This topic contains 48 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason Williamson Jason Williamson 5 years, 2 months ago.

Who should star in The Rookie (the movie)?

• Profile photo of Jason Williamson

Peyton Manning as Barnes (hes actually pretty funny and might be able to handle a simple acting role like this) Brett Favre as Pine? Probably not Favre but how about Alex Skarsgard from True Blood for Pine.

To be honest though I would have to say this should be a CGI project with the live capture tech they used to do Gollum.

Dark Knight Marine General

Festina Lente

Profile photo of David Dysart

I think a way to go would be wrestler from the WWE. Probably cheaper than actors with the same recognition, and I don’t think I would ever stop laughing if I saw John Morrison as Quentin Barnes and Dwaine The ROCK Johnson as Donald Pine. I don’t even think I would be able to finish the movie because I would completely lose my shit at that combo. Wiki for the wrestlers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Wrestling_Entertainment_employees

The Rookie Cast

Quentin Barnes

John Morrison

Don Pine

The first person to come to mind is Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice.

Dwaine The ROCK Johnson

Fayed

It’s a shame that Schwartsinager is old and now the Governator. How is he not tailor made.

Yassoud Murphy

MVP could pass if the character was somewhat reinvented

Pareless

Not to sure about the character, so I’ll just toss Batista in here

Rick Warburg

Chris Master could pull it off

David Hart Smith could have the chops for this also

So could Dolph Ziggler

Dang, even Paul Burchill

Choto the Bright

Virac the Mean

And other Quyth

Jason Momoa – SG Atlantis

Christopher Judge – Teal’c (as Virac the Mean)

Michael Madsen – Reservior Dogs

Tweedy

Nathan (as mentioned earlier) could do it, but I don’t think he’s the best choice

Another iffy pick would be Goldberg.

This one is going to take more thought

Profile photo of greg roberson

yea ryan reynolds might work for Barnes, maybe. but paul worker shoud be pine, n kane hodder should b Tweedy, n brock lesnar for Fayed

Profile photo of J.P.

if they get the right make-up & effects folks involved to ensure he looks young.

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

Profile photo of Chris Wilks

he may look to old though

Profile photo of Belladonna420

as Quentin Barnes.  He’s got the right build for it and he could pull off the swagger and the attitude without a hitch.

Profile photo of J.P.

Mumo?

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

"I used to be obsessed with a tv show about people acting like jackasses. I think it was called dumbass" – Earl Hickey

Profile photo of Pons Matal

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of Peter Braat

everywhere you go… there you are

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

lol

Profile photo of Gmork

I saw the DVD’s for sale …my credit card already has groves on it from so much use…looks like I’ll be abusing it again, for Foamy DVD’s *squee*

Re: he says what everyone thinks…the rant about Starbucks coffee hit home.  I totally agree with the purple, angry squirrel on that!!

Profile photo of J.P.

it’s pure quality added to the content of your day.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of Gmork

I lost a solid hour watching Foamy….AWESOME!!

The better half and I laughed our behinds off at every one we watched.

Profile photo of J.P.

Hey, be sure to check out “Tech Support!” You’ll laugh so hard your ass will crack. Gmork, I’m glad to have shared a little “squirrelly wrath” with one of my favorite folks!

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of Gmork

I’ve never seen Foamy before, I FUCKING love him now!!!

If the FDO had a pet (besides his dogs) it should be Foamy!! 

Profile photo of J.P.

that he (or she!) has nothing to be ashamed of. Foamy is the FDS (Future Dark Squirrel).

Profile photo of Wolf

if he had a lot more talent. 

Just Dew it!

While Nathan would work for either Perry or Magnus he would not work so well for Quentin Barnes. The reason being most of the players are quite large in the Rookie. Thus all the cast would have to be fairly large also. Vin would work as he and the rest cast would have to be of similar size.

Where can I, uh I mean, my friend get those?

Nathan Jones, He’s a little old (39) but he’s got the size (6’11) and built like a tank.

Take a look – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/

Profile photo of J.P.

I even have a t-shirt and a 16 ounce coffee mug with Foamy’s likeness on them… I think he could petition the ELoE and get in.

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

Jack Palmes should play Quentin Barnes!!!!  Seth are you out there????

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Tall, Grande or Venti. All misnomers to lull you into thinking your getting more than you are. Tricky Bastards!, Down right Tricky!

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

And me for Tom Perralus….

"Freedom isn’t free." Virak the Mean

North Carolina is where Sigler belongs….

Profile photo of J.P.

Check out Foamy the Squirrel at illwillpress.com. Click on the toons tab and enjoy!

Profile photo of michelle mcmichael

i agree with vin diesel!!!!  he is a hottie and a good actor!

Profile photo of Katie Lampkin

Yes, that big black dude from The Green Mile would definitely have to be in the movie as someone, but I think Vin Diesel would make a kick ass Quentin.  (just one womans opinion)

You’d gots me all turnded around. I was thinken I was some places else.

:) (I still havent figured out that quote yet)

Profile photo of J.P.

a little chaos and unpredictability into the mix… Did it work?

Profile photo of J.P.

Way undersized!

He’s a wimp and a coward and gets eaten by blood bugs. I might be thinking of the pesron who works for Mopook, I’m drawing a blank.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Mumo00 should play mumokillowee. Laughing

Profile photo of josh tyge swambo

loony toons did a cool job on space jam, rookie would be good like that 

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence to a lemming?

they’re only going to walk off a cliff.

dood Is dude and wtf you on about with the j~?> 

Profile photo of Geoffrey Keesee

not gonna lie i was thinking the same thing lol

WOAH!  

Profile photo of Donald Martin

I cant see a Keanu Reeves movie without thinking about Bill and Ted’s excellent adventure LOL

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Profile photo of Geoffrey Keesee

keanu reeves would be a horrible pick

Profile photo of J.P.

I’ll put this right out there for everyone to chew on: Keanu Reeves should not play Barnes. Even though he’s done a football movie before, and Sci Fi, he’s way too dopey to play Barnes.

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

Profile photo of J.P.

Isn’t “dood” actually spelled “dhood?” And yes, the “j” is silent, like in swimming and kangaroo.

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

Profile photo of J.P.

the Kracken’s corrupt first string quarterback that Quentin Barnes fills in for.

Profile photo of Donald Martin

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

only he needs the jackson treatment 1st 

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence?

Profile photo of J.P.

Pretend for a moment the movie version of The Rookie is in the works. If you were casting actors for the parts in the book, who would you want to see on the screen and in which role?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.