Reply to Comment
NeilColquhoun said: To the team:
My thoughts, for what it's worth -
- The site is certainly cleaner, but after the familiarity of the previous design, it will take a little time for it to become as easy on the eye.
- Like anything new/redesigned/improved, there are always teething problems, and I am confident that when these have been implemented, then users of the site will have a richer and more satisfying experience.
- I can see why this site design needed to be rolled out, and I think there is a bigger focus on the products on offer, as opposed to having a large portion of the previous design given over to the social aspect of the site... although, I presume, the social side keeps a large number of users returning day after day!
- In my opinion, the decision to keep all the blog posts in one place/column is a big plus over the previous design - easier to find/locate.
- In previous posts, mention has been made of comments in relation to a post not being first on the list. It is intuitive for the list of comments to work as most recent first, and I'm sure that thought has been taken into consideration in regard to future tweaks etc.
- I am of the opinion that users like to see who else is online, and a list similar to that used in the previous design would be useful.
All in all, congratulations on the new design.
I do have one other gripe though - I think that the old site was fairly unique in design, and this newer design looks very similar to a lot of others. Perhaps I just need to get used to it!
Kind Regards to Scott, A Real Girl, the Back My Books team, and anyone else who was involved in the site revamp/relaunch.
Stay Alive - Neil Colquhoun