This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter Insignificant Blood Splatter 4 years, 9 months ago.

Where is Don Pine from?

• Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter

If I had more confidence in getting the right information I’d help with all the wiki-ing. Good job to those who are, though. ^^

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Profile photo of Jason Williamson
    Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

Electromagnetism is a form of radiation. Light is a form of radiant energy. Factually its a genetic thing I believe. But it could be a favorable adaption over time. Or forced engineering.

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of Eric Parker

Thank you very much for the praise. It means a lot coming from the High priestess of all things wiki. But Pine is relatively easy based on The Rookie as a good deal of his background is given in the book. Now yesterday I started the wiki on John Tweedy who was one of my favorite characters. He is harder as there isn’t much given about him except for his relationship with his Brother Ju. I’m hoping to have more Tweedy details fleshed out in The Starter to make that page better.

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

called Hereditary Methemoglobinemia that makes the skin appear blue. Taught about this in my genetics class. Here is an article http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kyperry3/Blue_Fugates_Troublesome_Creek.html

Profile photo of Gmork

this is awesome work outta you! Very nicely laid out page with well researched information on the character. You rock on with your bad self!

Profile photo of Gmork

I think Jayguana and Kevinesque are going down the right path with the differences being evolutionary based on environmental differences or purposeful genetic altering. There’s a lot of direction about the evolution of the Quyth in The Rookie but some of these other races aren’t as well fleshed out. I think we may have to wait for The Starter for more answers!

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

Tower Republic folks (all lacking pigment), Baker 6 (Blue skin) and some other amphibious human line… sounds like it could have been environmental, but I cant rule out genetics, either through breeding, or genetic altering either. Considering that League of Planets is highly science/tech driven, genetic altering may be the ticket.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Maybe blue skinned humans are descendants of criminals that had their skin color altered as punishment for their crimes, ala Red Man. Maybe the coloring mutated and became part of the genetic makeup of some humans, causing their offspring to also have the skin coloration, then passing it down from generation to generation.

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Profile photo of Jason Williamson

The blue skin could be a evolutionary change due to a different sun with a different spectrum. Or a food source thing, there is a real human that turned himself blue because of his diet. check this out http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/michelle_richard/tdy_snyderman_blue_080107300w.jpg

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Jayguana

What evolutionary advantage would someone have to have blue skin? Could this be a genetic engineering rather than a result of having alien/human hybrid DNA?

Profile photo of Gmork

so chaper 6 (17:34) of the Rookie confirms Pine is a blue skinned human. Guess I made it more complex than it actually was!

It’s still a little roughand I didn’t want to go into TOO much detail but here is the revised version of the Donald Pine Siglerpedia entry:

http://www.scottsigler.com/wiki/index.php/Donald_Pine

Profile photo of Gmork

In epsode 2 (10:57) of The Rookie, there is a reference made by Quentin about the blue sknned women from Baker 6. I don’t remember the reference to Satrli 6, ether but it’s been a whlie…either way, I don’t think that quite answers the question about his race. For instance, Quentin grew up on Micovi VI but he’s consdered a Human from the Purist Nation. It is possible that Pine is some type of derivation of human or another species with his home planet being Baker 6. Interesting…may require some more research or an FDO intervention.

Profile photo of Pons Matal

Dang, I was hoping to draw this out and have a little fun! :p

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Pusher twice over.

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

“… a blue-skinned native of Baker 6…”

Profile photo of Pons Matal

He’s from his Momma, Hahaaa! Sorry just had to add that :p

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Pusher twice over.

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

I’ll have to go back and re-read for the third time THE ROOKIE

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Following in Gmork’s footsteps, I started to do some work in the Sigler wiki; I specifically started to work on the character pages for some of the other Krakens players in “The Rookie.” one such player was the perhaps now infamous Donald Pine. With his Blue skin it is obvious that pine is not a native of the purist nation but with two other major human nations (the Planetary Union and the League of Planets) where do you think Pine originally calls home?Also, in an off-hand reference sigler says that the planet Satirli 6 has “blue skinned women.” Could this be Pine’s home planet?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.