisely measured ingredients. Plus, there's a literary variation on this yummy drink: Ernest Hemingway enjoyed this drink many-a-time at the El Floridita in Havana, Cuba. But, being Hemingway, he made a few modifications, including adding a couple glugs more rum to the glass. Recipe below for both versions of this lovely cocktail! If you have a bit more time, watch the video to see how to make this delish drink and it's Hemingway glow up! As ever, livestream is tomorrow night and Thursday night at 6pm PST and we'll be toasting with these yummy cocktails. Feel free to make this one (send us pics here
if you do!) but as ever, you drink whatever you like best, or nothing at all, no worries! EL FLORIDITA RECIPE: Ingredients:
To make the Hemingway version, add these ingredients:
- 2 ounces white rum
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or simple syrup (or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon maraschino liqueur
Mad Scientist Process of Assemblyâ„¢:
- 1 additional ounce of white rum
- 1/4 additional ounce of lime juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at
If you want to watch the Hemingway Variation tutorial, please click here for more video!
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- If using granulated sugar, stir to dissolve it in the lime juice before adding the other ingredients.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Shake well, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lime.