Hoo! My favorite type of rum drinks to close out September: tiki drinks!
This week’s Siglocktail is such a classic: the Mai Tai! If you’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing a great tiki bar, you’ve loved this drink! Let’s make one together.
I have to be honest and say that I *miss* bar hopping, and this week’s drink brought me right back to my favorite tiki bar in San Diego, False Idol.
As ever, livestream is tomorrow night and Thursday night at 6pm PST and we’ll be toasting with these yummy cocktails. Feel free to make this one (send us pics here if you do!) but as ever, you drink whatever you like best, or nothing at all, no worries!
MAI TAI RECIPE:
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange curaçao
- 1/4 ounce orgeat
- 1/4 ounce rich demerara simple syrup (with a 2:1 ratio of water to sugar)
- 2 ounces blended dark rum
Mad Scientist Process of Assembly™:
- Combine all ingredients with 12 ounces of crushed ice in a shaker.
- Shake until chilled and pour into a double old fashioned glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a spent lime shell and mint sprig, so it looks like a palm tree on a deserted island!
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at