September, also known as Rum Month at SIGLERinPLACE!
This week’s Siglocktail is the Mojito! Bright, bubbly, and refreshing. Perfect for this super hot Southern California week. (It’s almost 100 degrees today, which is pretttttty hot for this town!)
In the video, I mention that the mojito is the national drink of Cuba, but I think it might be one of several! (The Libre, made of rum, cola and lime is another.) Whatever the truth, it’s delicious in warm weather and perfect for late summer!
Recipe below in case you want the quickest route to this tasty drink! If you have a bit more time, watch the video to see how to make this delish drink directly in the glass!
As ever, livestream is tomorrow night and Thursday night at 6pm PST and we’ll be toasting with these yummy cocktails. Feel free to make this one (send us pics here if you do!) but as ever, you drink whatever you like best, or nothing at all, no worries!
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste (I use 2.5 teaspoons in mine!)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 oz white rum
- ½ cup club soda
Mad Scientist Process of Assembly™:
- Place mint leaves and 4 lime wedges into a sturdy glass.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar to taste.
- Muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice.
- Top the glass with carbonated water.
- Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired.
- Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at