This topic contains 704 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Stefani Robinson Stefani Robinson 3 years ago.

What is your day job?

I mean, really what don’t I do at my office lol. Technically I work in fraud investigations for a bank. But I also am solely responsible or all procedure testing, program testing, and training for my whole team. Plus I am kind of the go to person for questions for the whole team. And then I come home to my second job as a freelance writer.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

Well, I’m apprenticing to be a violin maker. I have been doing orchestral string repairs for almost a decade now and I am apprenticing with a master violin maker.

If someone tries to kill you, you kill ‘em right back – Malcolm Reynolds

What style of Graphic design are you into?

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

…for a small business in Michigan. I love my job. I’m kinda a workaholic though :-/

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

Heinlein is one of my favorite authors

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

Computer oriented…. not really much else to say… pretty lame but it puts dog food in Dali’s bowl

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

Im a Quality Assurance Engineer Contractor. Im working with Standardized testing

Seems like an opportune time to work on building up your music career, right? Give you something to fall back on.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

hope you’re one of the 23 choosen best of luck……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

Cool

Good luck to you. I hope everything works out alright.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Besides, I have to maintain my girlish figure (and ability to delight the natives wherever I may roam)! Wink

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

….this is GJ’s job. You may have to go all out and cross your ankles behind your head again Tongue out

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

that does suck! Where’s the dislike button when you need one!! Hope it all goes well for you GJ

those planes that turned Detroit into a verb… I got my name on the side. first F-16 now F-15E.

Molly McButters is my Homeboy!

IT going down from 62 to 23 by the 12th September (MY FRICKIN BIRTHDAY) and I don’t know if I’m in or out.

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I work midnights at a supermarket in my area and that supermarket is called (Undisclosed Location)™. Its not that bad and im considered a part time stock clerk but I receive 40 hours a week……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

You’ll be able to interface with the plaid Bolos?

Doc

Pro Geek is the only way I can describe what I do. I work in database tech, so I’ve had to sacrifice portions of my humanity to learn to speak to machines. It’ll be useful when it comes to building Sigler-bots.

V

Life long employer is exiting the business and I am out of a job in YIKES mere months. Can’t lie, it was a bit of a shock and scary at first BUT I enjoy a good scare. I will reallly miss working from home if I can’t find a comparable replacement. I LOVE a good challenge so shake it up … I’ll land on my feet! BRING IT ON LIFE! :o)

Once every couple of months the Station commander will pick out two guys who have been busting their asses and we go on a McDonalds run in one of the HUMMWV’s in full ACU’s… It made me laugh so hard when I heard about this and instantly thought of Contagious. God bless You Sigler.

I should know more at the end of this month

some have it much harder xx

Life is what you make of it right?! I’ll be fine whatever happends. I’ll just have to make new plans :)

A Lagger

I can’t become an International Man of Mystery until I get a passport.

Soon to be starring in NOCTURNAL by Scott Sigler. The autograph line starts to the right.

Good luck! x

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

I recently started work (in my office at home) designing a diploma qualification and training package for outreach workers. This is quite a change from my last job, which included standing knee-deep in sheep shit and chemicals. Much better money, too.

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

Ohio National Guard, processing almost complete. General Siglarisimo, you have inside contacts when the day of takeover is at hand haha

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

Might be worth it just to see them attempt to do live action Sklorno…

Doc

That actually would be pretty neat. Plus, Disney has a lot of racist stuff to make up for (i.e The crows in Dumbo, the Indians in Peter Pan, Uncle Remus, and of course Flower the Centaur).

Perhaps a movie about a racist who redeems himself would do them a bit of good. Though they’d probably just make it live action and cast The Rock….. nevermind.

real soon! It seems to have been extremely shitty lately.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan, Friend of Junkies everywhere

… The Rookie? Can’t you just see cute & cuddly version of Sklorno, Quyth, and Ki?

And it is a YA story…

Doc

so that you may keep your job. it’s hard out here

HM-THE ROOKIE

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m] Undead WARLORD

“SHIT adds up at the bottom!” ~ JMK

I’d love to see a Disney animated feature of something like Nocturnal. Or Perry Dawsey’s rosey cheeks as he brandishes his chicken scissors. Any 5 year olds that saw that would go home men. Emotinally scarred, crying men.

… or it gets the hose again.

not that the work sounds too bad, but I don’t think I could deal with being around that many animals that I couldn’t take home with me. ;-)

I was out of work for about 2 months when the last company I worked for had to close up shop. Add in the fact that unemployment dicked me around and didn’t pay me a dime the entire time I didn’t have a job and the frustration factor of realizing my savings were about a month away from being totally drained, the incompetence of the people doing my background check for a job I knew I already had had me ready go Captain Caveman on someone.

Doc

i’m just read to get to work. it’s just frustrating b/c i know i’ve got the job i just have to sit and wait.

HM-THE ROOKIE

And don’t sweat the background check; there are numerous things that can hold it up.
    When I got my present gig I was on the fast track and it still took them a week (but that was due more to incompetence of the people relaying my information than the search itself, but just shows stuff can get hung up).

They’re probably just checking your security clearance. You don’t have any … problems… in your background, do you?

Doc

i wish she’d hurry up and call me.

HM-THE ROOKIE

There was so much security just to work in a hardware store.

Doc

now that’s classic

HM-THE ROOKIE

I work for a sewer department as an office clerk. The unoffical motto of our office is “You shit it we get it!”

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

I work on the Disney Junior tv series Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

I listen to Scott’s twisted books while working on a tv series intended for three year-olds. If they only knew….

now just waiting for the background to clear, then drug test and finally a paycheck

HM-THE ROOKIE

• I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

The Irishman from Ohio

I dislike you with great intensity.

well exactly what i do is a secret but i can say that I work at night in an office leading my own flock of people.

It has to do with financial things.

…at the moment, I’m working with the accounts department of a city council on stuff relating to the January floods we had over here in Oz.

I handle audits, research delinquent tax payers, send Notice of Deficiency letters, file liens on property, and for some reason I get hate mail. But seriously it’s a good job it’s not what people want to hear but everyone pays taxes and if we don’t work together it just slows down the progress of the state.

Time is not a variable, if you have a timemachine.

My wife has been looking for work for over 2 years.

Doc

looking for a job. yeah that’s right.

HM-THE ROOKIE

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

While I get my own book/game publishing company off the ground I’m involved in ‘external marketing’ for a chain of Automotive maintenence locations (translation: I stand outside a car wash holding a sign all day)

“If you expect to gain wisdom only from holy men at the tops of mountains, that is indeed the only place you’ll gain it”

Well done you!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

Yup, I comfort dogs and clean up poop in the shelter.

Job duties include everything IT related, from rewriting broken code to changing toner cartridges. Luckily I work with a great bunch of people.
One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

I still work in GIS but now I’m doing actual real GIS stuff. Never had to do anything this complicated since I left university. Currently trying to figure out why the python code I’m staring at won’t release the attribute table. Wouldn’t be too big of a problem but it’s getting used in a computer model as a small part of the system. Until I work this one out the whole thing is FUBAR.

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

and talk sap

and play with sap

and break sap

sap sap sap sap sap

Hahaha, and under contract for Microsoft too. Oh, and anybody who remembers/knows Fluffy T Hatchling? She works with me too. Actually, she’s the one that got me hooked on the podcasts. =P

Don;t ask I don’t tell, ask and I hope you like being board

current gig runs out next Friday when the company folds. Then I get to worry about finishing a move two weeks later, THEN I’ll worry about finding another job.

I work for the major discount retailer that sponsors Juan Montoya’s #42 car. I’m the one that moves stuff around the store so you can’t find it on a daily basis.

Mary

What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

Now my work is neverending, 24/7. Glass half full/glass half empty…think of work & refill the glass.

It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. ~Mark Twain

Kindle and ePub. We work with big publishers and independent authors. Lots of fun!.

I do a six day week as a car cleaner/driver at a car sales over here in sunny old England. Its a really boring dull and repeatative job, when we’re quiet. Most of the time we’re busy and it is pure slightly controlled chaos. One day i may have to wash fifty seven cars, the next i’ll be driving a couple hundred miles to pick up a car. On the plus side i get to drive Range Rovers, Bently’s, Massarati’s once in a while.

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

I do agree impossivel … AutoCAD / Engineering / Electronics / Robotics / Hmmmmmm. Code Slinging -

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

the suits?! Tongue out

Doc

How about you get a couple of those suits and those pools and Ill get the Jello and booze?

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

im a undergraduate working in molecular ecology in a university research facility. i only started working there this summer so im really green but its way interesting. there’s a lot of pcr, sequencing and genotyping involved.

I build fiber optic transmitters and recievers under a microscope. Among other things, I weld metal parts with lasers and have been doing so for nearly 20 years. I’m in a clean room environment, like the margo-mobile, so if we fuk up, every body else wont dieWink

I always laugh when they run these drills at work.

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

I fondle rotten fruits and veggies in an hourly waiged death camp that shall not be named…..Sealed

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Graphic design mostly. Do a fair amount of freelance illustration and web design in the evenings.

HAZMAT spaceman suits don’t hurt either!!! Tongue out

If you can’t have fun at work, it then becomes a Job.

Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

I work for an Environmental Health and Safety firm. We offer all types of training pertaining to the field. Here is a picture from the HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations) training we are having today. The students are put into a simulated emergency situation. It’s always fun to watch them panic when their respirators start to run out of oxygen before they complete the sim!!!

*evil grin*

HAZWOPER training is always SO amusing! on Twitpic

Aren’t your duties to read Sigler books? So the robots read the books for you.

Doc

Avatar of Allen, prefer Al, better known as Albuu lake

work as a press and overhead crane operator at the worlds leading producer of lazer welded blanks.

ipod full o’ sig, gets me though the day =D

http://backmybook.com/users/poop–2/recommends/ancestor–2

Avatar of Allen, prefer Al, better known as Albuu lake

thats way better than ” will work for food” hahahhaha

http://backmybook.com/users/poop–2/recommends/ancestor–2

Hooter’s wings!! Laughing

I work part time at Home Depot (millwork), set tile the rest of the time.

Thats alright… I still have my guitar.

I make robots perform all my duties while i listen to sigler books-

I Cook For Hooters

One for casual and one for best! :D

Doc

of corpses. With two morgues, you double your pleasure double your fun as they say.

Wink

*** Nekkid pictures of our FDO! http://is.gd/dwWWa ***

one is for the hospital and the other is for the county.

That’s fascinating to me. Is one full, the other for overflow?

Being creme filled?

Doc

I definatly have stories. Like the time the morge attendant left the corpse in the hall while he used the tolet. I simply moved the stretcher with body bag on the elevator and let it go for a ride. Ya know, no one will get on an elevator a corpse is riding?

You don’t like people who don’t like going down? Or there have been people who would rather visit occasionally, as opposed to always going down, and that makes you sad?

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Can I be the fruit inside??? Tongue out

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

We’d be happy to have you. Or you can continue visiting. Not everyone likes residing down here Frown

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

Doc

Doc

I would say that there is plenty of material there for a juicy story or two…

Did I ever tell you about the disappeared from the morgue? Well, he’d been placed there overnight and when the orderlies came to pick him up, they found the drawer empty.

The place was searched but they found no trace of the dead crazie… Rumor has it that he lurks in the dark passages and service tunnels… so you better watch out!

And you can read the story when I’ve finished it… it’s half done and will be posted to my site when completed.

Mr Fast Fingers (title bestowed upon me by guestford_junkie)

I work the graveyard shift at a level one trama center. I take care of the medical records from the emergency room. Crazies, homeless, trama, they all come here. Not to mention the 2 morges in the basement taht my office is inbetween. fun.

is looking for a day job i need work

~~There are many types of heros, I am one who just happens to eat brains~~

[flickr-photo:id=3725861718,size=m]

Jell-o, then?

Friend of MuchAdo

Of course, Tapioca in or out of a bed would make me sick!

try filling it with Tapioca.

Friend of MuchAdo

I work in medical coding. I have to try and read what the doc wrote and tanslate it in to a number system so that it can be billed.

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

But I have heard mixed reviews.

Doc

So you’re in water beds? ;D

Doc

as it caused a bit of a ripple effect!!

you don’t get sucked into the politics :)

Doc

Working temp right now. Better than not working at all! :-)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

Say no more…

[flickr-photo:id=4730644738,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

Not much these days. I sit around the house in my underwear watching the Mommy Bag tube, sleeping, playing on the puter, sleeping, listening to Sigler podcasts, sleeping, etc…..

All under the influance of (legally prescribed) killer meds.

Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

Friend of MuchAdo

So what did you say that your did?

Doc

:)

I’m actually taking a couple years off!!

I work at maccas for a day job but a t night I wear a guy fawks mask and killl people with knoves

Come and have a go if you think your hard enough.

spill!

It’s not like it is coming to get you.

That doesn’t happen until the next book.

What do you expect on the forums of a horror writer?

Doc

Guestford_junkie

No I do not know everything, but I pretend that I do and I nod in all the right places

Guestford_junkie

No I do not know everything, but I pretend that I do and I nod in all the right places

After months of dealing with our SAP conversion, I am now seeing in my favorite forums…NOOOOOOO!!!! This must be what going mad feels like…

I put it poorly. We had the HR modules as part of the package, but the data was only minimally populated. Our HR department wouldn’t use SAP, despite the fact the company had already bought the modules and all the tools were there. They went with something else.

Stupid.

Doc

I think I’d rather be in the gutter with all the ladies of the night!

———————————————————————————————–

Mr Fast Fingers

I lost the threadline!

———————————————————————————————–

Mr Fast Fingers

So, we only have four ladies of the night, entertaining us with their wares, making us take the crack…?

Oh, I really should get out of the gutter!

but ERP is sooooo spensive

Guestford_junkie

I’m just a web engineer. Doing my best to keep the company’s sites up and running.

With the dregs they give me.

Doc

The original is in German. Fortunately, both the English and the German condense down to the same abbreviation.

It is a scary day when you realize you’ve gotten used to talking in abbreviated German.

Doc

I used to write custom reports in ABAP back when we were using SAP for our Production Management process. The model was a bad fit for our processes so it was eventually abandoned. The really ridiculous thing is that we never implemented the HR modules. Those are the areas where SAP really rocks and rolls and would have been a perfect fit for our HR processes. Someone didn’t want all the eggs in one basket, or something.

Doc

Innocent

Guestford_junkie

———————————————————-

But your night is my day…and my night is the night AFTER your day…and…oh, forget it. I’m from The Future. :)

__________________________________ ~Book nerd, boozehound, gamer, slapper, sandgroper, accident waiting to happen~ [flickr-photo:id=4720437674,size=m]

is currently making the transition from print to online format, so I’m not technically writing for that at the moment (I was going to give you the link, but it looks like it’s been pinched by someone else!) It is/was called Black Magazine http://brimstonepress.com.au/ The review site is also published by Brimstone Press http://www.horrorscope.com.au/

In any other industry, the Govt falls over itself to improve workplace safety for employees. But in the case of the sex industry, the violence is viewed as some sort of punishment for having ‘loose morals’. We blame the victims and create criminal legislation to punish them for choosing a dangerous workplace, rather than making the workplace safer. Makes my blood boil.

I’m a firm believer that consensual sexual activity is nobody’s business but the two (or more!) people involved. Ok, so some people don’t like the idea of prostitution. But there are people out there who don’t like the idea of masturbation, either. Should we criminalise that, as well? *sigh*

Smahts and nintendos and make out sessions (I heard something similar to that in a movie or somewhere – I can’t figure itour though)

Take no prisoners. Take no ….brain farts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcK7W-xZu_s [flickr-photo:id=4723141230,size=m]

Take no prisoners. Take no ….! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcK7W-xZu_s [flickr-photo:id=4723141230,size=m]

That sound like it can be a lot to handle. What website and mags?

Take no prisoners. Take no ….! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcK7W-xZu_s [flickr-photo:id=4723141230,size=m]

Take no prisoners. Take no ….identity crisis! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcK7W-xZu_s [flickr-photo:id=4723141230,size=m]

I work for a before / afterschool program for kids, I do moslty tech lessons and video production.

Need more Magnus in your Diet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ8Vnuxj7XM

Kiss (What – I just love that game Operation!)

“But I’m always dreaming. Even when I’m awake.”

Kiss

The fact that they entertain us for Crack Hits is not relevant at all. Innocent

———————————————————-

So you ARE a lady of the evening!

And I guess, exotiKali is a lady of the late night…

And del_detriment is a lady of the far future morning!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

PEPSICO!!!!

Richno3…….out

I have an office job supervising a data entry department. Not very interesting stuff there. I also have second job getting busy at night! Okay, that one is not really that exciting either, it’s just typing – but it sounds so much better the other way! Tongue out

“But I’m always dreaming. Even when I’m awake.”

And for the record, it’s just g_j’s techspeak…

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

and most of it is true… withut good mobile devices.. saportal and a fully intergated interface suite it can be painful for those on the sharp end… the confrimation bits can be the pits if you have to do it at operation level. It gives the dudes in finace all sorts of analysis (productivity, actual vs estimated etc).. but I sometimes think the companies get a bit carried away with all that and forget the basic cost vs benefit of collecting data at that level. – at the end of the day they want us to do the best quality job for the best price and forget that data collection ramps up the cost and stops the WORK from getting done (but the reports look good Tongue out ).

Thats why I do the job that I do – I try and pu some reality back in there so we don’t go too far down that road.

Guestford_junkie

you need PM, PS, MM & FICO to make that work… but I hear ya..

Guestford_junkie

we opted for an in house app instead because of the bad reviews… I’m glad we did now! Allthough SAP would like us to buy it and keep pushing.. See I don’t work for SAP… I work for the Electricity rec trying to make SAP fit the business because when we tried it the right way round (SAP and make the business fit) It didn’t go down to well with the field guys.. they hated it and said it stopped them from doing thier job properly.. we are now spending sqillions to try again Foot in mouth

Guestford_junkie

Our company rolled it out and we techs out in the field have to use it for everything – timesheets, work orders, ordering parts, service orders etc.

Its far too heavy – ok if you’re in the office.

But I hear that the electrical utility add-on for SAP is woefully lacking. When you have guys paid by the hour saying that the system is preventing them from getting work done, that can’t be good. Just sayin’. I have no personal experience with it myself :-)

As far as I know the only place in the US where it’s legal is Nevada (except Clark County, where Las Vegas is). If two people want to make a business arrangement out of sex, that seems perfectly okay to me.

It’s the violence and drugs that often are associated with the profession that can be a problem. So you give the government one more thing to regulate and make it safer for everyone involved!

———————————————————-

Yes, really! For the past 11 years, I’ve worked in sexual health and HIV prevention. I used to be an outreach worker, providing one-on-one health education, support, advocacy, etc direct to brothel workers (sex work/prostitution is lawful in Australia). These days I work in State and Federal sexual health/rights policy, research and legislative analysis.

I’m also a columnist for a local horror magazine and a book/movie reviewer for a horror website.

~Writer, activist, book nerd, boozehound, gamer, slapper, sandgroper, accident waiting to happen~

All we technicians do is complain that Sap relies heavily on a broadband connection, and when you’re in the field, that’s not always possible!

I’m sure it’s fine but we think it sucks!

but SAP can rock if you implement it right :)

Guestford_junkie

Ooh, SAP – a bone of contention in my day job!

I develop traditional classroom and online training for Ion Implanters at a prominent semiconductor company here in New England. In a nutshell, Implanters are mini-charged particle accelerators used in manufacturing semiconductor devices, such as computer chips and solar cells. For more info, see this Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_implanter

Before that, I was in the US Navy as an electronics technician and nuclear reactor operator (USS Carl Vinson)… and a technical instructor in both fields. For more info, see this wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Naval_reactor

On the side, I do graphic design and anything requiring artistic creativity: sketching and drawing, product design, corporate branding, graphic design, desktop publishing, etc., etc., etc. You can see some of my examples of this here and here.

I’m currently going to school here at Southern New Hampshire University for a dual Bachelors degree in Communications and Graphic/Multimedia Design… should be done in another 2 years.

Oh, and I love long walks in the park, holding hands, and of course reading, reading, reading… you should see my library… Smile

Road Captain for the Chang Bangers Bike Club • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

[flickr-photo:id=4715196396,size=m]

———————————————————-

Told you I’m a geek..

Rachel Guestford_junkie

The site never actually says. At least not that I could find.

———————————————————-

for an Electricity distrbution rec.. Kinda geeky but kinda cool

What the hell is sap? Here if you really are bored but it might just send you to sleep

Guestford_junkie

sometimes

I was a dog musher guiding wilderness trips but am taking a break to run canopy tours this summer. I thought about being some office spank in a cubical but I am just not that tough.

Mother in law costs a bit more.

I usted to do the knuckle breaking also but got carple tunnel from the pliers.

sadly they don’t let you do that without some wings and a degree

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Studying to become an economic geologist. Blah.

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

nicely done, bella!

Lately, that is your day job!!!

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Hay-O!

BigJohn

I’m a licensed technician although I was never in the military. I have worked on plenty of cool aircraft. I don’t work as a mechanic now. I would love to have worked on fighters. I love when Scott mentions aircraft of any kind in the stories.

Indeed, the class struggles and imperialist wars of the Age of Conflict will probably serve to increase the speed of the civilization’s decline because they dissipate capital and divert wealth and energies from productive to nonproductive activities.-Carroll Quigley (Tragedy and Hope)

Ive been a Criew Chief myself stationed in Spandahlem Airbase Germany. Worked on F-16s. Finest fighting force ever essembled.

Ever get to take one up?

I fix fighter aircraft in the airforce. 2 years on the F-16 and 2 on the F-15.

I am now taking my catering company into “Competition BBQ”

Computer Programmer by day. Junior College teacher of computer programming by night.

Which is corporate-speak for “Unemployed.”

This recession sucks.

**All this plan is missing is a giant freaking laser in space.”**

i just got a MacBook Pro with a 2.8 core duo. Keep the faith.

to host a starter tailgate…provided you could swing a couple cases for your junkie friends!

nice. would make a good addition to the online humor thread ;-)

Miller Mag Cans baby!

KILL ME SIGLER!!!

But now instead of paper manuals its a Knowledgebase (oooohhhh)

I feel your pain.

I design turbine components for the latest generation civil jet engines. So Someday you’re gonna be flying in something which stays aloft due to my ingenious design and hard work. So! FDO I’d like to take this moment to offer my services to the plaid army: Because why stop at Plaid tanks when you can have plaid Jets…

I know that is a stretch, but hey they started it.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

If so, you have my sympathy.

I would have difficulty keeping a straight face any time I had to say “iPad” to a prospective customer. It’s just as bad as the Zune’s “squirting.” Don’t these guys do market research?

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

A life vacant of laughter is not worth exerting the effort it takes to live it.

it can only help you.

where would we be without those years…. firmly set behind us… no looking back…

at a small little company called Tugboat, we do embroidery and silk screen. I run the warehouse and do the shipping and receiving. all in all I like my job, not too much of being watched over. And in these days it is great to have a steady job.

Everyone have a good evening

Great slogan you have there–“peace and hair grease!”

and the totally worthwhile dream.. i whole heartedly concur

I flex muscle…boss people around…act cool…rock my oakley baldes…dish out pain…stuff like that.

Ah, yes. Those were some of the best years of my life.

Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

Glad to have you!!

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

I work for an independent Mac specilaist here in the UK.

It’s OK, sucks sometimes, doesn’t suck sometimes.

Just hoping I win the Lotto so I can retire and spend all my time snowboarding and listening to Sigler.

Peace and hair grease!

K x

Oh and this is my first post. Woot!!!

I sell hapiness in the form of peoples own concieved dilusions right back to them. For any price I care to name. Im not greedy though unlike the bosses you work for.

Eyes? I wont need eyes for what im about to do. But you, they’re gonna have to glue you back together in hell!!.

Get to listen to your own tunes, opportunity to make good tips, and drive your own ride.

Anyone who tips less than $5 per delivery must be made to watch the movie Waiting.

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Daytime M-F 8:30-5:30 Office Coordinator – I um, you know, coordinate….things.
    if you really want to know you can go to: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tobiasqueen

Night Time Wed-Sun 6:00pm-1:00am and All Day/Night Sunday – Pizza Delivery Guy – I Deliver Cold, Poorly Made Pizza to people willing to pay too much to get too little, and then I get upset when they tip 34 cents….hmmmm?

Working 2 jobs Full Time. Woo Hoo!…. *Thump* as I fall down from exhaustion.

(Did I mentioned that I’m married with 2 kids and the only one working???)

I listen to Scott’s stuff while delivering said cold pizza to the unsuspecting and/or numb masses of stoners and lazy parents who don’t feel like making dinner.

- Tobias

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

– Terry Prachet

nah, afraid not. That was my uncle Reg Laughing

You are the unholy-scribe, after all Cool

Although I don’t recall too many electrical devices in that tome…….

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

locksmith, safe engineer and access control installer

these ‘manuals’ i speak of are ancient and escoteric tomes to instruct the faithfull in such arts as the usuage of electrical devices and software.

They are writen in such archaic and stilted language that only the initiated ever dare to read them.

LOL! Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

OK!

We’re definitely B5 fans. And my use of “shiny” was a tip of the hat to Firefly. The name appeared there, only once, I think.

There are manuals?

I found Bester to be one of the most memorable characters on the show. Especially since he’s only in 12 episodes. Walter Koening did a fantastic job making a strong impression.

The only actor/actress I can think of who may have done better is Marjorie Monaghan as Number One. She only had 7 episodes to make an impression yet I remember her vividly. Then again, she does have the sexiness/Mommy Bag factor going in her favor Tongue out

I could have sworn ShadyGirl and you were both avid B5 fans. Perhaps I was mistaken Undecided

I write the manuals that no-one ever reads

for a good cause too. Rock on brother!

hhhmmm… SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #4 in crack hits (Special? Ain’t I just) Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient! Double Dipper and Triple Threat! All-around uberjunkie!

And that sure ain’t your final stop. Keep on truckin Jon…

hhhmmm… SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #4 in crack hits (Special? Ain’t I just) Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient! Double Dipper and Triple Threat! All-around uberjunkie!

That’s exactly what I do!

I must go looking! Sounds shiny…

right now i am a call centre agent (draw gun and point toward head) but i have schooled for accounting and hope

to get an accounting job shortly.

If the initialism itself was important, I don’t recall it from The Prisoner.

Captcha was: hookups The

srsly.

BCNU

That was sooo good that the O’Brein sank at the end of Nocturnal. My Dad loved it as he was on that ship. LOL

You are a respectable man.

MC; CA; UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

Job – Proof reeder for techikal transation buks?

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Assistant manager of a bookshop all the profits from which go to the above charity rather than some corporate fat-cat

everybody understands delivery is extra

Or maybe he has something in his contract with Subway about not associating with subversive elements of society.

Hope to see many more posts from you!

no comment on that…but i bet jared would bring us all some subs! good thing you showed up…hungry I AM

No offense, but your photo makes you look a lot like Jared. But it’s probably just the lighting.

You are correct, The job does not make the man but the man can make the job! glad to have ya onboard. 

Transfered Michigander

Only the real Jared would try so hard to convince everyone he wasnt the real Jared! ;p

[flickr-photo:id=3722083270,size=m]

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

Except I’m faaar more handsome.  Don’t I have the prettiest eyes?  Yeah, of course I do 

of a Junkie. Too bad you missed the OJ tag!

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Hey all, first post here.

Job: Assistant Director of a financial aid office at an ivy league college.

…and lots and lots of violence!

Jared from the subway commercials?  Deffinitely not!  I have been insulted and demand satisfaction!  I shall see you on the dueling field at dawn…well, dawn is a bit early…maybe like noon?  Hmmm, how about we just have a drinking contest around happy hour.  We shall duel with either Jameson or Black Bush Whiskey:  Choose your weapon good Sir!

I’m more of a firehouse subs kinda guy…mebbe quizno’s…

Well I did have one English teacher that was nice looking. You’ll never believe me when I tell you her name..it was Mrs. Strahans. When pronounced it sounded like Stray hands! Needless to say she didn’t care to much for us Juniors by semesters end. ;)

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

I was simply being friendly and welcoming, as all Junkies should be.

But now that you mention it, Kimberly is smokin’ hot Wink

I had a few teachers growing up that were fantasy worthy. You didn’t? I thought every young boy did. 

Did you know you look like Jared from the Subway commercials….you’re not Jared are you?

there FNB. Dang, I never had any teachers that looked like Kimberly. :)

CHOCCIE GANACHE for the win!

Got a lot of respect for any kinda charity volunteers ‘specially animal ones

Gov Contractor Billing Specialist…though that’s been off set by listening to our Generalissimo’s awesomecasts as of late…

We’re still working on getting up to 7000, so every Junkie counts! 

Glad to meet you, Kimberly. I’m Arioch.

I teach 8th grade Social Studies (American History 1607 – 1877)

~ Kimberly ~

blueeyedtexanne@gmail.com

Fan since the start….I remember cussing out iTunes – wanting the Earthcrack fix

seemed like the files never got loaded as quickly as I wanted them!!  :)

I’m an Honors Student (Freshman :D) trying to get into Full Sail University to work at Valve to buy the license (at a decreased Junkie price) to any of your books to spread Siglerism as far as the all-seeing eye of Sigler can see, and even farther than that! (which is technically impossible, as Sigler can see all through several dimensions faster than you can say bu-! *gasps for air, then dies*)

I have been in the kitchen(restaurant) since I was nine. Both father and step father were both chefs. I swore I would never, but alas I did. I love cooking, I make good money at it. I will retire from construction management in seven years at age 56. Then I will have nothing but cooking and fun things to do.

I also ride the Harley when ever I can. 

Transfered Michigander

The FDO’s ascension party!

Sounds like you have less time than I do!

Transfered Michigander

1.  I do various and sundry podcast related stuff. The majority of this is audio production and its correlary aspects for Scooter
    2. I sell collectible items on eBay
    3. I volunteer for a couple local animal related charities.
    4. I’m considering driving pizza for some extra cash once the Winter ends. Icy roads are no fun.

To me, happiness is much more important than wealth, so I try to balance my time accordingly.

Most folks chill out and do lesiure activities on the weekends and in the evenings. But hey, we all pursue happiness in our own way. That’s what free will is all about.

Please be careful not to burn yourself out, though.The FDO will need all of his beloved Junkies when he makes his move for world domination.

……or because of her hotness?

Construction management for the Aerospace field is what I do during normal hours. I Own a catering company because I have nothing to do in the evenings and on weekends. 

Transfered Michigander

I used to be beer truck driver, now I sell the stuff (You know, the stuff Quentin Barnes loves best!)  Now, Sigler, quit drinking that overpriced/overhyped shit and drink some better, overpriced liquid goodness!

-Eric138

when I actually remember to bring my darn camera to work!

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess

spreading those evil pictures of the delectable creations that we all drool over? I haven’t had to use my plastic keyboard cover in a while. :)

Thank God I have a job now, I got layed off in Aug and finally started a new job on Dec 1st.

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

alot around here when I show off my pictures! LOL Tongue out And then I laugh maniacally to myself every time I read one!

My dad was happy to be my guinea pig when I brought stuff home from school! The pastries never lasted more than three days at home! Eclairs lasted even less time! He also likes it when I sometimes bring stuff home from the shop too!

as an interpreter, Deaf folks have taken the courses to become chefs and such at the local culinary schools.

since we are in the classrooms everyday, we tend to be the guinea pigs for all such goodness that comes out of the oven.

therefore I gained some lovely chocolate love handles during that quarter, then the previous quarter was dough other unsundried goods. and they ended up somewhere around my heart, giving it a nice bed to rest on… you get the picture. NOW, I am back to the gym.  

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but the job market really sucks right now, especially for IT work. 

**UNdead / GirlCo: All we wanna do is eat your brains. We’re not unreasonable, I mean, no one’s going to eat your eyes.**

Tiramisu Pie please!!!  Looks so good, I want to lick my screen!!!  Tongue out

I’m doing my job right as the Pastry Princess :D

coated in sugary goodness. I’m amazed at my willpower to not eat everything I make! I got pictures of stuff I made while in school up on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30581310@N08/sets/72157609324917789/ (keep forgetting to bring my camera to work to take picture of what I make there >:( )

was an accountant for a few years and then went to systems.  basically i work on a modernization project for our administrative systems checking all kinds of crazy calculations.  fun fun, and so unrelated to my degrees (both bachelors and masters)

damn, there goes another one. will have to get new one.

that you solely make little bites of heaven coated in sugary goodness? Or do you have to make boring savoury pastries too?

I am a stay-at-home mom of a 3 year old boy and 6 year old girl

and a full time college student online.

but as everyone knows by now, I’m officially a pastry cook. I don’t use ‘chef’, cause that’s a title that has be earned after a couple of years :P

Did you really have to tell that story

SUCKERS!!!! 

And Friend of MuchAdo, Twowire, I_AM, Gmork,

maebreakall, SlackerQueen, SynapticJam, KristenMae

& the Harveys

BEER + B.B.Q + PODCASTS = HAPPY*HAPPY*JOY*JOY

Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, etc……..

Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, etc……..

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3722083270,size=m]
    And Friend of MuchAdo!

puke at the thought of childhood memories associated with Legos?

ya know circuit boards? yeah, I make the tiny little microscopic things that go on those circuit boards.  Like playing with tiny little, micro legos… and sodering irons. 

sounds like a lot of fun though. as long as it was done humanely ofc

I have actually seen videos of monkeys caring for kittens and puppies so I thought maybe that was what you where doing. And I am also sure that training a chimp to care for a kitten would be easier then training subhumans!

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Dark Knight Marine General

Jayguana

I am an animal welfare inspector and the monkeys to which I was referring are the intellectually undeveloped members of society who have no idea how to look after their pets… lol I have a marvellous image now of me in a laboratory teach a monkey how to play fetch with a dog and give a cat a worming tablet… I think that it might be easier than teaching the subhumans that I deal with most days lol

Swearing off bread forever!

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

What the hell are you people up to in the UK?? And how do I get a job like that?

Jayguana

Damn near wet em when i read that ! Worry not bread lovers I will not add anything "special" to my bread!

Jayguana

for an environmental consultation firm.

If you become a mortician too!

The bakers at a supermarket got caught doing that (fortunately not a supermarket I frequented)

When the security caught the fellah mixing in his special batter it closed the whole supermarket until the investigation was completed.  When asked in interview why he did it his response was simply "It was my turn"

so please for the sake of public health and safety keep it in your pants when working your dough 

My title: Director, Corporate Knowledgebase 

Which means I work for a software company and I write ALL the documentation, training materials, etc. It’s all online now — paper manuals are DEAD! And I answer stooopied questions from both customers and our own Support staff all day.

And since we don’t have enough warm bodies, I sometimes travel and train "monkeys" to use the software in person.

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

I own and operate my own semi truck. stormwalker

Its been 5 months of resumes and applications and no responses, company’s dont even call you back to say they got your resume or application anymore! Tried calling a complany I applied to and the HR guy actually told me not to call again if a I wanted the job. He then said if they where interested they would call me, I remember a time when a company would look at that as inishative and would talk to you!!

Bakers are like mortician when it comes to work though, there is always a need to be filled.

Jayguana

To behave like human beings and take care of the animals for which they are responsible.

It’s a bit like bashing your head repeatedly off a brick wall so I guess you could say that I work in demolition 

that is all for my job.. cant say anything more for my job….

http://www.ballonfahrt-info.d

My day job happens to be… working on getting a night job since day jobs are scarce where I live. I currently infect the internet with my insane conspiracy theories and babe worship, I even have a following finally. I used to be able to get jobs like they’re nothing but now I’m much like Charlie Sheen in "The Arrival" working on something great in his own time. I’m starting my way as a DIY hardcore cyberpunk horror author, currently working on my first work.

VERSUS CYBERPUNK HORRORS

My invasion: http://livecyberpunk.tv

that address went from $20/yr to $50/yr in one year!

"Be afraid of the dark all over again!" DH

unloading the truck and 60lbs of boxes fell on my head.  doc. gave me some loopy pills, and so far it feels much betterz.

"SHIT adds up at the bottom!" ~ JMK

sometimes and do actually come up with something witty instead of sh*tty!

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

that’s for sure

on that Krakens jersey…

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

good luck with the search.

Which is going to be fairly soon :-( 

Proud member of GirlCo!

although i did settle for a target job.  it’s a job = just over broke

I hope it doesn’t take me that long to find one! 

Proud member of GirlCo!

can you hook a junkie up with a job?

I just remember in my HS the History teacher was also the PE teacher, and the Driver’s Ed teacher. Over the years I’ve discovered there seems to be some sinister link between PE & History across our great country. Strange but true! (I have no empirical evidence though.)

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

do you have something in your eye? Are you actually David Bowie?

and it’s a ruff adjustment  

Government Operative.

Can’t talk too much about my job.

Lets just say that if you met me in my professional capacity, things are unlikely to be going well for you.

Everyone thinks I teach P.E.   Nope…I am just one of those retards who gets bored and lifts in m living room

at night before listening to Sigler’s spooky tales.  I am proud of the USA, I believe Christ died for our sins, I am an avid hunter, fisherman, gun enthusiast, athlete and hardcore Scott Sigler fan! 

Love your books and listen every night. 

It really is a full time job looking for a job.  I’ve been doing it for almost 5 months now and feel like beating my head against a wall at this point!!! 

Proud member of GirlCo!

Are you a P.E. teacher? (Besides your usual job as a freakin’ awesome rock band, of course.)

I cut up lots of little creatures. Frogs, snakes, cats……shit ths Sigler freak could really get into.  I rarely have a boner when I have a blade in hand……so the NOCTURNAL readers will consider me to be very strange!

its hard 2 find a job now adays

Im a  friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a bitch!

No i’m not working for the government. do you really think they care about your security? I actually work for the number 1 computer Anti-virus and online security company. Yeah boy! give it up for my mad computer skills.

Hurdy gur, Freakopedia

But nice play on words there!!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Ole Delhome was holding out on us. Now we now he’s a fu*cker by trade!  :p    Hehee, the voices made me, honest!!
    You know I’m kidding dont you? Heeheeeheheheheh! Oh, but not about the voices…..

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

I’m asking and expecting an answer!!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Maintenace Platoon, 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry

LADIES, YOU CAN ASK!

Good luck man.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

to touch that one but good luck with your search!!!!!

trying to find a fucking day job :-(

"Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?"
    Western Carolina Catamounts Sports update: The 2nd place Catamounts Baseball team takes on SoCon League Leader Elon University Pheonix

I work Overnight as a Stocker at Wal-Mart here in Spring Hill FL.

Those little kids know EXACTLY what the job entails…

I run the Borders in Winchester Va. and I sel the hell out of Scott’s work anytime someone is in the Horror area. I am a disciple, bringing those who havent be blessed yet, the way to enlightenment on the quest for WORLD DOMNATION!!!!

I work in student housing at a college.  Mostly I spend my day talking to freshmen college students and creating fun activities for them to take part in.

I’ve also been known to leave a Sigler podcast CD kicking around our dorms……..

He’d obviously made the turn and was hurtling down that final straighaway to the void. His membership in the sentient being club permanently revoked.

Just got my first job a few days ago! Doesn’t start for a while now but I’ll be working at one of the local community centers over the summer, watching over kids and such. Nervous but excited. I’m not exactly sure what the job entails, either, lol.

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

Hmm…that would be quite the awesome job!

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

I happen to be a 2nd year physical mathematics student! (WildSeven, don’t ask. Ladies, you can ask.)

and thought it said overnight Stalker!!!!!  Thought I was going to have to hide my address Wink

Friday-Monday Listen to my FDO on my Microsoft Zune

That’s what the course title says anyway. I don’t do any work and i still moan about it!Laughing Fun stuff though…

Mister Crusher SHUT UP! Doctor, get this child off my bridge… – Captain Picard

Means I listen to the FDO as soon as he gets his arse in gear to post :-)

The UK, not bloody Eng…. no, England, not the bloody UK

At least I get to listen to Sigler on the long haul flights I constantly travel.

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

If I already answered, then feel free to ignore.

I take incoming Road Service calls for AAA.  Flat tires, stalled engines, keys locked in the car, tows to garages, that sort of excitement.  It’s not a stress-free job, but it pays the bills.   

we’ve welcomed a bunch of new junkies in the last few days, so it would be great to hear what all of y’all do in order to earn money to buy more sigler books.  Have at it!

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

• Database Administrator and Data Analyst for a Fortune 10 company.
  • But, it isn’t a day job.  It’s 24×7.
  • And then there is the other job, General of Logistics for the FDO.
  • And patch supplier to DOMREC members.
  • And computer debugger for the wife (sigh, I think she got a virus yesterday).
  • Washer of cat (this takes THICK gloves and a tight grip). 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.

My work has a fancier title than the job really is. I work in Photoshop all day. I work for a company who does Ecommerce and Space Management images and data entry (especially nutrition).

Naturally…my work is so drone-like I get to listen to podiobooks all day.

Including those of out dear FDO.

Many times over. >:]

In some ways…the act of arranging all my audio is more complex and engaging than my job…..but in these days, I’m grateful and I hope everyone out there isn’t in trouble for too long!

I hardly work as it is. I get one day a week for 4 hours…it sucks.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

I hope a great job opportunity comes around soon.

My spray coatings business has slowed way down so I’m falling back to my previous (20 year) career as a software developer. Right now I’m working on an iPhone app that I’m just about ready to release.

I also like to mess around with go fast machinery. My career previous to software guy was as a machinist and engine builder. I’m working on some inventions my dragbike that I hope to take to market one of these days.

At a local hospital

have some CH’s out of my stash.

enjoy them and Keep the FDO’s work going off that shelf.

Working at a bookstore. (Borders) Contagios is as we speak is on the Staff Recomended Shelf with a little review by yours truely. And prior to that you know what was on that shelf..? Infected. ;)

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

a medical supply company. I del, minor servicing, and p/u air beds, critical ICU/CCU beds, and wound vacs. What ever the customer needs, I have to get.

The Irishman from Ohio

Good Teachers to spread the word of Siglerism (oh ya, and education in general). Ever thought if a career change?

“One ping – one ping only” Captain Ramius

I have the word out, we’ll see what happens.  Hopefully only good things!

For us, the two toughest things were 1. being patient as CB learned his first sign and 2. taking the time to learn enough signs ourselves to ensure we were building his vocabulary. Once the first sign stuck, he learned many more, very quickly. In some cases we went through periods of days where he learned a new one (or two!) daily. Where Shadygirl and I lack ability is in proficiency and in any formal training ourselves. We both want to learn now officially. Also, we’ve been teaching CB American Sign Language (rather than some modified or special sign language for babies. That way if he chooses to continue, the vocabulary he’s built is still valid.

– It’s a cold world. This is life.

it is physically easier for an infant to learn how to sign than to speak.

the earlier you start the easier for your daughter to communicate her needs and the happier she will be.

if you go online you can see video all over. there is an ASL (american sign language) video dictionary

just do a search. if you want to contact me in private feel free. I work with schools and parents all

the time and their children and mine. 

How easy or hard was it to start teaching your son sign language?

What age did you start him at?

Are there any books you could recommend? 

My daughter’s a year old and we’ve talked about teaching her how to sign. Any advice you’ve got would be great. Thanks!! 

soon, after all the holidays and everyone gets back to regular business. fingers are crossed for ya.

Cry

there was someone videotaping in San Mateo, but she left before I could ask about getting a copy.

so if you ever see the video let me know. 

conversion by interpretation. I invited several friends and only 2 showed. both deaf. loved it. 

BTW: thanks it was a blast 

The pics from the Book Tour where you signed while the FDO were really cool!  It was neat that you were there to provide that service and spread the stank in every way possible!

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne –

I forgot about that. In that case let me just say: I only regret that I have but one life to give our evil overlord.

Hey, check this out. I just got back (on the 30th) from an interview with a company that makes autonomous electronic vehicles. Some of them full-sized Bobcat type things with bomb disarming attachments. Ha ha ha… I shall prove useful to our future evil underpants… err overlord ha ha ha!!

Heil Sigler!

I’m glad I’m prepping the boy for real kindergarden life! Now hopefully he’ll get some cool teacher like you, and not some frumpy frau.

– “I’m risking my life, for people I don’t like, for reasons I don’t quite understand.” – Homer

I am an Over The Road truck driver.  I have been doing it for 7 years now.  Haul all different kinds of stuff and have been to all 48 contiguous continental U.S.

are par for the course in Kindergarten!  Real or pretend, I hear them every day.  It’s hard for me not to laugh…it’s usually sooo funny; I just don’t want to encourage them, or we’d never get to actual learning.  Little do my little gas factories know, but I own a remote control fart machine myself!  If CB likes to say "butt" and "poop" as well as make rude noises, he’ll fit right in!!!

he he he

Thought I ought to update this seeing as I’ve moved to university and so I’ve had to drop a lot of what I was doing.

I still teach fencing, there’s a society at my uni of which I’m rumoured to become el Presidente of next year.  I am going to start teaching belly dancing again in January with my uni’s dancesport club. I am an actual med student and I work the bar at uni. I still tutor maths actually… to university students shockingly enough. Quite a few of them didn’t take further maths at a-level, and I did so when they were covering it in the first semester just gone, I tutored those who didn’t have a clue.

I’ve come home for xmas and I’m back working in the bar I used to and I’m a guest instructor at the old place I used to teach belly dancing but now.. I have entered the Depths of Hell.

Yes, that’s right.

I now work in…. RETAIL.

Kill. Me. Now.

I’m still lacking on sleep though. I manage to go out pretty much every night still, unless I’m working the bar at our union club.

Medics work hard, but they play harder.

I’m back!

Got a lot of cathing up to do.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was that Jeff Dunham thing where hes talking about messing with the guy at one of his shows.  Cool stuff though, good to have a job you enjoy!

can you handle it Holly? Shadygirl and I assure you he’ll be a good boy, and good student!

– “I just did something involuntary. And messy.” – Sid

I’m the scary guy with the needles that sneaks into your hospital room and drains your blood as you sleep. >=3 

B14i>35 0/3r BI_I11375 B1+<I-I3Z!

I keep the world running…or at least help keep the world’s life blood flowing.  In plain text, I’m a developer for an energy company :)  It’s a great cover for my secret work furthering the FDO’s plans.

I work as an IT guy for a furniture manufacturing company, which basically forces me to be a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

I also deliver the Calgary Herald newspaper every morning before I go to my IT job.

Outcast – A Podcast Novel

http://outcastnovel.mevio.com

‘There is a fine line between honour…and stupidity…’

Bring it on, CB!  Give me your worst, I can handle it!

BTW, he’s ready for you. Now… (You are a teacher, aren’t you?) Insert evil laugh here, on behalf of CB…)

I like to hear about smart kids!  Vocabulary is an indicator of success in school.  High vocab = do well in school.  Your son’s kindergarten teacher will be pleased!Laughing

in AsiaPac for a software company. I’d rather be sailing and playing golf.

ttfn, piipster

…martini. Gin and White Sambuca. Interesting combo.

ttfn, piipster

So my life is a little crazy at the moment, seeing as we are in a global financial crisis, I cant find any banks to lend money!  got any spare cash?

I could spread Siglerism over the airwaves

"Next thing I know, I’m running for my life. And all I could think was if something were to ever happen to me, how sad I’d be, you know?"- Gob Bluth

send out Siglers promo videos live, right?

WOOF, WOOF

We’re teaching the boy sign. He’s not even two yet, but probably has a 50 word vocab. Now that he’s starting to speak, it seems those words are coming fast and furious!

Been doing this for so many years but love it.

CB thanks you for contributing to his college fund. Where do you like to feed the machines?

Avatar of Margaret/Army Mom Barraza

I am a live truck operator for breaking news, also do a little audio production for the newscasts and some other stuff.

What brewery do you work for?

I’m a retired US Navy Hospital Corpsman, now working as a Quality Assurance Analyst for a major national medical laboratory in the Seattle area.

"Success is never final, failure is never fatal – it’s the will to continue that counts." — Winston Churchill

college, party, lime vodka…how could something that tasted so good treat me so, soooo bad….I still hate anything green." Looks the same coming up as going down."
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

I’m a Family Doctor

So if you need some nice ammunition to use in your books Scott, don’t hesitate to ask!! :)

I teach our nation’s youth!

I think that’s awesome! Somebody has to do it. All the pervs (read regular people in denial) need a place to hange out!

Avatar of Margaret/Army Mom Barraza

they’re always hungry

but the Plaid Tanks will all be autonomous. Oh, we’ll be in the tanks, all right. But we’re the ammo! When the FDO says his army will rain down on the masses, he means it literally!

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

On this here "internet" I like to tell people that I’m a trucker haulin’ m’load-a toilet paper from the Ticonderoga mill down to Texarkana Texas. And if I don’t get ‘ere in 48 hours there is gonna be a whole lotta shitty asses down ‘ere in Texas…

I am actually an Electronics Test Engineer. I break electronic stuff for a living. Military stuff gets THE HELL tested out of it before they will actually send it up in a plane or stick it in a Hummvee or whatever… believe it or not you can actually make a whole career out of it.

In my spare time I drink Beer, eat chicken wings, drink Beer, listen to podcast fiction, and drink Beer.

I hope to some day man the main gun in one of the FDO’s plaid tanks and reign death and destruction on the non-believers. 

I am, what we call in the Graphic Design industry, a "cube dweller." I work in educational publishing making other people look good so that they can get a credit in a book while I get a "nice job" pat on the head.

Why am I suddenly hot for teacher?

————

We are the Herne. You will be assimilated.

Altoid thingies!!!!!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

they taste the same coming up as they did going down. Just like those Altoid thingies.

Paintball field owner, mr. mom and semi pro paintball player.

Oh, Long Island Iced Tea drink of choice!!

while your teaching??????  I bet you have some fun lessons.

I have a friend who got me to try a "fresamargarita". Yummy for your tummy, she said. 7 or 8 of them later…

Appletinis are good, but pink and red martinis are my favorite…Cosmo, Pomegranate, Strawberry, etc.

*blinks innocently* Innocent

Exactly!  A complete and total intentional misspelling!

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

Astronuts was an intentional misspelling!

"I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

I was acually thinking of that incident with the astronuts when I wrote that comment!! Too funny

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

Gin or vodka?

I’m not going commando! (Of course.) Depends are great. That way I can drive all the way to the Shuttle launch site and not have to pull over…

I was sleeping.

I drink, too…not milk and apple juice, either (unless we’re talking White Russian or Appletini)!

Brian, OJ600  Thought I was hearing things. Thanks, but…

Brian, OJ600  wayyyy too cool. esp in one of my favorite areas lets get 2gether, so I can borrow ur scooter.

Brian, OJ600

Brian, OJ600

Driving up there before the TV shows. Never thought there was any danger to it. Nuna makes sure the ice is sound, and the 15 kmph speed limits are strictly enforced. Slow approach to the portages, and no problemo. My first trip caught laryngitis, and that’s where I got the nickname "Squeek". took some video, and when I get a chance, I’ll post it to myspace. Nowadays, we have satellite radio, makes it SO good. before that it was CBC.(groan, and make a sour face). Normally, I just haul your garden variety of oversize/ overweight loads. parked beside a helicopter today. he had stopped for lunch too.

Hospital in-patient Rehabilitation

… aka Programmer, which means I get to see the forgotten source code of applications a thousand people get to use everyday. I have always suspected that all of the original programmers worshiped The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Not. Nice. At. All.

A narcoleptic is someone who falls asleep a lot during the day. Look it up.Smile

Oh, and those depends will help with those involuntary and messy issues, too. Don’t ask me how I know, I just do.

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

Uh… nurse

This won’t hurt a bit.

Major kudos, OJ600…balls made of steel!!  Be safe and keep on trucking Wink

Jam’s going to be all distracted for months. You’ll see it in his posts.

that depends.

Code brown poopie pants!  we need a diaper, stat!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

I’ve seen that on TV.  Dangerous though!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Good one Gmork!  Poor JP.  He just can’t say anything.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

I made the trip a few times myself. Once covertly by submarine. Being army, I did not get a proper initiation. I got screwed. Army or not, I’m a proud shellback.

O.D.B.

Brian, OJ600

I am an ice road veteran and am prepping to do it again this winter.

Maaan look at it snow up here in Edmonton.

I install and design and run lighting rigs for nightclubs and theater

and if you dont like it turn it off now PUSSSIEES!!

That’s a brave admission, JP! Innocent

Narcoleptic? 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

Do Junkies get a discount? 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

# you gonna go and do a job comparison survey??

LMAO

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Please make all the lawyer jokes you want!  I do all their work for about half their pay, they deserve it!

I do love my job though.  I work with the only normal lawyers in Cincinnati! 

82′ was a great year for 3 year olds.  We got to watch all the cool cartoons!! 

I’ve always wondered what kind of work that would entail.

I’m a little bit jealous. Good to know there are guys like you out there!

Yes a porn store…..do I look like a teacher? Really? that’s funny! Maybe it’s the glasses…….or something.Actually it’s the #1 chain for toys and porn up here in Canada.

I guess I must be well read, as I am listening to the Siglerisimo! 

Talk to Treed… he’s got the math for poor disadvantaged youth thing going on…  Porn store?  Really?  You’re kidding, right? 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

You all work such interesting jobs! Some days mine feels like a youth correction facility, what with the feces throwing and the drug addicted kids I get in, also feels like a battle ship during a long tour of duty, what with the salt water and the "seamen", and some days it feels like a three ring circus IN HELL! with no purgatory in sight.

I work in a porn store!!Yell 

I’m a web developer for an advertising compnay.

Got a long commute, which is excellent for listening to our dear FDO.

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

rodney carigton

I design things, but most importantly, I get to sit at the computer all day at work and listen to Sigler!! I love my job.

i’m not really retired, now its just a hobby instead of a job.

tech support.

I’m always there to take care of you! My honor to do so, beautiful lady!

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

By “round” you mean pitcher. I definitely remember the incident. The sacrifices we boys make for the gals we love!

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

but can’t remember the specifics. I was too fractured.

this is a true story. I was there, drinking margaritas along with the doctor’s husband. We were all drunk.

I’m proud of you, man! BTW, quitting is easy. I quit a thousand times a day… Anyone can quit. One a select few can hang on!

you got me dead to rights, I’m a drunk, never been to no meetings, mama didn’t raise no quitters

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

Do you go to meetings? If not, you’re just a professional drunk.

he’s got his priorities in order. 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

I administer networks and fix computers to pay for vodka, coffee, rent and gasoline.

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

The problem with the dumb ass in CA self-corrected; now the smart people who are left have to pay the price. Gee wiz.

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

Unlike you, who was still learning to pee pee using the big people toilet …
    I was fixing airplanes for Uncle Sam’s Air Farce at Langley AFB In Virginia.  I was all of 20 but the bouncers all thought I was 22.  That’s a story in itself.
    Tastes Like Chicken

It’s a shame Metrolink contracts with the a company that pays the workers " not enough". So they got what they paid for & the public suffered because of it.  

tim d retired military and now I am a locomtive engineer, used to allow for plenty of time to listen to sigler downloads, but its illegal now that the dumb-ass in CA killed those people, texting now no more electronic devices

working for an online bookmaker (sports betting) in gibraltar, I have been a barman, a proper bookie, call agent, windoze monster and now a solaris tech oh and at one time in the british TA/OTC

Your own reality Broker

I am a geologist working for an environmental consulting firm.

man, I hate math! 

"In remission for 35 days. YeeHaw!"

in pay, I mean! 

"In remission for 35 days. YeeHaw!"

What exactly does that mean in laymens terms???  Sounds interesting.

I am a Client Service Specialist for a corporate america payroll company. Undecided  Do I like it? Not really but it pays the bills.

about a billion (maybe less) Japanese ppl cringe when they hear that song. 

Assassins do it from behind

Uhm…yeah. What he said^^^^^^ 

"In remission for 33 days. YeeHaw!"

I thought a story about my life would be better if SS had me killed by something like a nocturnal that looked like a bunny rabbit and gladly give my death to the master SS!

I apriciate the love and thank you for your support.

I thought I would go ahead and nip this one in the bud before it was asked.  I made the transition from slimey wog to Shellback in April of 1997.

I was stationed aboard the Indy from Feb 94-July 97 and called Yokusuka, Japan my homeport.  The Indy was my 1st and last ship.  I left the NAVY after my rate was deadlocked for 2yrs and I was not able to advance to the next rank due to those in that rank not advancing.

While in Japan I also had a side-job as a bouncer for a friend of mine’s discotech/bar. 

If someone will get me my walker, I’ll take that little whippersnapper out to the woodshed and show him what fer! dang it! 

Yeah  Mr Roboto!!!

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

Your still wet behind the ears. I was out of High school, married and had my first child by then! Needless to say I’m alittle crusty behind the ears. Boy, is it just me or is anyone else feeling old! :)

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

Kinda young for a Styx fan, ain’tcha? 

Dōmo arigatō goziamasu!

本当にありがとうございます!

are probably the ones you should be investigating…. *SIC EM SIGLER!*

OK amaskery I asked someone to look in on them for you…they shouldnt be a problem soon ;P

keep up the good work though! one of my best friends is in CPS.

then Thank you for your service!!!!!!

I work in Child Protective Services

no, wait….nevermind, I was 3

to you (and your wife) sMUTgREMLIN for learning from your mistakes and turning your life around!!!!  

I was refering to his service to our country aboard the Indy. I was based off of her in 1982 when I was doing some ‘free lance’ work for the DoD in Lebanon.

I (and my sweet face) had a lot of issues when I was growing up, and I took them out on everybody around me, hence the jail time. But I turned it all around after a scare of spending some real time behind bars. because Florida in its infinite (pi) wisdom has a 3 strikes law, so after 3 felony convictions as a juvinile you are booked as an adult, no matter how old you are. So when I was 16 I was adjudicated as an adult and spent about 9 months in the big boy jail. Other than becoming an expert at spades and dirty hearts I had no use for the place. and when I got out, after a time on House arrest, with the ankle bracelet and everything, I met a girl who is now my wife (our 9th year wedding anniversary is in may) and she really helped me to turn my life around. We also have 3 children who don’t leave me much time to get into trouble. ;P

and that concludes our very special episode of "As the sMUTgREMLIN Turns" now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

You are very witty aren’t you!

Lebanon, 1982 

We have one of those industrial-sized dishwashers.  It’s about 5 feet long by 7 feet high by 3 feet wide. You put a rack of dishes in one end and POOF! they are clean. Problem is, I’m the only one who bothered to go to the seminar learn how to fix the damn thing. Nobody else, not even the managers,  will listen to me when i try to explain to them what to do. I might be able to get this new guy to learn, but he’s not very bright

GO OSU!

It had to be a set up!  There can be no crimes hiding behind that sweet face!  Or – is that part of your plan???????

I bet you can give Sigler some ideas. 

your dishwasher isn’t a Maytag!!!!

I am usually a busser at the place I work, but now i have found myself having two jobs.  One is bussing. the other is fixing the goddamn dishwasher.  You don’t know how annoying it is to be at a movie and get a call to haul my ass over there to fix the dishwasher.  Ever few days or so it breaks. the good thing is I get paid for 4 hours of work every time I fix it. Unfortunately it is at minimum.

GO OSU!

you ought to write a book!

I can tell some stories about just how screwed up somethings have gotten. When a kid spends 4months locked up for skipping school and a kid that confesses to a murder only gets 4 months. While a kid who is known to be innocent but does 5yrs because the DA wants his brother (who commited the murder) to turn himself in. Ontop of beastiality, child porno stars, and drug rings.

I just served my 21 days and left though. none of that other shit you mentioned (literally)

I got in some of my best fights there!

it WAS a looong time ago so with todays fucked up youth its probably a little different now.

kudos to you buddy!

I am a juvenile corrections officer. Basically I babysit children that have committed crimes ranging from something as stupid as skipping school all the way up to murder. I have worked in this position since January 1st 1999. In my time I have been bitten, stabbed, scratched, punched, kicked, slapped, spit on, had urine and fecal matter thrown on me. I have even been hugged, kissed and groped. The only thing that I have not suffered has been any broken bones or being shot at.

Before being in corrections I was a firefighter in the NAVY aboard the USS Independence (CV-62.)

I was also the vice president of a national motorcycle gang for 3yrs before leaving due to "political differences."

I think we’ve found someone who Multi-tasks even more than G-Man!

that everyone else has a day job? You never know who works at night… (grin)

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

blue topping sucks

topo sucks ass

asbuilts mmmmmmm..ok

titles suck

large acerage……..rocks 

rodney carigton

Unfortunately the S.O.B. was holding on to the rail & didn’t fall which is what I was hoping he did . I was trying to  feed his butt to my farebox. The fact he was holding on told me he had been planning that for a while not just on impulse. I think he was surprised I wasn’t afraid & figured HE should be AFRAID of me. On the old buses we had back then the door handle could be taken out of the slot which I had done I really wanted him to get close so I could put a hurtin’ on him. My ex said "Lord, he don’t know how blessed he is he got out before you got him" But I’m older & meaner now that was nearly 15yrs.ago. Now I would just taser his ass.

that was a really smart thing to do! I’m not sure I would have thought of slamming on the breaks in that situation, but that taught him, now didn’t it!  

Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

nothing comming north nothing going south,it will be a while before it gets back normal.

rodney carigton

Oh yes,we got FREAKS!!! But Momma don’t play & they learn REAL fast like when they’re standing on the curb at the NEW bus stop just for them. One night I was driving along  with one guy on the bus who decided he had to remove his clothes & approach me while I was driving on a dark lonely road on the base. Well I could see his reflection in the windshield & hit my brakes so hard my tires were SMOKIN'( I was doing 55mph at the time) He got one of the "special stops" put him out bare butt naked. I was out of radio range so I couldn’t call it in until I was further down the road. Oh I was hot as fish grease when I got in. That was the last time my now ex-husband missed riding with me when I had that run. Needless to say I never had him on the bus again. I was looking for him too, wanted him to ride with me one last time. I reported the incedent to the MP’s in case I got lucky enough to pick him up again so there wouldn’t be a problem when I beat the stem windin’ stew out of him.  But I LOVE IT!!   Oh yes BTW love the assasins comment. :)

Or should I say, habits? How many do you own? I would guess quite a few. I suppose your dry cleaning bill is huge.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

I can Imagine, I drove a public bus for a while…….OMG THE FREAKS!!!

also they wanted to transfer me 1 county over and im sorry but would you drive a bus called the SCAT line?

(Sarasota County Area Transit) So that was it for me and the bus

Public Transportation Bus Driver to be exact. Always an adventure in So.Cal.            

but we just couldn’t pass up on an opportunity like that  ;P

thats what they all say….no I mean it. "they" all love that thing she does with her tongue

(gmork, sorry but that was a pretty hot digital raspberry…im just saying)

That’s pretty funny …. here’s a few more for ya Tongue outTongue outTongue out

(that will be $20, please)

Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

I really love that thing you do with your tougue! Uh, wait that didnt come out the way I meant it…..the pppfftttt thing I mean. :)

that sounds really neat!  working with machinery that could crush you!! wait..that kinda sounds like a sigler story line jsut asking to be fleshed out

LOFL!!

pppfffftttttTongue out

believe me, you are! 

"In remission for 27 days. YeeHaw!"

Now wheres my wrench? I wouldnt want to drop it into the motor now would I! ;) By the way Red, Have you been south very far? I’ve heard the conditions are pretty bad around Houston. 

16yrs, from busting pipe to electrical controls design, equipment specifications and PLC program design and programming. Even spent sometime in Houston and Tulsa in the Head office doing engineering support for 7 major oil systems. But I am glad to be Tech’n again! 

if you can locate one of those motors in texas ill bring it to you!!!

rodney carigton

one of the few areas I have absolutly no experience in…Oil!

lol n8…he said Nano….that means it’s small. jejeje

They are 4,160 volt motors running pumps on a small 22" pipeline between Cushing OK and Woodriver IL.  The system moves approx 7-8K bbls/hr of oil (336,000 gals/hr). At one of my former jobs I was on a 40" pipeline running from St. James LA to Patoka IL. 632mi long. On that system the smallest pump motors were 3000hp electric and the largest were 5000hp. The larger motors weighted close to 12 ton. One wrong move and you could easily lose a body part! A real bitch when you had to shop one. On that system, at that time, we were moving 40-50k bbls/hr! (2,100,000 gals/hr). So all in all, the motors I work with now are small! :) Sorta like Nano compared to huge. (heehee n8!)

such a large motor? is that for the lift stations? or for the treatment facilities?

Sucks, my job now (custom picture framing) just cut me back to partime, I know how you feel smutgremlin. I have to find something full time or how else am I going to keep my habits up?

ps-go to: http://www.tyerdavisillustration.com

I thought she was still in Junior High, but has all the looks of the High School gals…

Not that I’m biased or anything.

"Life’s disappointments are harder to take when you don’t know any swear words.”

rodney carigton

You’re hardcore, Red.

I think you’ve just become my hero!

blah blah blah polar bears

wah wah wah artic wolves

HELL I DRIVE FOR ROUGH NECKS AND ROUSTABOUTS. 

rodney carigton

kinda like a James Bon-bon? 

"I thought, therefore, I was."

Urerus; combination of the female uterus and the male urethra.

She-male parts!

"wud"

he he he 

This is one I have used  try the green download button see if that helps, create a system restore point first. PM me if it doesnt work and I’ll see what else I can do. (I have better diagnostic progs. on my other PC at my office) Always happy to help!

I’m always in the market for a new line of work!  Oh and I didn’t mention above, I also make Handcarved candles. I didn’t mention it because i haven’t done it in a couple of years. I’ve been thinking of starting it back up though. I’ve had this nick since I was 16 (14 or so yrs) and I’ve thought of changing it but its too much a part of me, im glad you like it! I love the name Gmork too! it’s been too many years since I read Neverending Story. the movie was good but couldn’t hold a candle to the book.  

just want to spread the love

(20 ought to do it) 

You’ve got a widereanfe of talents, smutgremlin!  (oh and I totally *love* your user name)

Red, I bet you could do driving for Ice Road Truckers (that History Channel program).  Wicked cool stuff!

You are so sweet and cute!!!  Now how many crack hits did you say that comment would cost me???

Why, Muchado, I thought you were still in high school!

Laughing 

Martha’s a girl?

How much to come to my house and remove antivirus 2009 from my computer???????

Now, now. Don’t be so rough on the ‘boy’. He ain’t learnt enough about the ways of women folk to know any better. Maybe he and Martha ought to talk a bit more. Ya know, after? 

I do fucking anything (legal) for money. I own a computer service (similar to geeksquad, we come to you) I do web development. Custom computer builds. video editing. some software Dev (although I havn’t stayed current, so I don’t do that too often) I have just moved to TN and I am forced to work part time for a company that does Dell *shudders* warranty service, as well as IBM and Sony. I own a pool service back in Florida. I do carpentry work, masonry work, Hey Red I drive a truck too! (just havn’t updated my CDL for TN yet) like I said You name it…I also raise 3 children with my wife of 9 years. and the rest of my time I spend hacking, cracking and posting here!

I work maintaining, installing and repairing electrical/electronic controls and equipment as well as all the mechanincal aspects for pipeline pumping facilities. I work on 750hp to 1500hp electrical motors and pump assemblies. Do alot of driving between locations also, but not as much as Red!

“Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won’t help.”

rodney carigton

college I dated someone who was a HOT SHOT!  It sure was difficult to make plans!!!!

IF YOU NEED IT TAKEN, ill take it, no matter when,no matter where,YES YES i am the TEXAS transporter.

don’t look at the package  

rodney carigton

So while the last few posts kinda derailed the topic (but it was fun, wasn’t it!) I’m bumping this thread up so the throngof newbies tot he site can share their day jobs and peruse through the older pages to see what other Junkies do to help pay for their Crack.

So have at it newbie Junkies…what’s your day job?

I think the next time I have a bunch of crack hits to clobber someone with, that someone just might be you. (Even though I think you’re just blowing smoke up my skirt. I mean, kilt.)

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

let a new boss think that you don’t know how smart and accomplished you are…
    provide the facts to him and let them show how smart and close to genius you really are,
    but seem unaware of that obvious conclusion. The new boss will then drool over the possibility
    of draining your brain and passing your work off as his, thinking you’ll never know.
    When your hired he will protect you, thus protecting his source of genius…… or create custom pastries shapped like unusual insects and sell them on Craigs List.

I hope we all still have some kid left in us.  Otherwise we would be boring people who are dying from ulcers – or worse!!!!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

While my mommy parts are mildly amused by the lack of nate’s proper anatomy spelling, it is the taxpayer in me that is affronted by the fact that my hard earned taxpayer dollars, diverted to supporting the public education system in this great nation, are obviously going to waste.

"They while away their time in sarcastic conversation, fantasizing about sex and being tough guys, although they never actually experience either."  Shadygirl, say it isn’t true!!!!! 

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

there’s something sadly soothing about that hollow, melodic sound…

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

You’re a target and a pole. (Hehehehehe, he said “pole.”)

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence?

just remember he was probably dropped on his head as a child – again and again 

Nate Dogg (#6 crackhits if mumo doesn’t pass me)… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

-here i am, hit me….

is kind of a lightning rod, isn’t he!?

Nate Dogg (#6 crackhits if mumo doesn’t pass me)… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

thats not far enough

You may not have to repeat the fourth grade for a third time after all!

mav?

Shadygirl looks like we have another candidate for the grooms walk and to think he is one of our own!!!!!!!! 

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win" -Yogi Berra

uterus and contraction in the same post? Gutsy move, Mav. Shadygirl and Gmork may rip your head off if they think you’re smart-mouthing their mommy parts. Excuse me a minute while I just move over here to a safe distance.

subiunctivo-subjunctive
    semper-always(yay marines)
    male utaris-misuse(male is "bad" right?)
    Nate Dogg (#6 crackhits if mumo doesn’t pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Nate Dogg (#6 crackhits if mumo doesn’t pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

You make me proud! Not only did you enjoy the phonetic fun these words offer, but your grammar is improving!

– Utinam modo subiunctivo semper male utaris! (May you always misuse the subjunctive!)

I’m a woman and I don’t have one of those??????? 

i thought only women had those?
    ps i know its spelt urerus. i also know it’s is the contraction, its is the possesive pronoun

what you are saying is that you are a Jack of all trades.  Or is that a JP of all trades?????

it seems I’m a military, hippy, twisted English teacher, amateur entomologist, international man of mystery and part-time pastry chef. Just to make it even better, I’m very happily married and have a fantastic son! Boy do I have it GOOD! And I can’t keep a job.

– Utinam modo subiunctivo semper male utaris! (May you always misuse the subjunctive!)

Can I have some of that pastry?  That is if shadygirl doesn’t mind.  I thought you were military for some reason????

I’m actually not a research scientist, nor am I a college science teacher. Although I don’t know much about history, I am an international man of mystery, and part time pastry chef. Mmmmmm, pastry.

– Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! (May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!)

for a minute there I thought we were being overrun by English teachers 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

I’m the research scientist and part time college science teacher.  Never claimed to no nothing bout no english! Although I’ve been known to quote Shakespeare but that’s just a hobby!

that was hilarious 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

My pleasure. BTW, aren’t you the actual non-twisted English teacher in the bunch? I’ll proudly serve as your “twisted” alter-ego.

– Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! (May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!)

a big, charitable heart. Someone has to work to raise the standard! He deserves our respect! (After all, just look at what he has to work with…)

with teachers like treed, what do you expect? Mr. Miyagi said " No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher."

Had a tough day today but you guys have helped me relax.  I have been rolling in the floor laughing!!!!!  Your witty comments and the adult beverage I now have worked wonders!!!!!!!!! 

I’m a hippy. Can’t you tell by my clothes and hair style?

And for the record, it’s “isn’t” not “is’nt.” I see the Texas public schools are operating at full capacity.

You figured out where I teach twisted English (honors program)…

flattered? flattered!! treed? what’s wrong with you?

is’nt it ?

You use that word as if it were a bad thing.

Collage college?

there’s certainly nothing wrong with being a gluer, I guess. I’m sure it’s respectable work. Who am I to criticize? Glue is good; that’s what I say! And you don’t even have to go to college for it, although you do have to go to collage…

-i wanted so much to say something when i first saw his post, but stayed my tongue… well said

but I’d prefer to maintain a little bit of mystery… I like that though: a twisted English professor. Yeah.

And I’m flattered with the comparison to treed. (Hope you don’t mind, treed.)

are you some kind of twisted english professor who has entirely too much time on his hands? you and that hippy treed are two peas in a pod.

collage |kəˈlä zh; kô-; kō-|

noun

a form of art in which various materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric are arranged and stuck to a backing.

• a composition made in this way.

• a combination or collection of various things.

ORIGIN early 20th cent.: from French, literally ‘gluing.’

I think you must have meant “college” but hey, maybe you’re going to be a professional gluer, or a part of some living modern art display…

– Prospice tibi–ut Gallia, to quoque in tres partes dividaris.

Just graduated middle school sometime last week myself…

our FDO likes a bit of the crack heads 

Currently I work for myself as a web developer. I specialise in PHP based systems hosted LAMP stacks. I’ve recently started working with Drupal and have become sold on the system.

Getting made redundant is what set me down this path. It was probably the best thing to happen to me (career wise) in the last few years.

Scott, if you have any need for assistance with the site (I see it’s running Drupal) feel free to ask. I’d be happy to help out. It’s the least I can do for all the great content you’ve provided.

I spend about 5-6 hours a day in my car, Plenty of time to get a fix. I just need more content.

I work on a mine site doing all sorts of interesting things 4 weeks on 1 week off, the work is hard, the shifts are long, you hardly see natural light.. but the pay is awesome and it gives me time to listen to sigler.

1 year 1 month left at school, then hopefully collage.

Documenting the use and configuration of a specific brand of microprocessors for the automotive sector. Yep, it is as boring as it sounds.

Aaah, the days of middle school. I remember them well, for I was there just a few years ago.

Student, but looking for some kind of job. 

That’s just my fancy way of saying that I’m the office manager of a small water damage restoration company. Listening to General Siglerisimo on my way to work gets me ready to deal with underlings and inferiors.

I’m still in middle school! almost high school…..

I basicaly map out properties and set out where houses are going to be built.

We’re doing all we can to make sure you get a nice fat pay raise come April 1st!!!

"Just shut the fuck up and do yer job, asshole!"

The locals are great there.  You’ll have a blast.  Eat a Kaserahmschnitzel for me…  And a nice dark beer… 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

10 years active AF…  Where in GM?  I was at Ramstein for a long tour…  It’s nice, but it’s nice to come home too… 

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam

This Pusher likes Synaptic Jam on toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

yeah infecting people through their food is eeeeevil

Evil Roxxx

All that matters is getting my fix.

for the unintiated, that the person cooking your meals is a damned dirty junkie

spread the infection 

In a kitchen located somewhere on earth. LOL

It’s fun and when the Dark Overlord needs someone to prepare his food, He

can call upon my food preparing services anytime.

i’m on a deer lease in east texas and we generally kill more beer than deer

if wallerdad was your brother, you too would wear the mask of shame

to get my oldest to listen (he’s army)

without any luck

but i bet i’d have luck with his bud’s 

Answer the nice lady

Has a really tight shipping and distribution system, cross-docking and all that and that it’s hyper-organized and computer driven….  What’s it like hauling for them? 

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam

This Pusher likes Synaptic Jam on toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

HMMMM?

*** I am Renfield to Sigler’s Dracula ***

Ice fishing, ok, just make sure the hole in the ice is smaller than your head. so you won’t fall in, and in your case, I think your pretty safe if your head is as big as I think it is………..not really. I am suffering POINT ENVY.

A friend I worked with used to do the ice fishing thing, the family had a little shack on a sled they’d pull out on the lake. He  said they had tons of fun out on the ice, and showed us lots of pictures to prove it.   It really looked like fun.  and I guess you are right, his wife and kids were usually not with him, I think they went shopping.

*** I am Renfield to Sigler’s Dracula ***

Running around California, Oregon and Neveda delivering to all the Wally Worlds

• Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

Get you an ice house….   use an auger to drill the hole…  place the line…  turn on the heater….  settle back in the comfy chair (or couch if you prefer)  Order a pizza for delivery….  Drink that first beer of many…..    ahhhh…. and all without the whining of the wife or kids…..   Bliss I tell ya!  Bliss!   Deer hunters understand….  which you also have a lot of up here too.

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

nice stereotype spam, you think of that while ice fishing?

your the embarassment dear brother, the family shame, the abomination we tried to hide from the world

Does that mean I have to steal a hubcap from a Caddilac and wear it as a belt buckle?  Or will that get me ass kicked?

Since your gonna make it all the way down here in April for the pub crawl will let you be an

Honorary Houston Junkie.

No one can embareASS me more than mumo on a daily basis. 

I wouldn’t embarass you any more than you already embarrass yourself…

Brought into Siglerism by another State Employee,  I work in Dept of Education in the State of California. 

I am an IT manager for a company in Northwest Houston

Houston Junkies kick ass

These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

I am an artist, fine and digital, I do pretty much anything and everything related to the field including instruction and some stuff you never knew was part of the field. Currently I am my own boss and contract myself out (aka freelance) and that pays the bills and gives me time to pursue what doesn’t pay the bills

I work as a scientist for the major University in Texas at their Health Science Center in the big city of Houston. Sig, thanks for all the cool ideas!!!!!!!!! In my spare time I give hell to the other Sigler junkie on my floor. Take that gatorrock!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar of Siobhan Bagshaw-Mitchell

I can’t actually afford to go to college anymore because of travel expenses so until September I’m frantically looking for a job… Sigler knows whats good, hes his own boss and does whatever he wants, anything from child burping to knuckle wrapping…

the voices are glad you retired BEFORE you discovered silger (DAMN HIM)
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

I’m a retired senior reactor operator. Was in the control room of a nuke plant for 15 years, then taught new reactor operators for the next 14 years. Being retired, I’m just a junkie all day now, since I’ve found the demented mind of Scott Sigler. Maybe in my next life I’ll write podcasts about nuclear terrorists :)

I run a saw all day cutting aluminum bars while listening to Sigler on my ipod. I need to make sure I get my fix at work. Nice buzz. Lol

I repair esspresso equipment for a major retailer… I get to drive around all day and listen the Scott’s podcast, they are awesome, I cant wait to get back in the truck after a job just to hear what happens next!!!

Fourth Graders in the inner-city.

“Shakespeare said pretty well everything, and what he left out, James Joyce, with a little nudge from myself, put in.” Brendan Behan

But I’m not a junkie… oh and before you ask no the picture isn’t me.. It aint hairy enough.. How long before I get dismissed from this place?

for a damned dirty junkie
    The Math god

I get paid to draw the internal organs that Scott’s characters get stabbed, sliced or crushed.

tease me.. tell me i need a new job and that i’m not allowed to look for anything good.. hmm what do i go for.. all my jobs have been rancid so far… i wonder if anyone would sponsor me to sit in a wood overnight armed only with a sigler podcast and some headphones hehe.. maybe i could have that as a job?

make fun of me
    The Math god

You have voices too?? but they said they only spoke to me *sobs* mind you they also said I was better now too yet my memory is failing me.. I think there is something they don’t want me to remember.. I must stop and try to remember… I must stop and try to remember.. I must listen to Ancestor… I must listen to the Sigler.. I mus

you’re a junkie

the voices know
    The Math god

I used to grind grain into flour until I walked out one day and never went back.. spose I should find a way to pay but then I am not an addict.. I am not an addict..

Also I’m an insomniac according to my doctor. But I can’t use the pills because when I sleep I grind my teeth so much according to my dentist. So I stay awake. I get loads more work done that way. No partying for me… Well not much. Not even on my 18th. I have a bio exam that day in june. Always have. Didn’t have a party for my 17th… Last birthday where I had a party was my 13th.
    It’s fine… Sleep is now a foreign notion to me.
    *~*
    My thoughts this week: I’m going to fail my exams this month… Proved by starting the week with a D.. In maths. Mathematics! This is someone who rarely gets below 90% in maths. Not good.

Instructional Systems Designer – Competency modeling, needs analysis, and planning and managing the design, development, and deployment of web-based training (WBT), instructor-led training (ILT), and blended learning solutions.

…I deliver, pick up, service, and in-service products for extended care, hospitals, physical rehab facilities, nursing homes, and home patients’.
    The Irishman from Ohio

…TAKE A NAP! SLEEP! Even if its only for six hours. SLEEP is a necessary. Do not ruin for body like I did from too much sleep deprivation. Did I mention please take a nap?
    The Irishman from Ohio

The Irishman from Ohio

The Irishman from Ohio

i am in the army , with the air defense. we actually use the stinger missle scott already wrote about (ancestor i believe). i listen to scott usually during the ride to work , thats twice a week for about 2 hours. luckely i have an internet connection on my room at the base so i don’t have to miss anything for a second…. unless we are out in the field ofcourse :)

Is it true that you are Britney Spears bodyguard?

I drive a big rig hauling medical waste around the Western US. I have 11 hours of driving a day to listen to Master Sigler and promote his genius to my fellow gear poppers. My ipod is my best friend. I get two days off a week, which is a good thing because I couldn’t live without my updates.

I’m a hopeless devoted junkie whore. No good veins in my arms but just stick it in my carotid for instant gratification.

I just lost my job, where I was an Information Technology Manager for the whole of SW Florida, for a luxry homebuilder, the low housing market SUCKS…. so, im looking for another similar job anywhere in the country (i would like IN, IL, or FL though)

:(

I work for a law firm as a litigation paralegal, litigation technologist and e-discovery expert.

I’m a cartographer. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I find it fascinating. I get to sit around all day and day and draw maps. On occasion I’ll go as far as analysing aerial photography but I don’t really need to in my current job.

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

I however am a systems administrator… which means I… surf the net all day.

And writing my upcoming novel, which is a poor attempt at Sigler’s status…

I am a Microbiologist, currently specialising in Molecular Biology. It gives me 8-10 staight hours a day to listen to Podcasts, that is the best part about it.

fencing instructor, belly dancing teacher, nursery assistant, hopeful med student, i work in a bar also, completely ridiculous hours but i gots me loadsa money, maths tutor… I’m sure there’s more but i’m too knackered to think.

This is probably why i’ve been single for a while. No freakin social life.

Wow…so you are a full time writer now…LIVING Teh Dream!

I assemble the steering columns you junkies use to steer your car!

I do repairs and overhauls on aircraft wheels and brakes for UPS. I do this while listening to that sick bastard Scott Sigler.

And you better be gentle with our fellow ninja in Nocturnal. We are here, we are everywhere. Oh wait that is Hutchins line.

Draftsman for a Surveying Company……..drafting sucks ass but ppl leave me alone and I get to be in my own little world when I’m working listening to either Scott’s stories or some form of metal.

Ah, If we could all be so luck as to pursue our own dreams of world domination. Thanks for your dedication and focus to us Junkies and allowing us to serve up some destruction on your behalf, Scott!

————
    KnitWitch

I get to crunch numbers, keep the mountains of paperwork organized and help each year’s batch of candidates get closer to adding extra letters to the end of their names. I’m also a Certified Notary Signing Agent and when I’m not toiling at the University desk, I try to keep some voice work going to pay for my latest literature addictions and podcasting about the great stuff I’ve read recently…

I have to have audiobooks – I can rarely be still long enough to read much anymore…

————
    KnitWitch

for a Fortune 10 company.

Student at the university: German, English, Economics to become a teacher. Writing in my spare time, having nightmares in my sleep. All is normal.

Actually I second that emotion…you may have a side job to this hole writing thing!

Now that’s just irony at its best!

Have you applied any Sigleresque techniques in your work?

Mob hits you say? Would you do it for the average joe? Like lets say I have a particularly pesky mother in law….

I am a database/information systems engineer and a self proclaimed Windows bigot. I work for the second largest software company in the world (you figure the rest out). Hey man, even evil needs cash sometimes!

Stay drenched in blood brother!
    BTH