This topic contains 45 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Mc B Mc B 1 year, 8 months ago.

What is your favorite microwavable food?

Left over short ribs with egg noodles

left over fried rice

I’m a pretty awesome cook (spent some time working in a kitchen) so the only thing I really use a nuker for is to reheat previously cooked glorious food. Occassionally I’ll use it to defrost something but that’s rare.

Oatmeal with a little bit of water in a microwave safe bowl and nuke for two minutes or so and there you have it.

Cheese. Gotta be cheese.

Of course, the cheese would be on something else, and I’d just use the microwave to melt it.

Doc

Marie Callendar’s has some good stuff….my personal favorite is the tortellini pasta one, very very good.

Though I am also craving my speciality, peanut butter caramel popcorn….oh if only I were at home.

Marie Callender’s steak parmesan pasta

Mmmm… that all sounds delish. Too bad I’ve developed an adult-onset allergy to eggs. :(

I like eggs in a ramekin, those little white dishes. I put a thin wipe of butter in there so it won’t stick, or spray it with Pam, then put in one egg and one egg white. Mix that shit up. Then I put cheese on top, or mix the cheese in. Two minutes in the microwave, instant f-ing soufflĂ©.

Better still if you cut up some spicy sausage and put it in there.

Another version is the “Stanley Cup,” where you line the bottom of the ramekin with a slice of Canadian bacon.

Delhome, delhome, delhome! Or should I say Newtonian88? Hummm I wonder if the Newtonian88 is in reference to a certain QB for the Carolina Panthers. Anyway, seriously, aluminum foil???? You stay away from my microwave. :-)

not actually my favorite but I thought it was so cook when someone told me that yams and sweet potatoes could be cooked in the microwave.

I guess my favorite putting corn chips on a plate and covering with slices or shredded read cheddar or pepper jack cheese and putting in nuckorizor until the cheese is melted

If you want something tasty in a microwave… Wrap a corndog in aluminum foil and nuke it for about 30 seconds… it makes it taste better than frying…. trust me…

Hmmm…..this forum looks promising.

I would have to say Mac & Cheese.

Sklorno steaks……

I usually only use the microwave to “cook” at work and make Ramen. Definitely not gourmet, but it serves its purpose when I don’t have leftovers to reheat.

As much as I love to cook I have been forced to live in the land of the microwave lately, so I have tried just about everything. The burritos seem to turn out better in the microwave than they ever do in the oven. But, there are these new things from Green Giant that have rice, cheese, and broccoli and you steam it in the microwave, those are amazing so I am picking those as my favorite.

im kind of with you on this on… i use the microwave to re-heat food that ive cooked.

frozen food has always left me disappointed, the picture always looks better than the food will ever taste =(

To be honest – none. Cooking is one of my passions and I don’t consider the microwave an essential kitchen appliance. About the only thing I use mine for is melting butter and then only if all the stove burners are full.

spicy cheese dip= 1 can of Ro*Tel and Velveeta cheese melted into gooey deliciousness with tortilla chips for dipping….
    I just sold myself on these but don’t have the ingredients:(

Burritos! I add a shredded Mexican cheese blend about 1/2 way thru cooking so it gets good and melty, then top with sour cream & salsa! YUM!

Peanutbutter, add milk & red peppers , nuke this than stirr!! thats the best saus to go with grilled-cheese-sandwich!!

Avatar of Sgtjusticeofthe52ndsuckitdivision

Hand grenades. I like to microwave hand grenades. They taste like victory. It takes a real badass to taste the pure awesomeness of a microwaved hand grenade.

POPCORN … sprinkled with Parmesan!! Sorry … Page 10 of the General forum … Looking for the book thread ….

They make a great late-night snack.

**All this plan is missing is a giant freaking laser in space.”**

The Kraft Jet puff type, not the one of the furry persuasion! Have you ever put one in the microwave to make smores? The thing just swells up.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Pusher twice over.

Sorry guys have to go with the toaster oven. Almost ANYTHING you can cook in a microwave tastes 100 times better when cooked in a toaster oven even most frozen dinners.

who thinks torturing innocent little Marshmallows in the microwave is sick, twisted and depraved. And not in that good way, either.

o

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

We’ll get all the names of the contestants listed on a big ass white dry erase board and fill it all out in sloppy hand writing with a black sharpie! it’ll look just like an underground Chinese fighting circuit!

…..or so I’m told.

But I’m in!!!!!!!!!!

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

we’re SO doing a round-robin tourney with a $5 buy-in of this.

Even more fun is sometimes the hubbie and I stick toothpicks in the peeps like swords, face them toward each other in the microwave, then turn it on and cheer on our respective marshmallowy contestant. Whichever peep’s tootpick touches the other first (as the expand horrificly) wins!

LOL!!!

They’d probably be really good with chocolate marshmallow eggs! Even more chocolately goodness!! Tongue out

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

And this time of year, I make them with peeps. It’s even funnier to watch those distend.

(outside of eating them, obviously) is watching the marshellow mutate and grow.

with the kittens?

Microwaved smores are AMAZING! In my house, they are refered to as “ghetto smores”…you know, cause we’re too ghetto to actually make a fire and roast the marshmallows. But really … they are amazing!

Hot, sticky fudge!

Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

Little, cute, soft, fluffy kittens. (with Mac & cheese)

Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

eggs

Molly McButters is my Homeboy!

Popcorn is good (but gives you cancer, they say)… Microwaved s’mores rock pretty hard if you don’t have a campfire nearby.

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

and that’s only if it’s 3:00 in the morning and I’m lit off my ass.

be microwaved! I’m lazy like that.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

After a night at the bars it has to be a cheese and meatball hotpocket.

not a huge microwaver, so i’d have to go with regular old popcorn.

There are many choices…Choose wisely…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.