Continuing our vodka recipes this month, and the heat of summer has finally come to Southern California, so now I’m all about a summery, refreshing cocktail.
Our SIGLERinPLACE Siglocktails this week is a Caipiroska! This is a spiritual sister to Brazil’s national drink, the Caipirinha. Where the caipirinha is made with cachaça (a Brazilian rum variant) our caipiroska is made with vodka. Traditionally, it’s made with fresh lime, sugar and vodka, but I’m adding fresh ginger and mint to brighten things up. I’m also adding some ginger beer to make this a bit less alcoholic, and perfect for sipping during the hottest part of the day.
As ever, livestream is tomorrow night at 6pm PST and I’ll make this drink just as our show starts. Feel free to make this one (send us pics here if you do!) but as ever, you drink whatever you like best, or nothing at all, no worries!
MINT GINGER CAIPIROSKA RECIPE:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 5 mint sprigs
- 4 ounces vodka (I used Blue Ice)
- 3 ounces ginger beer
Mad Scientist Process of Assembly™:
- Muddle ginger with sugar in a glass.
- Add mint sprigs. Muddle until fragrant.
- Add vodka, ginger beer and ice.
- Garnish with mint.
- If you have ginger syrup, you can add that instead of the sugar and sliced fresh ginger.
- If you’re daring and have had a great garden this summer, try basil or cilantro instead of mint!
- If you’re missing a bit of tartness, add a half ounce of lemon juice!
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at