This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Shirley Bruce Shirley Bruce 5 years, 4 months ago.

Wiki update reward system

It might would get more content into the wiki but there are a lot of people who don’t know how to post to the wiki and would leave them out.  In general, it is up to the FDO.  If he says OK than it will be so.  I bet there would be a run then.  LOL!  Who knows, it may come to pass!!!! Smile

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

I was just wondering if incentives would get more content into the wiki.

have contributed to the Wiki pages without being "rewarded".  Lots of people have bought books without being "rewarded".  The person who has worked on the Wiki the most is Gmork.  The FDO noticed this and made Gmork a Mastapimp!  A much more coveted award than CHs.  CHs come from posting to the threads.  That’s how it works.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Alas.

• With no final result.
  • As a major contributor to some of the Contagious works… 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.  And now a pusher too!

I’d like to suggest some sort of crack hit reward system for ‘meaningful’ updates to the wiki.  Maybe Gmork could be granted a slush fund of hits that could be handed out as seen fit based on the quantity/quality of the content.  I’ve added quite a bit to the Rookie wiki already, but a little motivation in the form of crack would certainly go a long way toward adding more.

If not crack hits, then maybe a new badge/rank for adding a certain amount of wiki content.  Truthfully, I think thats a legitimate idea based on quantifiable merit.

I’d also like to shamelessly suggest that any such system be retroactive.  Laughing

Anyone else think this is a good idea?  Not sure if this is even possible, but thought I’d throw it out there.  Maybe this already exists, but if it does I’m not aware of it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.