Well, our friendly neighborhood FX wizard Ron Karkoska of Monster FX has a simple recipe that will help you splatter the walls in gorish red.
“Here’s a blood recipe that I think any of your readers would be able to handle using things easily obtainable,” says Ron. “All you need is corn syrup, red and blue food coloring, flour or cornstarch, and a general psychotic attitude.”
- Add one part water to three parts corn syrup.
- Add red food coloring to the mixture, stirring until thoroughly mixed
- Add a small amount of blue food coloring to darken the mixture
- Sift in small amounts of flour or cornstarch, gently mix again thoroughly
- If small lumps of dry powder form at the surface, remove them
- Or, you can use small amounts of chocolate syrup to thicken (note: using chocolate syrup will darken the blood so be careful when adding)