This topic contains 26 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Avinjer Avinjer 4 years ago.

Whose Finished the starter?…and what do you think of the sequel to the Rookie?….no spoilers

• Profile photo of Avinjer

As you command. Review written. Waiting for the next book very impatiently.

One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

Profile photo of

Shake your ass on over there and review!

Click here to go do yer thang.

Profile photo of Avinjer

AWESOME!!!!!!! Now I can hardly wait for All Pro. I’ve been savoring this book for quite awhile. Forcing myself to only read 20 or 30 pages at a time. But when I got into the last 150 pages I couldn’t put it down and had to finish it. Now I have no new Sigler to read. Hurry with the next one. Withdrawal is setting in already. I agree with fellow junkies, if you need more proof readers I would like to throw my name in the ring. You could group junkies and release a different chapter to each group. Just sayin’.

Keep up the good work.

One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter

I got lazy and then my computer freaked out and I never got to send an e-mail about what I wanted to see in _The All-Pro_, but I love George Starcher’s character and hope we get to see more of him in the next book! I also loved reading through and recognizing how much stuff was stuff we wanted (and stuff that Scott had said was already planned out or already in the book or whatnot), so that was really fun. I think the most shocking point for me was the [redacted] and the most uplifting when Denver was excitedly thanking Barnes for [redacted]. The John/Ju interactions were great, and their mom was completely perfect and how I had actually imagined her. The other character I loved was, his name slips my mind right now (urgh, it’s really late and I’m tired), the gay investigator man.[Frederico.] I want more of him too. All around, was not disappointed in _The Starter_ in the slightest!

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Editor’s note: Please remember no spoilers in the forums!

Profile photo of Steven Schacknies

Wish I could have made it last longer. Now the wait for The All-Pro begins. Really enjoyed reading it without the temptation of listening to the audio. Very interested in seeing what happens to the unresolved subplots and loose ends, especially the player with the “mods”.

M. Night Shot-his-wad

Running Back for the New Rodina Astronauts #35

Profile photo of Rain Nite

scott really hit the ball out of the park with this one. i got thru this book in about 4 days, i could not put it down.
    looking forward to the next one.

Profile photo of athanas

Had a free night, so I cranked out the last 250 pages with MNF on in the backround; kind of a cool experience.

Great book. Got goosebumps at the end, even though I pretty much saw it coming (so that takes some skill to be able to pull that off).

Can’t wait for the All-Pro next year.

Profile photo of Chris Casey

Seriously looking forward to some questions being answered in The All-Pro. But the book is great, and it’s freaking gorgeous!

Profile photo of Francis O'Donovan

Let me put it like this: I loved the Starter so much, I actually got off my ass and submitted some Amazon reviews and Forum posts. I gotta keep encouraging Scott so that he’ll finish the series!

Profile photo of Jason Banks

I dont think it was being dumb about money as it was more being focused on his one and only love…FOOTBALL because if you look he is fully vendicated and fullfilled playing ball simple and plan so why would he put money and superficial things over the fact he is a tier 1 football player, the leader of the legendary Ionath Krakens, and a poor po-dunk kid from a mining colony who is now in every home in the known universe on the sundays..so who needs money right?

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

I want it known first that I very much enjoyed the book. It proudly sits on my bookshelf with all the other Sigler books. I had just one little problem with the book. When did Barnes get so damn dumb about money? In “The Rookie” he refused to sign on with the boat builder until he had an agent and could make sure he got the best deals and make the big bucks. Then in “The Starter” he doesn’t need an agent and thinks he is making bank just playing football. I know he grew up as a backwoods hick but he wasn’t that dumb in book one about money.

Besides that little hang-up I loved the book and look forward to when the next book comes out.

Combat Cook

“Death From Within”

34 ID

Profile photo of Richard Palmer

I would agree here. there is DEFINITELY room for improvement…then again…most first additions usually do end up that way…its what makes them unique. However, I agree…if you need someone to go over the book with a fine toothed comb, and fix any possible mistakes…I can do so also. I am a decent editor when i want to be. lol.

Those who know me, fear me. Those who do not, will come to learn to. Those who cannot, will DIE.

Profile photo of Nemesis0

Loved The Starter. Just finished it tonight. All I can say is Holy Crap…it turned out just as I was hoping it would.

Sucks cause we gotta wait another year for the next one….

Profile photo of James Eager
  • I found out that I was in it when I read the page.
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.
Profile photo of James Eager
  • I’m going to break this down:
  • 1. The story – good work, lots of loose ends for the next book.
  • 2. Format of the book. Nicely done, classy cover
  • 3. The proofreading – Lots of room for improvement. The FDO needs a new team here. I found words missing from sentences and double words in at least a half dozen places, and that was just reading it. Hey, Scott, if you need some good proofreaders, drop me a line, I’ll do it.
  • 4. Good solid read, good solid story, recommended for your perusal. (That means: Go buy the book, junkies!)
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.
  • Profile photo of John Shannon

I thouroughly enjoyed it. It could be the underworld slant that is more a part of the story but for some reason while reading I was reminded of Hope Hubris (Bio of a Space Tyrant – Piers Anthony). The situations Quinten finds himself in just reminded me of that. I think it would definately be interesting to see Quinten finding himself as major “organization” player unwittingly. Lots of possibilities in there and I look forward to see if Scott does more good things with it.

Profile photo of BigJohn

I’m not sure I liked it better than the Rookie, but for me the most exciting part was that I didn’t know the story already – I mean, this is the first Sigler novel that I’m aware of that was NOT available as an audiobook first. So the first read is the first time we ever encounter it. That was cool.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

a term in football. If you shuck someone, you are getting rid of them. As in, a defensive lineman would shuck is offensive blocker, and then chase after the QB.

Those who know me, fear me. Those who do not, will come to learn to. Those who cannot, will DIE.

Profile photo of Wolf

Personally, I liked it much better than the Rookie. I just can’t nail down the reason why, though.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan

Friend of Junkies everywhere

However…you have to keep in mind…the FDO and the rest at DOM…are attempting to appeal to a wider range of audience, by making the book “YA”(Young Adult). Granted…kids hear worse than that these days in PG13 movies…but, the masses are made to feel better with the exclusion of certain words from so called “YA” titles…and keep in mind…everything but the original Rookie podcast is gonna be YA Friendly now…so you may as well just get used to the “Shucking”

like classic rookie ya know its a slang term just for the sigler universe it makes the world and speech more unique

Profile photo of Steven Hill

Just a thought. But I do not mind cussing. As a matter of fact every time I read “shucking” I stopped and read it again and said “Fucking” out loud and it sounded better.

Am I alone? Just some food food for thought.

I am absolutely enthralled by the book i think it brought back all the addictivness of the rookie, i especially lovedthe segments of back info on the galazies races and the universe it self. though i am a bit sad at some other parts…

Profile photo of Eric Parker

The new characters were all good introductions and the plot was sufficiently flushed out to make for additional plot lines for the next novel. I’m quite impressed.

Owner of the Themela Dreadnaughts – Winners of the 2683 Planet Division

All Hail the FDØ!

Some parts were sorta predictable…but STILL an amazing sequel. I don’t know about anyone else…but having been a junky that listened week to week for ‘The Rookie’, I could hear every player’s voice in my head, and hear the FDO narrating the rest…lol. Still a bit miffed that the FDO forgot to include me like he said he was goin to… so I better be in the next book…or Pope Siglericus is gonna have a visit from Tweedy’s future favorite Defensive End… If only I could get iTunes to properly reinstall on my computer…I could get my roommate into the series as well! He just doesn’t get why I was so extremely excited when ‘The Starter’ Landed on our doorstep…lol.

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

Very interting. Lots if new directions. I can’t wait for the next one.

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

just wanted to know who has finished the STARTER, and what do everyone thinks of the sequel to the ROOKIE. I Just finished the started and I absolutely loved though i would love to see some wild cat formation action in the next book I think the krakens got the talent to pull it off

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.