This topic contains 64 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 3 months ago.

What is your avocation??????

We have a forum where we post our occupations now here is one to post your avocation!!!!  So what is your true passion in life.  For me it is genealogy!  I love searching and updating my family tree and helping other people search for their ancestors (no not the Baby McButter kind).  There is so much history that you can learn and experience when researching your family, where they lived, where they came from, etc.  So tell me junkies, what is your passion!!!!!

Auto Racing,

Radio Controll Monster Trucks,

Football

College Basketball

College Baseball

snowboarding

Western Carolina University Lady Catamounts Basketball:18 – 11 (14-6 SOCON)

Western Carolina University Men’s Catamounts Basketbal:16 – 14 (11-9 SOCON)

My raison d’être is reading. 

I keep a journal of all the books I read which keeps track of the premise as well as words or phrases that I want to remember from each book.  I am actually running out of shelf space in my house…so much so that the cabinets in my kitchen, have books on them :)

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

• Geneology – over 7000 people in the extended tree.
  • Reading – of course
  • Scuba diving – I am rated Master Diver 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.

Let’s see my Passion

I just took up Stone Sculpting in 2008. as soon as I pick up the hammer and chisel time just doesn’t exist.  

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Pictures of any you would like to share?

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Your avocation caught me totally by surprise!!!!!! Laughing

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Once could say that you are interested in a variety of sports!!!  What do you think of the Cassel trade.  KC really got the best end of that deal only having to give up a second round pick!!!!

I hope (for the sake of their fans) That KC does better now. of course…. not as good as my boys :-)

Reading for sure. If I had to limit it to only one–it’s reading. There are definitely a few close seconds though.

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Simple and as sappy as it sounds, she is my world. There’s is nothing that I would rather do than just spend quiet time alone with her. Sitting down and reading the Sunday paper, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, watching TV, whatever I do, I would rather be doing it with her.

"Official Mascot of GirlCo"

how sweeeeeeetttttt

*not sarcasim*

Way to ruin it for the rest of us Mr. Mallow! Now you’ve gone and gotten us in big trouble. Wait a minute, doesn’t this word technically mean “a hobby or minor occupation” or “an activity a person does outside of their principle occupation.” Oops, now YOU’RE in trouble!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Being with Susan definitely falls into those definitions. The inner satisfaction and joy that I get from this "hobby" is all the reward I seek when engaging in the ‘activity’, therefore it falls outside of my principle occupation. 

you got me there. See, this is why you’re the smarter one! Dang…

Laughing                       

Neither of you is better than the other.  You are both awesome!!!!!!!  JP is right about the definition of avocation.  I basically just wanted to know what people like to do in their spare time in case some of us had the same hobbies!!!!  I hope no one has the same specific hobby as Wolfie!!!!

Even though he are the smarter one; I are not.

I guess one of us got the looks and one of us got the brains.  

No problem, little bro!  

I love watching her start to walk faster and more balanced. I love getting hugs and kisses from her. I love the way she makes animal sounds when we ask her what each one does. I love how she makes a face when I take her picture. She’s my little monkey and I love her more than anything else.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I can feel the Junkie family love, It warms the heart! :)

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

but I wouldn’t want to partake of them everyday, either.          

I’m hungry! (heres a little quirk of mine, I know wrong thread. But every time I spell remind, I want to put an "e" on the end of it? WTF? Why? I dont know)

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

Reading 

NFL

Working around the house

Working on my truck

Mallow

Any free time left I spend here.       

Would have to be computer/technology related interests. Just now building my second box. I also like (trying to) keep up with all the changing technology. Its fun and gives me something to do when everyone else is doing something on their own.

I have a video on my FB page. I should put something up on youtube for others to see. but I have only one Finished piece so far. the others are works of practice.  

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

I can be completely unexpected at times :P

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

I live to be the funny guy.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

I live to laugh at the funny guy!

I live to listen to the laugher, laughing at the funny guy.

the guy listening to the laughter of the guy laughing at the funny guy!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

They are the best. :)

Music-I’m a bassoon player:)

Something I always loved to do and once thought to persue a career in it, but realised it would lose it’s novelty to me if I did, so now I keep it as a hobby.

Plus, its cheaper than therapy Laughing

clarinet!  You are a two reeder and I was a one reeder!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

that I have always wanted to write about but I’m always afraid I won’t do the plots justice.  I’m thinking of doing NanoWritemo (or whatever it is called) next year.  I figure why not!!!!!

Yeah, I want to try it too next year(or maybe this year). Hopefully I won’t be to busy or have insane writer’s block like I am right now.

NaNoWriMo… a dark and daring feat for those who attempt it… Forty-two of my best men were lost at sea this November past… Though I pulled ahead with sixty-thousand words…

And writing… and video games… and photography… and having no life…

but gave it up after school

See I told you we are twins!!!!!!

and me also! I played it my 3rd thru 5th grade years. I stopped playing when I started going to Jr High though now I wish I hadn’t.  

(writing boys, no smart jokes) together this year.  Not that I ever intend to publish mine but just for the joy of saying – I Did it (write boys, no smart jokes)!!!!! Kiss Smoochies!!!!!!

the HS band teacher sucked and I quit because of him. wished I would have kept on.

the only reason I thought that was because you told me not to think of it. now I can’t get it out of my head. not that I want to. oops here comes Girl…………….(bzzzzzzzzzz)

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Yup, another writer here. Whoo-hoo? Other than that…gymnastics. I really, really, suck at that, though. Even more than writing. Seriously. My coach made me quit. >_> 

Paleontology is also awesome to read about (well, learning about dinosaurs, anyway), but having job shadowed a paleontologist…man, that is a bo-ring job!

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

NaNoWriMo definitely slurped up my soul through a straw and killed my pathetic real life, and gigantic online life. But I had a blast finishing! And I definitely wasn’t going for a book to publish, as it was a fanfiction, as that was my inspiration at the time, but next year (this year)…we’ll see. ;D

I finshed, though! In ’07 and ’08 (waaaaay less procrastination in ’08 – I did more than needed and finished ahead of time, where as in ’07 I almost didn’t get my novel verified on time, because I was writing until the last minute I had).

But yes. Do eet! I is pressuring you to do eet!

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

(Ok, I admit that was lame, even for me)

so I don’t remember how good I was. but I know that I was cool because I had a "Silver" trumpet. hehe

I still got a good chuckle.

That’s a good one, SG.            

I also like collecting drink recipes, the weirder the name the better! I’m practically building my own drink encyclopedia Smile

SMOOCHIES

and DRINK! Put it together and share it with us! I’m always on the look out for something new.

I would say my Vocation and Avocation are the same. I design instruction for business and industry in the day, teach at night, and serve on the board of education just to ensure that I have no spare time. I don’t want to do anything else.

What would I change in the future? Well in twilight of my life I would like to teach middle school science.

“One ping – one ping only” Captain Ramius

Tiki Bar TV!!! Check out the website, and definitely subscribe to the podcast! A good drink recipe every episode, and always funny!

Twowire and I are bantering about the idea of NaNoWriMo too! What do you think you’ll write about? I’m still chewing on a topic.

I played the Trumpet from 4th through 8th grade. Picked up the Coronet in 9th, then moved to the Marching French Horn from 10th through 12th. Back to the trumpet my freshman year of college. Then studies got in the way of continuing. Haven’t touched the thing since. (I’m talking about my Trumpet, any of you pervs reading this.) Since then, I’ve dabbled with the harmonica (I carry it with me when I travel) and took bagpipe lessons for a year. Harmonica’s portable and easy to carry/practice on. Bagpipes–well, I’ll have to wait til later to really pick them up. I made it to the point the instructor told me to buy a set of pipes, but other priorities in life prevailed.

I read right over your comment about "touching your thing" you had to bring that to the light. then you bring up touching your bags and then have to buy a new pipe…

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6060 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

if we all participated in NaNo together.  One of my ideas is a fan fic involving the golden age of the solar clipper.  There are about three people that I could see writing fac fic about – Philip Carstairs, Alys McKendrick Giggone or one of the ladies from the environmental section.  The other idea revolves around a moment in my life when I was in the first grade!!!!!

Does that count?

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Catamounts Sports update:

WCU Baseball lost to Tennessee 5-1 last night, and will host Kennesaw State tonight in Cullowhee

thank you for sharing!!!!!  Smoochies!

I EAT CHEESE.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.