It’s a new day, it’s a new dawn, and I’m feeling like whiskey drinks this month!
We’ll be having whiskey Siglocktails all month, starting with a tried-and-true recipe: the Old Fashioned.
Named in the 1880s, you’d think this would be too old fashioned by now to survive, but survive it does. It’s a great basic cocktail that stands the test of time.
Livestream is tonight at 6pm PST and we’ll be toasting with these. Feel free to make this one (send us pics here if you do!) but as ever, you drink whatever you like best, or nothing at all, no worries!
OLD FASHIONED RECIPE:
- 1 sugar cube (or 1/2 teaspoon sugar)
- 2 to 3 dashes bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- Garnish: orange peel
- Garnish: maraschino cherry
Mad Scientist Process of Assembly™:
- Add sugar and bitters to an old fashioned glass.
- Muddle to well combine both ingredients
- Add bourbon or rye to glass.
- Stir well, to dissolve sugar.
- Add large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange peel and maraschino cherry.
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at