This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Parker Eric Parker 4 years, 8 months ago.

What other sports are played in the Siglerverse?

• Profile photo of Eric Parker

The Galactic Fighting association and the Intergalactic Fighting Association (the GFA and IFA respectively) which is mentioned in the Scott sigler novella Title-fight. I’m listening this story now and it COULD BE my favorite novella story Scott has done…

Profile photo of Gmork

I bwo to your Rookie prowess!

Profile photo of sadock

Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent Victim of GirlCo [flickr-photo:id=3958341944,size=s]

Profile photo of Gmork

There is also soccer…I believe it was a Quyth dominated sport, however.

Profile photo of Jason Williamson

There has to be Rugby! Its so violent it has to be there somewhere.

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum

Jayguana

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

We know that Baseball is still played (and it’s still boring as hell), as well as MMA-style fighting. There is also a Sklorno sport called “spot racing” that is mentioned.

**All this plan is missing is a giant freaking laser in space.”**

Profile photo of BigJohn

Then I’ve gone pro.

BigJohn: Badass enough to get the drop on Kissyman

Profile photo of critter clark

Is drinking a sport?

Profile photo of Steven Black

We know that the intergalactic races play football and soccer. Both of those are really big main-line sports.

What other sports — particularly less common sports — are played in the Siglerverse?

From what we’ve heard, it appears some of the races would have exceptionally disturbing competitive eating contests. However, does anyone engage in these contests?

Just a thought. I’m not a sports fan in general. This kept me from reading The Rookie until I read everything else… and eventually starting hungering for another fix. When pressed, I claim Competitive Eating as my favorite sport. (I do find myself lingering there if I come across it on the TV.)

Cheers,

The Black Death

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.