This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  GJ 5 years, 11 months ago.

So is anybody taking part in NaNoWriMo this year?

• [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

This is so the wrong time for me or I’d have given this a go. The new job is hard and the time is short. What time I do have, belongs to the minions and the housework. Maybe next year! Good luck to eveyone taking part!!
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

They just launched this year, Camp NanoWrimo. It’s a separate venture but the premise is the same, write a novel in a month….and a new contest begins every month.

I am definitely giving it another go this year. This will be my 5th year, I’ve had 4 wins so far so I am praying to pull that off again. Also mentoring newbies to Nano again this year, they are giving me a run for my money already.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

But they say that the production version will be available Dec. 7. Free trial, thought I’d give it a try. Used yWriter before and that’s OK too.
    As for the blues… well, certainly there’s reasons (money, kids, money, work, money, life in general), but Depression is just something that I struggle with off and on. Expecially when I’m phyiscally not feeling well, kind of spirals. Thanks for asking. It helps to know I can reach out to the Junkies.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

So has everyone here written something? I haven’t.

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

Is it still in Beta testing for Windows? In that case, Liquid Story is fine for Windows. Is everything OK Beth? Why the blues? I signed up awhile ago … but yeah … I SHOULD be studying. So we’ll see. It DOES seem like the perfect procrastination tool … :o)

My first attempt, I don’t have high hopes for actually finishing, but I’ll do my best.

Renewed on the website (www.nanowrimo.org) and guess what?? What!
    They have great discounts on some cool software, including a special free trial of Scrivener (heard about that from the FDO a while back) and winners get 50% off in December – partipants get 20% off. Everyone’s a winner that way. Cool….
    What are you waiting for? It starts in just 3 days 5 hours …
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) check out the website: http://www.nanowrimo.org
    You sign up (free) and try to write a 50,000 novel in the month of November. I’ve tried the last 2 years and got to about 25,000 before life got in the way and I stopped…. It’s a good way to get a kick in the pants for those having a hard time sitting down and actually doing the writing part of being a writer. They also have a thing for kids and a thing for script writing (in the summer).

What is it?
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Right now… too depressed to think about it

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Trying to decide if I can truly dedicate the time… as always, NaNo would be better in the spring… no football then.

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

I know I haven’t been around at all in the last…well a long time. However, I have been trying to get my s%&* together and part of that includes actually doing the NaNoWriMo challenge this year. I know there are many of you on the site that want to make a living with the brains you got and a little bit of luck just like me, so why not give it a shot with me?
    I hope Im not the 2nd person posting something like this! How uncreative of a start would that be!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.