This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of GJ GJ 2 years, 12 months ago.

What's going on with the twittering?

It’s like the site is vacant now. Is twitter the new junkie hangout? Or maybe google+? Come on guys, don’t abandon our most holy alter of Siglerism. Make your pilgrimage and place your offering in the collection plate that is the forums. Although I must admit, I’m kinda liking all the spammer killing I’m getting lately. It’s harder to get the crack when there isn’t much to respond to and I’m a little short on original content. More of a reactionist than a activist. It’s a flaw but I’m working on it. Get off me.

…because it’s so accessible from my phone. I can access ss.com from my phone as well, but it’s a pain to navigate and I don’t much like reading large blocks of text on the tiny screen. I prefer to log in here when I have a big screen and time to sit and read everything.

Still, Twitter isn’t built for proper conversation. I don’t think it will ever replace this site!

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

Websurfing on a phone sucks but twitter was made for phones, hence the 140 character limit which fits most phone screens perfectly.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

but i guess that is just how new media/ social media things are going now i mean look at google plus

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

There is not much going on in the Sigler world to be commented on at the moment. Yes we have The Starter, but that’s been out for a little bit now and it’s still a little while before The All-Pro, so maybe its just a lull in between books.

Personally, I only use twitter to read the feeds of a few authors and shows I like, but prefer sites and forums for more actual conversation.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

very true….could be a lull between books but you have fallen in to the trap that i did with twitter, i originally only did twitter to follow the FDO, Pip and Tee Morris, Mur Lafferty, and the like and now i see so many more podcast i listen to have twitters…..its a slippery slippery slope

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

I’ve actually been doing the work they pay me for. Radical I know but there you have it. Haven’t even had much time for twitter :(
    – Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

This site will always act as a homing beacon for all of us
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.