It's a new month, so it's a new base liquor! August Siglocktails will be vodka based! We'll start this month on SIGLERinPLACE with a classic: a vodka gimlet. It's a classic, simple drink, so I'll also add a few variations at the end of this post in case you want to jazz things up! Livestream is tomorrow night at 6pm PST and I'll make this drink just as our show starts. Feel free to make this one (send us pics here
if you do!) but as ever, you drink whatever you like best, no worries! OUR RECIPE FOR A CLASSIC "VODKA GIMLET"
This cocktail can also be made with gin, but I think vodka gives the fresh lime juice a fresh, crisp bite without changing the subtle flavor! Ingredients
Mad Scientist Process of Assemblyâ„¢
- 2 ounces vodka (I used Blue Ice after a recommendation from Junkie Jared Miller!)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (more or less as desired for sweetness)
- Lime wedge for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the vodka, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice until cooled, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a glass over ice (I am using this mega-cool tentacled cocktail glass, a gorgeous gift from my friend Shelia Dee).
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at
- If you have fresh basil leaves, roughly tear 3 or 4 and add to your shaker for a basil gimlet!
- Same with mint! Add 1/4 cup of mint leaves to the shaker, and swap out the simple syrup for Roses Lime Juice for a summery mint gimlet!
- I'm pretty sure you can add a bit of sliced jalapeÃ±o (no seeds tho!) and tajin on the rim, but I haven't tried that. It sounds delish tho!