This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sadock sadock 7 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Where the Hell is my Dinolition Novel??

• Profile photo of sadock

@ScottSigler wrote:

No, you won’t have it in Jan. ’15. I didn’t see the word “January,” which is weird, since it is almost 10% of the sentence, and the longest word. It should be out in 2015, but not Jan.

That’s okay. As much as we Junkies often think as you as a deity, you are, in fact, merely a human being who is bound to make mistakes.

@ARealGirl clarified:

it’s surely not going to be published in January 2015. But it will be available in Q1 2015.

Thanks for clearing that up, A. These novellas seem to be the books that refuse to be released on time. I looked back through my GFL hardcovers and was quite amused at what I found on the “Also by Scott Sigler” pages:

In THE ALL PRO: [published September 2011]
    Bones Are White [not published until March 27, 2012]

In THE MVP: [published September 2012]
    The Gangster (Coming in 2013) [still not out]
    The Rider (Coming in 2013) [expected in Q1 of 2015]
    Fire is Orange (Coming in 2013) [still not out]

In THE CHAMPION: [published September 2014]
    The Gangster (Coming in 2014) [still not out]
    The Rider (Coming in 2014) [expected in Q1 of 2015]
    The Reef (Coming in 2014) [still not out]
    Fire is Orange (Coming in 2014) [still not out]

So, as you can see, best laid plans and all that. It seems the universe just doesn’t want this series to end. Or maybe it’s trying to test the Krakens resolve or some such. That whole Job concept. I can’t wait to see what kind of Dinolition story Paul & Scott whipped up.

Profile photo of A Kovacs

Well … not exactly.

I expect it to land on my desk sometime in January (which is less than two weeks from now, and over the holidays, remember).

Once it lands on my desk, it needs copyediting, then Sigler needs to review that copyedit. Once that’s sorted, it goes to ebook formatting, which can take up to six weeks. (And yes, pre-emptively, I will say I know I could do it myself, or go with any number of people we know who could format it faster than that. I want it done in every format and guaranteed for life, so I’m going with eBook Architects.)

So, it’s surely not going to be published in January 2015. But it will be available in Q1 2015.

Profile photo of scottsigler

@sadock:

Does that mean we can expect it in January of 2015?

CORRECTION: No, you won’t have it in Jan. ’15. I didn’t see the word “January,” which is weird, since it is almost 10% of the sentence, and the longest word. It should be out in 2015, but not Jan.

We were very close, then a death in the family threw off our schedules by a week (which led into the holidays, which destroys all schedules). Need to finish up a short story that is due very soon, then will be locked onto THE RIDER.

Profile photo of sadock

@ScottSigler rambled:

It’s close! I have about 50 pages to go in the final edit before it goes into production. Cover is almost done. It’s on hold until we finish shipping THE CHAMPION, then, hopefully, I can get at it. But no promises — could be as late as 2015 before you see Pete do his thang.

and then he and @ARealGirl chatted about THE RIDER being close to finished on yesterday’s FridayFix. Y’all said the cover was finished and A was excited that she got to tell Paul E. Cooley it was only pushed back 4 days this time. Does that mean we can expect it in January of 2015?

Profile photo of sadock

@BigJohn espoused:

I think the other is THE REEF with Matt Wallace.

@MattWallace has co-written 3 of the first 5 GFL novellas. That’s impressive. Most impressive.

Profile photo of BigJohn

@scottsigler preached:

Is it INFECTED-intense? No, but it ain’t for the faint of heart.

So far, the only two books that have made me physically nauseated are INFECTED and TITLE FIGHT.

@sadock, @BigJohn Yep, Big John is right about all of that right there. And the novellas willbe YA. @ARealGirl and I have debated that in-house ad nauseam, but finally decided that young readers might knocking out the GFL novels and then naturally move onto the novellas, diving into them no matter how they are labeled. We want them to have a similar experience, and we know that when kids get into the grittier stuff is often a parental decision.

So the language of the GFL Novellas remains YA-safe. The content, however, is a bit more mature. Nothing bad, mind you, but the tone is more serious and the violence is more intense. Is it INFECTED-intense? No, but it ain’t for the faint of heart.

Profile photo of BigJohn

Yes, the Ride is GFL universe. I believe the novellas are also YA. THE RIDER is co-written with Paul E. Cooley. Nathan Lowell is doing THE GANGSTER, and if I’m not mistaken, I think the other is THE REEF with Matt Wallace. Might not be right on that last one, though.

Profile photo of sadock

Is THE RIDER novella 3.5 in the GFL universe? Wouldn’t that make it YA as well? Or are the novellas not YA? I can’t recall if TITLE FIGHT was. It’s been a *long* frakkin’ time since I worked on that one….

Anyways, who cowrote this one (assuming it *is* a GFL novella)? I think there were several author’s names floating around (eg Paul E Cooley, Nathan Lowell, and someone I forgot, I think [Doh!]). Is this someone we’ve heard tell of previously or are you saving that as a surprise?

@Voodoo: It’s close! I have about 50 pages to go in the final edit before it goes into production. Cover is almost done. It’s on hold until we finish shipping THE CHAMPION, then, hopefully, I can get at it. But no promises — could be as late as 2015 before you see Pete do his thang.

Profile photo of Steve Bickel (Voodoo)

So what’s the answer… do we have a timeline on The Rider?

@BukaHobbit” First of all, THE RIDER will melt your face. Second, ALIVE probably will, too. Don’t count it out because it’s “YA.”

Profile photo of Doug Warren

Okay, I don’t mean to diss the YA stuff like Alive. That is what pays the bills. I really am looking forward to the series, but I gotsta have my Dinolition.

Profile photo of Doug Warren

Scott bragged about writing the Driver: Adventures of Poughkeepsie Pete. He yammered about it for months, but where the hell is it? I gotta have my Dinolition novel! Stop that YA (young adult) stuff and finish up my TA (twisted adult) stuff. Pleeeeeeease!?!?!?!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.