This topic contains 37 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Where is the best place to start with the Crypt?!

• Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

It sounds *so* wrong when you say “They are experimenting on me over the next couple of weeks” though…..

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of GJ

and temporary. They are experimenting on my over the next couple of weeks. So far, everythig they have told me to do is turning out just like they predicted.
[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of EDDY JONES

To be fair to you, i was like ok this is book one, where’s book two cos there’s like some other ones that don’t fit in and i was like is this a flowing story but i figured it wasn’t.

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of GJ

According to my physio today – how random!

You might have nerve damage, be inordinately unobservant, etc. I’m not overly concerned with my “image.” At least not in that respect. American males get far too hung up on that IMHO.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

or say that I didn’t notice when you filled them in.. but that wouldn’t be good for your image now would it?

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

I just checked. I never had any to begin with.. (just pre empting your next comment)

You just are silly! That’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Thanks for the lashes and girly punches Wink Do you live in the Castle Perilous?

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

at the point that this was posted over 30 weeks ago! I had found the FDO through podiobooks and had started with infected. I then searched itunes to see if I could get my hands on ANYTHING else as I just had to have my next fix. This post is at the point where I had found the Crypt. It was a good question for the point at which I had reached.

Now that I have whipped you and you’ve filled in the gaps, I look silly. That is a punch to both arms now.

[flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Avinjer

I started with Bent Wrench and picked them up in random order except for the multi part episodes. I’m proud to say they were my intro to the Siglerverse and what got me hooked.
    One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

Profile photo of Jon Marsh

Because even though his stories make you want to puke..you just can’t stop listening. I have pass the sickness on to about 5 people just by recommending his work to co-workers, they come back an tell me, “I want more!”

oops…. I pooped

However, the question is not as odd as it initially appears. There *were* several Crypt-related short stories that weren’t in Book 01. There isn’t a chronology that really matters as of yet. I’d listen to them in the order Scott has them listed under Audiobooks and see if I liked the presentation style. THE CRYPT is a *lot* different than most of Scott’s other writing. He’s kind of telling the story backwards.

Thus far, THE CRYPT has been comprised of stand alone stories even though some of them are split into a several episodes (eg Washington DC, The Tank, etc.) As long as you start with part one of any given story arc, you won’t miss anything continuity wise.

Please note that none of this makes GJ any less of a silly girl Tongue out

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Alex Miller

At the begining of course!!! LAWLZ

I love APC’s, so crunchy!!!

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

Wash your mouths out with soap!

Mr Fast Fingers (title bestowed upon me by guestford_junkie)

Profile photo of Kimberly Poole

Hero was released on escape Pod also I beleive.

Profile photo of Wolf

every book at page 42, then skip every fourteenth page, I do just fine.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

Profile photo of GJ

and I’m hooked.. the paperweight is closing in!!!!

Guestford_junkie

Profile photo of GJ

Innocent

Guestford_junkie

Oh, wait, you probably meant something totally different. My bad. Innocent

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

and loving it! The admiral has to go down by the end – he needs to get whats coming to him!!!

Guestford_junkie

Profile photo of GJ

listening to the lot of them :)

Guestford_junkie

I think you should definitely start at the beginning, although I forgot about Hero!

I listened to Bloodcast II a long time ago – damn, I’ll need to go back and listen to Hero!

Profile photo of BigJohn

It’s kind of a quick story about a War Hero living on assisted living. The war, though I don’t remember which one, is one of the Crypt universe ones.

I keep saying Crypt universe, but really it’s all Siglerverse. Crypt, Hero, Passenger and Rookie are all far-future stories, but in the same universe.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

We don’t want you to miss a single dose of Sigler goodness!!!!

We will ALWAYS need you!!! Kiss

It’s been too long since I’ve heard Hero. I don’t recall the minutiae of that story at all.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

I can’t remember the last time I had to refer someone over to PB.com to get the whole story. You’re always one step ahead of me, even when I catch Junkie questions on the same day.

See, y’all don’t even need me around on the forums anymore Tongue out

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

book one subscribed to so I’ll add this :)

Thanks Belladonna420 :)

Guestford_junkie

Profile photo of GJ

on my 3 hour drive home! loved the nano bugs and the silver dust but got a bit creeped out by the neck ripping flesh eating :) felt the stomach turn a little but I just couldn’t turn it off!!! I seem to be working my way backwards.

Rachel Guestford_junkie

Profile photo of BigJohn

For more background stories, you MUST listen to Passenger and Hero, both from Bloodcast Season II.

Here’s the podiobooks link:

http://www.podiobooks.com/title/bloodcast-2

Passenger is a 3-part story that was recently re-cast in April, I think. It’s a very important piece of Crypt universe history.

Hero is a short story set in the universe that pretty much stands by itself.

(sigh) Crypt goodness…

Profile photo of BigJohn

Luckily, the Washington D.C. kinda sits alongside the other crypt stories. There are three sets of stories in Book One:

The Crew (many individual episodes)

The Tank (relating to the Crypt universe)

The Washington D.C. (relating to the Crypt universe, and the Crypt itself)

But you’ve done no harm by starting with the D.C., other than you may have missed an offhand reference or two. You might want to listen to them all in order, and listen to the D.C. again to make sure you get everything, though.

Profile photo of athanas

but it’ll be worth it.

Start here!

Then go here and continue with THE CRYPT: Shakedown, Part 1.

Profile photo of GJ

so it’s not the done thing to start in the middle then ;)

Rachel Guestford_junkie

Profile photo of GJ

I’ve just out the podcast channel as a fav.. but there are soooo many crypts that I don’t know where to start?! I started with Washington DC.. But should I go back further?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.