This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Eric Parker Eric Parker 4 years, 5 months ago.

Where do you start in the world of the High One?!

My first sigler book was Contagious which is still one of my favorites. However I just introduced my dad to Siglerism with contagious and he was not a big fan of that book. The Triangles kinda freaked him out a bit. So I immediately told him to stay away from infected, but told him to give The Rookie a try. Hopefully that will be more his speed.

And now that I have the missing first two episodes, I’ll be jumping into in a few days. Definitely have to get it in ASAP…

-Sci-FiGeek Version 2.0 – Bigger, better, stronger… and with improved green goo!

I almost wish there was a “Siglerverse primer” out there, that junkies could pass along to the uninitiated. Recommending any of these works tends to have me expounding on the Purist/League conflict, the Take-Over, and so on. Not that I mind, of course… but it’d make my job as a pusher much easier if I had a smack-sampler!

… so Scott, you haven’t heard Title Fight?! I would think you’d need to before The Starter hits.

-Chris Toohey
    Blogger : Podcaster : Geek
    http://www.twitter.com/ChrisToohey

It really depends on what the person likes from a genre standpoint… you’ll need to recommend based on what they like the best: sci-fi, horror, thriller, military, sports, or the mob.

I know that many may disagree with my generalization, but here’s how I would break them down into the categories:

• Infected (Sci-Fi/Horror) and Contagious (Sci-Fi/Thriller): These can almost stand alone on their own (in order). You really don’t need any knowledge from any of his other books to enjoy them.
    • Rookie/Starter, and the remaining GFL books (Sci-Fi/Sports/mob): Again, these can almost stand alone on their own (in order of course). Having exposure to Infected and Contagious would be nice, but not necessary.
    • Crypt (Sci-Fi/Thriller/Horror/military): Again, these can almost stand alone on their own (any order).
    • Title Fight: I’m sorry to say <GASP> that I haven’t heard this one yet… shame on me. Junkies, please help…
    • The Tank (sc-fi/thriller): Again, these can almost stand alone on their own.

-Sci-FiGeek Version 2.0 – Bigger, better, stronger… and with improved green goo!

I always find myself recommending the Great Works of Pope Siglericus XXX, but will often recommend a particular novel to an individual based on the given topic that lead us to the FDO in the first place.

(For example, if I’m talking to someone about film noir, I recommend Kissyman…)

But where the hell do you start with the world of the Rookie/Crypt/Title Fight/The Tank?! You could even argue that Infected/et al belong in that grouping…

So, here’s my question:

Where do you recommend someone start in the world of the High One?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.