This topic contains 53 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter Hardy Peter Hardy 2 years, 6 months ago.

WTF Earthcore Prices

• Profile photo of Peter Hardy

Got mine back in 2005 for $20, had it shipped to Scott so it’s signed & personalised to me.

I do need to find new copies of Infected & Contagious hardcovers, I just moved to a new place so i had to move a couple of thousand books and those two have just vanished. MAKES ME MAD AS HELL!

Profile photo of Paul DeWig

When Scott released it….

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Surprised SEE >> One of our own needs help – Earthcore Prize on offer! << Surprised

If you don’t own a copy – you do not want to miss this!!!

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Profile photo of GJ

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

Profile photo of sadock

I don’t like the chemical based one though. Not sure why they even make it considering how well the natural one works Undecided

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of GJ

infected and Earthcore are on thier way!!!

Allthough they won’t make it to my Christmas sack :(

breath as I opened the package. The thing that bothered me the most was that the seller put a big sticker over the bar code on the back. And I had a really hard time getting it off without damaging the cover. It was really stuck on there! I hate when people put stickers on books! Yell

But other than that, I’m very pleased with it. Laughing

Profile photo of sadock

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of sadock

…..I received today. It’s in “Good” condition at best. It will be going back to the seller. I hate people who don’t know how to grade merchandise accurately Yell

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

Mine has yet to arraive from the US, but I hope it looks as good as that!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=s]

The edges of the cover are little banged up, but otherwise it’s in great shape! AND it’s in English!! LOL!

Photobucket

Profile photo of GJ

I’m still waiting for it….and I ordered an old Hard Back Ancestor with the big blue eye on it yesterday.. that should come in the new year. The collection is growing.

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=s]

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of sadock

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Danny Lundy

and bitch to them. let then know how you feel. maybe you can leave some form of feed back on the seller.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

Been meaning to for ages but have so many 1st editions that I’m after that it’s hard to make the decisions

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

on a site called Abebooks.com from seller named Castle Rock. It was listed for $2.86 + $3.99 S&H! I should have known it was too good to be true!!! I placed the order and 2 days later I got an e-mail from the seller saying the order had been canceled due to a problem with my credit card – that they never actually identified – which is BS cuz I verified my info and everything was correct. AND there was also no problem with my funds!

I e-mailed them back asking if they could please reprocess the order, to which they said they could not. I would have to wait for the item to be “restocked” and I’d have to place the order again. Well, when the book was relisted, the price was suddenly $39.39, which I agree is a more reasonable price, but WTF?!?!

I e-mailed the seller AGAIN to ask why the price had gone up so dramatically in just a couple of days! I even still had the original order confirmation and all correspondences that had the price listed at $2.86. They told me their “prices change hourly because of stock changes”. Then they said they “think that [I] can find this book at a much better price on http://www.half.com“. Again, WTF?!

I think this guy saw what others were charging for the book – especially after I pleaded with him to reprocess the order because I told him I was EXTREMELY interested in buying it – canceled my order, and relisted it at a more competitive price. Then when I bitched about it, he basically told me to go somewhere else! What kind of seller is that?!?!?

Well, his price was still the best I found, but I wasn’t going to give this asshole my money anymore so I bought the copy from Amazon instead.

Sorry for the rant, but this whole situation really pissed me off! I know it’s your money, but if you find the copy that this guy is selling (I found it on another site too, but it was still the same seller – Castle Rock) don’t buy it! I understand the whole “supply and demand” thing, but this guy was just a straight up asshole – and definitely not a Junkie! It would serve him right to not be able to sell it to anyone cuz he got greedy and tried to screw me over!

OK, I’m done now. Thank you for your time!

Profile photo of GJ

I’m hoping it’s today!

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of sadock

…..collector’s copy. I grabbed one for Ancestor a while back. I left the EARTHCORE PB up there for a couple days and no one snagged it. Guess no one wanted it. Rather odd, considering how much people are whining about how hard they are to find at a decent price. Cest la vie.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Donald McGrath II

Remember the FDO said “I have to rewrite EARTHCORE for Crown before I can write MT. FITZROY” !! So if you can get this version of EARTHCORE for a decent price now the value of your book will really increase when the FDO is done with the rewrite in the future !!!

Nothing and nobody escapes my grasp you unworthy primitive talking monkeys !!

With steeling the copy I was going to buy.

Oh wait you said Amazon, sorry I was looking at a different site never mind.

Profile photo of sadock

I considered buying the Like New one for $47 USD, decided I’d let someone else have it. It’s rare to see so many in the $40-$50 USD range.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Belladonna420

for $44.00 – says it’s in VERY GOOD condition! I hope so….

Profile photo of GJ

I tweeted my Ancestor today… I’ll tweet the Earthcore when it comes. I’m hoping It’ll be tomorrow.

Profile photo of GJ

Just a shame I can’t read a frickin word!

Profile photo of nilling

the German covers :)

aka nilling

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of sadock

If it IS German, you shouldn’t have an issue returning it for a full refund. Annoying, but worth the risk. I’ve never understood why sellers have problems listing things correctly Frown I ran into that when I was looking for collectible hardcovers a while back. Had to order 4 copies before I got what I wanted.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Danny Lundy

I could never stay mad at you. :)

Profile photo of GJ

Don’t feel bad my lose your gain. Just glad it found a good home.

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

… and if you don’t want it (for some strange reason), I’ll take it.

Well done. And post those pics when it arrives.

N

Profile photo of GJ

I check every weekend. I’ve been scanning the internet for over 12 months to get one. I was bought one for my 30th birthday and was do chuffed, only to open the cover for necol and found it was German print.

I’m sorry sorry sorry. Amazon sucks for letting anyone do that. I’d never have taken that from a fellow junkie.

Feeling bad bad bad. Even pulled up on the services to answer this post. :(

I think that you stole the copy I had in my Amazon cart. Gggrrrrrr. I hope you enjoy it. LOL

Profile photo of GJ

I’ll take pics when it arrives. It BETTER not be german again or I’ll have to KILL someone

Profile photo of Anthony McGarry

Blame him , he started us all out on his crack, now we’re junkies for it. blame him or blame yourself.

yes that is a first edition Ancestor, no you can’t have it, not even for 400 dalla on ebay.

mMuhahaha

Profile photo of Donald McGrath II

It cost me less than $45 with expidited shipping(6.99) on Amazon to buy my EARTHCORE !!! that means the book cost me around $34 and it’s in real good condition !! but not mint condition. You do get what you pay for but you can save money and get a book in good condition without breaking the bank is all I’m saying!!

Nothing and nobody escapes my grasp you unworthy primitive talking monkeys !!

Profile photo of sadock

……but they wouldn’t be doing it if someone wasn’t willing to pay for it. That’s the way supply and demand works. If you want it now, you’re going to pay a lot. If you’re willing to wait, odds are you’ll be able to find a copy less expensive later. But you may not. That’s the risk you take.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Michael Brown

For ever in our hearts, Mitchell “The Machine” Fayed #34

Profile photo of

Yes, I’ll quote Admiral Adama. Good luck!

~Proud Member of the CBBC~ The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of GJ

as soon as they come out. They are investment pieces!

Profile photo of Peter Preston

That’s right. Simply put a curse on the houses of those who are charging through the teeth for a copy. Pray to the dark one that a copy will be collected from the house of the now dead owner and make its way into a second hand book shop. One that you just happen to be passing one sunny mornong and BAM, there you go. Book’s all yours.

I think it sounds plausible enough. Oooh yeah. Just there. That’s the spot.

Profile photo of Tony Miller

who were outsold by the FDO when the rush hit. I ordered Earthcore and Ancestor, had the order with shipping ready to rock for under $30. BAMMO! 2 days later I got an email from Amazon telling me the order had been kicked out because they didnt’ think I would want it because there was such a demand for it . . . yeah, Amazon, I didn’t want it. That’s why I ordered it . . . thanks.

Profile photo of Simorgh Jourabchi

Will it be a rewrite, or as-is? Also, will there be beer at said Apocalypse?

“I’m making perfect sense. You’re just not keeping up.”

Profile photo of

Nothing I can do about that, I’m afraid. There will be a hardcover edition of EARTHCORE in 2012 (note, the book might be the harbinger of the Aztec apocolypse). It’s out of print, and the marketplace determines the prices. That’s supply and demand.

Profile photo of Nemesis0

I thought it was kind of funny when i saw that. I’m surprised too tho cause i got a hold of the paperback Earthcore for under $15 back in 2007 off of ebay and in 3 short years the price skyrocketed.

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

Don’t get me wrong I get it that it is rare and it is limited and has the possibility to become valuable. It is still crazy.

Combat Cook

34 ID

Profile photo of Jason Banks

the originial paper back ancestor and earthcore, they are collectors items now i mean with the book deal with crown you cant find those hardly any more yeah the price is rediculous but at the same times its not because like stated above what do you think will happen in 10 years or what do you think would happen if the FDO passed on? lord knows we dont want that but seriously if he didnt and someone had a originial copy of those two theywould have some solid cash in there hands

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

Guess I’ll have to save for original Ancestor and Earthcore.

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

…if you had a 1st edition of King’s 1974 debut book “Carrie”, you wouldn’t let it go for just a few bones either. Scott is positioned to become just as big as King or Crichton, and in ten or fifteen years that first-run copy of Earthcore is going to worth five times as much as you see it going for now.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

It’s because it’s no longer in print and has become a collectors item. That and the original Ancestor are all I need to complete mine.

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

I am not at all happy. People on Ebay have to be smoking some serious crack. I looked up Earthcore and they had a buy it now for $227. Yes, I know it is the FDO but that works out to about $0.71 per flipping page. Sigler is good but damn that is just wrong. I saw it on Amazon for as high as $127. I love your work but Scary Perry wouldn’t be the only one losing his balls if I paid that price for a paperback.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.