This topic contains 84 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Mathis Wrenn Mathis Wrenn 5 years, 11 months ago.

Worst movies….ever

Thats what happens when you make a movie about a crappy video game…. since it’s subject is crappy…it HAS to be crappy.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

General George S. Patton Jr.

What a waste of time.

Too many characters

No story

No plot

No character development

Bad acting

Pointless

Too much talk with no relevance to anything.

Unscary monsters

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

Eragon the movie.  They raped the book up its nose.

W.

The scifi channel knock-off of  War of the Worlds.

King Cobra 2

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

General George S. Patton Jr.

I can’t decide.  There are four pieces of total crap that stand out from all the rest like … little fly covered piles of cinematic feces.

Titantic
    The Ring
    Dead Heat  (zombie cops are not good)
    Battlefield Earth (and i LOVED that book)

Tastes Like Chicken

The same for dumb and dumberer.

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

While I like a potty/snot/fart joke as much as the next guy, the title of this movie was prophetic.  It’s only the second movie I’ve ever turned off after struggling through the first half hour.

I watched that POS and felt like a dorked over postal worker when it was done. I want to sue the studio for a return of the lifeforce I wasted watching that lousy flick.

Fargo is not far behind …

yes.. that’s what proximity to my mind tend to do to things..

I havent watched it yet myself. My cousin work on that film. My cousins son got to play one of Santas elves. Thought of watching it just for that reason but havent got a round to it yet. Hopefully I will do so before Santa Clause XXIII hits the screen!

(By the voices, those damnable voices!)  >:) But as to doing what….. Muuuwwaahaha!! I’ll just keep that to myself! That way I can keep Wolf from having any further nightmares!!!

G-Man

Rich man gets off work, then buys stereo. Not after f***ing brunch! – Mooj

to revote for Barton Fink. There just aren’t words to describe the overwhelming crapulence of this flick. It was crap. Poop, even. Very poopie.

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

Well I wear size 12 shoes so I’d get no love if you had a ‘little foot’ fetish..

I liked Howard the Duck

although it has been nearly 2 decades since I watched it and my fond memories of it may be tainted….

My wife bought this on DVD and said, come on, watch it, you will love it!  What a waste of a couple of hours of my life!

Enough said!

3 words:

Bring 

it 

On

I’ve been subjected to this ultimate torture.  I have cheerleaders in the family.  

Now that I think of it, ALL dance-themed movies are garbage!!!

But I shall make an example of this one.

I agree

and after they promised that there could be only one. 

"In remission for 35 days. YeeHaw!"

Santa clause 3.  Lord I had to sit through that with my Niece!!!!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Or did they just listened to their eight year old who hadn’t read the book in 6 months for a description

GO OSU!

Reprising his role from "IT". Then maybe he would show them his dead lights and feast on all the little Ompalompas!

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

I’m gonna have to re-read the books and watch the movies and figure out all they screwed up in the movie. I like doing that with Harry Potter. Except they didn’t screw up the movies, they just left some parts out, not entire plot points. The Eragon movie wasn’t that bad a movie for someone that didn’t read the book but a total disappointment for anyone who read the book.

G-Man

When life gives you lemons, make applesauce. -Angelica Pickles

and I didn’t think it was that bad. I kinda liked the Health Inspector. It had its moments.

G-Man

Why did they use the same dude for everything? What, they couldn’t afford to pay for more than one midget? That was messed up. How many midget actors and extras are in Hollywood, looking for those rare parts? When word came down Charlie was being remade, they probably went out and bought SUVs in anticipation of the big pending check.

My record is 42 days. I’m really hoping to bust that wide ass open! 

"In remission for 33 days. YeeHaw!"

While Norbit overall wasn’t a good flick. I did have some moments worth a little chuckle. (you noticed I said "a few moments" I meant that in the literal sense!) Also glad to see your count up continue to climb!!

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

Howard The Duck

Leonard Part 6

Batman and Robin ( I swear I tried three times to watch this POS and fell asleep all 3 times)

Battlefield Earth

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot! ( she should have shot Stallone!)

Larry the Cable Guy; Health Inspector (should have been condemned)

Ghost Dad (it died early)

What’s the Worst that Could Happen? ( this movie answered it’s own question)

Norbit

Anything with David Spade

I didn’t include sequels or remakes. Most of them should never be made in the first place!

"In remission for 33 days. YeeHaw!"

Picture the early 90′s.  A teenage son and his dad up late working on a project for school.  No one is home and they are looking for something on HBO.  Then there is a title, Frankenhooker.  It is funny enough for them to watch it.  You will never see a 15 year old son and his 33 year old father laugh so hard in your life.  Horrible movie.  So bad you had to laugh.  A man, who drills holes in his head to relieve stress, builds a frankenstein’s monster out of hookers.  If it wasn’t so bad I would say not to see it.  But if you have time to waste in your life watch it.

When they showed the chicken being beheaded. I was 5 years old. I wasn’t ready for that

GO OSU!

A movie shouldn’t take out plot points that are in the book that are crucial plot points in the book’s sequel!

The new book seems to be more original. I am currently reading it right now and liking it.

GO OSU!

To eacch his own…hoping for more originality out of his most recent release.  I’d be surprised, however if they make anmore movies out of the books.  It’s a shame because it at least had potential as a movie.

Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

I know it is a rehashing, lacking any originality. There are so many books like that, I can’t even count. Many do it badly. This may sound strange, but I liked the way he did it. I enjoyed the books.  You could consider Eragon an everyman’s fantasy.  Many people don’t care about a book being plagiarized, as long as they are entertained.

Think of all David Eddings Books: They are all rehashes of the same story, but they are good rehashes

GO OSU!

You don’t make Willy Wonka look like edward scissorhands (a good Johnny Depp Movie).  He looked like he was going to molest all the little children there.

GO OSU!

They could have had at  least a small montage of growth. It was a pretty short movie anyways. I don’t know what they were smoking when they made up the menacing cloud of doom. Somebody must have expelled some smoke when he was smoking marijuana and said "This would be a great idea for Durza’s steed!". they should have kept in the original duel sequence. Saphira coming out of the sapphire rose would have looked so cool in CGI. Also, WTF was with the Urgals.  This was supposedly a big budget movie.  Another thing, the lack of elves pointed ears. My other gripe is the ending.

*Raises the WTF flag?

GO OSU!

Both the movie and the books are both major fails, imho.

Understanding that Christopher Paolini was just a kid when he wrote Eragon, the plot/characters/environments are all thinly veiled regurgitations of other well established fantasy books.  I really wanted to like his books too, but it ended up amounting to an amalgalm of Anne McCaffery’s Dragonriders of Pern, with a sprinkle of The Belgariad, a dash of Star Wars, and a gravy toping of LoTR.  It’s one thing to take inspiration from someone else’s work,…hell, many books are just a rehashing of greek or roman mythology or the Faustian dilemma, etc.  But at least there is some original twist … Paolini’s books border on plagarism.  Unfortunately the movie version of Eragon ended up so diluted that it was a hollow shell of the already barely tolerable books.  One can only hope Brsingr brings some maturation of his writing style.

Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

at least for me. You can’t have him ridng the dragon for days and days, in a time lapse. The thing that was the worst was the Durza death and dragon thing. WTF was that???

G-Man

was Uber creepy by itself! He looked like a character from the "Tales from the Darkside"

it was just creepy!  i kept waiting for the guy from dateline to show up!

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

But you are totally correct! What a waste of time that movie is! My kids even liked the old version better.

GO OSU!

i watch alot of kids shows because of my kids so i would have to say out of everything Charlie and the chocolate factory is the worst movie ever!  i grew up with the original willy wonka and they butchered it for the new generations! 

It’s probably pretty bad. Robocop 1 was a great movie. Starship Troopers was pretty good (lol at the ending), but the underlying imagery was taking it a little far. VERY few sequels are better than the originals. There are always exceptions though (Shrek 2, Dark Knight, Star wars V,VI, etc.)

GO OSU!

I loved the book too! one of my favorite series. (currently devouring Brisingr).  The movie should have followed the plotline of the book a little more closely (LOTR deviated slightly from the plot, but at least they kept in major characters). I liked it at first, but it lost me at the part where saphira transformed. I would recommend the movie for a family (with young children) movie night thing, but not for anything more serious than that. Plot butchering of that magnitude shouldn’t exist

GO OSU!

dont worry my mother in law is a movie idiot as well.  and she constantly watches HGN *shudders*

Assassins do it from behind

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

im almost scared to watch…almost

Starship Troopers 2. SUCKED. Big. Nuf said.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

is a movie idiot. (Shit, did I say that???)

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

I was going the the channels the other day and came on Robo Cop 3. OMFG that was definitely one of the worse films ever. I actually never like any of them but that one really sucked. I swear I was losing brain cells for the little bit I actually watched.

although Im not sure even that would have helped it.

but Barton Fink sucked ass. It has my vote for one of the worst ever. That was several hours of my life that, to this day, I still don’t know what happened to them. Or what the actual point of the movie was. And I wasn’t even drinking!

It fits

G-Man

there’s a part in ‘Watchmen’ (the graphic novel) that has a murderer doing the dog feeding thing to a kid…..sick shit

the 5 extera guys that were sent to guard the hidden goat path.

ITS A WAIST OF EYE SPACE!!!

IT OFFENDS MY EARHOLES!!!

rodney carigton

Thats exactly what I meant…yea

but it was kinda meant for the kids but the parents could have liked it when the babies botched English phrases, like "over my dad’s potty. But mainly it was a fun show that anyone could like.

G-Man

Too damned butchered and made to be PC.

And there was a something similar to the the T-bone on the bone thing. In Sin City Marv cuts up Ole whats his name and lets the dog eat on him! 

It was a rather hit and miss as far as episodes went. Sometimes they were a blast others, meh.

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

having read Michael Crichton’s original (a good book but not his best) I cant believe how much they butchered this. they took out some of the best parts of the book and inserted HUGE piles of Hutchinsss with little kernals of Rossi in it.

and wow..Highlander 2 "The Quickening" wasnt quick enough for me either. too bad there can be only one….level of hell we can stick the guy that made that movie.

oh and P.S. that tbone and wolves thing… that would be cool in a movie why dont we ever get to see that shit? huh?? my vote for that treatment?? the Gay army guy that Rick Schroeder played in andromeda strain. there are 2×4′s at my local Home Depot that act less wooden than him. I hope he dreams of silver spoons and this movie….every night forever

Fuck me, hands-down this is the worst piece of crap ever. It’s almost as bad as Highlander 2, but at least Highlander 2 was only 90 minutes long. Andromeda was four hours of please-stick-broken-glass-in-my-eyes misery. I’d tell you to watch it to see just how bad it is, but that would be like me telling you to strap a t-bone to your junk and walk into a pack of rabid wolves — there’s some things you just don’t do.

the show was fucking hilarious.

MST3k fact: the first guy, Joel Robinson was actually the series creator Joel Hodgson, and his replacement Mike Nelson was the head writer for the show.

More Shadowrama!

I actually joined their fan club at the height of their popularity.  I never missed an episode..until they got the new guy

that show was the shiznit! i have all of them on dvd, never laughed so hard. too bad its over, ive seen a couple of "fanfic" type shows, but it wasn’t the same

paid to see this in the cinema.  When the bunch of us who went to see it realized just what a B-movie it was, it turned into MST3K.  Every time the camera angle went to the snake’s perspective we should shout "SNAKE VISION"!!

Freds a swinger from way back

sorry but I missed the boat on that one. watched a couple of episodes and said to myself, "self, these parents ought to be executed" at the very least arrested, and put in the stockade in the pubic square so that all may throw rotten Tomatoes at them.

Whats wrong with a little foot fetish! :p

G-Man

I thought it might be interesting, but I now know I was wrong. The Love Guru might be the same.

G-Man

I read the book and loved it. The movie didn’t do a good job of book to movie transition but it was pretty good nonetheless.

G-Man

I had to change it because JP said that it had to do with a "foot fetish".

G-Man

I guess thats a new one on me. I will go look it up now on IMDB.

Sorry but I had to get up and leave. Just to much, I couldnt sit there and watch anymore private parts get bit!

Uh, or her either! ;)

if you know it….im sorry.

if you were in it …shame shame

if you liked it..explain your self please

rodney carigton

if tht quote is Rugrats, but he did list it as one of his favorite shows

that’s funny thanks for the laugh!

anything by the disney channel

Disaster movie

Eragon

and…

baby geniuses 2

GO OSU!

are regular porn stars that discover that the audience loves to watch a live human girl fucking a zombie and then mid act she starts to chop off or stab bits and the whole damn movie had to have been shot on a handycam (its more than horrible)

Zombie strippers was more of a regular zombie flick that just involved strippers and Jenna Jameson and FREDDY KRUEGER! you heard it here folks! Freddy likes zombie strippers!

one, two freddy’s cummin on you…*spooge*

three, four he likes the back door (spit and shove)

etc..you get the idea lol

I would have thought Zombie Strippers would have been zombie porn.

G-Man

Wow, I just got done watching one of THE WORST movies I have ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot of movies.

the movie is "Johnny Sunshine Maximum Violence" (yep thats the real title)  I think that the title is the only good thing going for it. it’s about…wait for it…wait for it… a new subculture of ppl who make Zombie pr0n! OMFG my eyes are bleeding after this one. so while I heal I thought I’d ask what other horrible movies you might have watched so that I may avoid them like the plague, I don’t think i can take a movie of that caliber for a while. *curls into a fetal position in the corner*

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.