Yes, 2016 generated an all-time high in box office revenue, but when you adjust for inflation how successful was it, really? Is Hollywood heading for major crash, a-la the music business of the 90s and the publishing biz of the oughts?
We cover that in this episode, as well as:
- What were the Top-10 highest-grossing films of 2016?
- The influence of Chinese investors and the Chinese government on Hollywood.
- What year set the record for attendance, not for revenue?
- Why it’s better to root for the Dark Side.
- The evil that is Herbie the Love Bug.
- 5 Box Office Lessons From 2016: From Franchise Fatigue to Fading Movie Stars
- China extends Hollywood push with $1 billion Paramount investment
Our LD Products Coupon page offers the code SCOTT15, which saves you 10% off every daggum thing you need for your home office, small business, break room, etc. Paper? Laser toner? Printer ink? Cartridges? Break room supplies? Cleaning stuff? Yes, G-money, save 10% on all of it
These vendors keep your podcast free: Our “Shipstation Trial” page gets you, obviously, a free Shipstation trial. This is the killer app if you take orders online and ship physical product. • Get PANDEMIC free, or any audiobook free, as part of a no-risk 30-day Audible Free Trial. • And of course, our longtime sponsor GoDaddy Coupons offers you a new dot-com for a lousy 99 cents with the code CJCSIGLERC.