This week’s SIGLERinPLACE cocktail is a blueberry thyme gin fizz! It’ll be our last gin cocktail for a while, and it’s super summery and easy to make! Livestream is tomorrow night at 6pm PST and I’ll make this drink just as our show starts. Feel free to join us, make a Shirley Temple version, or just pour your own beverage of any kind and relax!
OUR RECIPE FOR A “BLUEBERRY THYME GIN FIZZ”
The gin fizz is a simple recipe, and can be infinitely dressed up, similar to a martini or a smash. In this case, we’ve got lots of lemon thyme in the patio garden, and lots of blueberries, so we’re dressing our fizzes up with those!
- 2 ounces Gin (I used Empress 1908)
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (more or less as desired for sweetness)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Club soda
- Lemon slice or lemon twist, extra blueberries, thyme sprig to garnish
Mad Scientist Process of Assembly™
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, blueberries, and thyme leaves. Make sure to smash the blueberries up well!
- Pour into a glass over ice (I choose not to strain the muddled mixture, but you can certainly strain into the glass as well).
- Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a lemon slice, fresh blueberries and a sprig of fresh thyme.
Watch SIGLERinPLACE live at