This topic contains 50 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Renee Jordan Renee Jordan 5 years ago.

What Infected scenes do you feel would be needed for the full experience to come across the big screen?

• Profile photo of Renee Jordan

Someone please throw this post in the Ancestor Pit, stat. The link is for some debt consolidation scam. 

**There ain’t no rest for the wicked, and money doesn’t grow on trees. I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, ain’t nothing in the life for free.**

Profile photo of Kate Silva

Consiguió hacer la escena en la que Perry saca el primer triángulo con las pinzas. Supongo que no es realmente un triángulo todavía, pero la cosa blanca en la pierna de Perry, y luego se aplasta en el espejo. Eso tiene que ser una gran escena.

Individual Voluntary Agreement

Profile photo of Pons Matal

seeing some of these old threads being resurrected lately. Tho I am some what biased when it comes to this thread. I agree, this scene would definitely set the tone and mood for the movie.

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

Profile photo of Conor Blackwood

Gotta make the scene where Perry pulls the first triangle out with the tweezers. I guess it’s not really a triangle yet, but the little white thing in Perry’s leg, and then he squishes it on the mirror. That has to be a big scene.

Profile photo of Evan Curry

that scene mad me bill was perrys only friend it was very emotional

Im a  friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a bitch!

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

Bill being cruciphied to the wall with steak knives is a must. No question.

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

Profile photo of Evan Curry

when the traingles rip out of her i love that part

Im a  friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a bitch!

Profile photo of J.P.

Just the other day I forgot where I lived.

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Jeffrey Moore

The whole phone taps with Triangle Murder Death Kill.  It was one of my favorite parts of the intro…..

When do I get my share of the loot?

Profile photo of Tony Faulkner

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

I’d forgotten about this thread!

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

Profile photo of Allie Rand

You need to have the scene where Perry murders Bill since Bill was like Perry’s only friend and it is a big part in the book since its one of the main reasons why Perry got in more trouble with the police and it shows how over the edge Perry had gotten. The bathroom scene should also be there since it was the first time Perry acually SAW a triangle of sorts in the book.

Bill is/was Perry’s lifeline/emotional check valve and Perry has a deep respect for him as a friend. Perry’s turning on Bill shows to what extent the triangles control via the induced paranoia has on a person. Even someone as strong willed as Perry. In comparison, imagine the influence they exert on the average person

“[No matter where you go, there you are] – And Sigler knows exactly where there is! ”

Profile photo of Papa Bear

Perry killing Bill in such a brutal way kinda shows just how bad off the infection has made him. i know he was a little twisted to begin with, but beating his best friend to death relays the paranoia and fear that the triangles have put into his mind.

Profile photo of James Keeling

Keep Bill.  Remember, this is not going to be a gore fest.  You heard it from the screenwriter himself that it’ll be a lot more about Perry’s inner struggle to keep his sanity… the more contrast you get between that and the real world outside, the better.

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Profile photo of Benno Rothschild

I disagree on Bill. The major part of Perry’s story is his descent into hell and without some sunlight and fellowship at the beginning of the story his journey won’t have the same impact. If he starts off isolated and then things get bad an essential part of his transformation would be missing

Profile photo of Ian Bahas

Maybe Margaret should discover and describe the effects as it’s happening to perry, such as when they discover the tentacle wrapped around the ear nerve (forgot the name), perry starts hearing the voices of the triangles 

-The OSU vs. Michigan game. 800 years of tradition and the rivalry is still strong as ever

I would like to be one of the green mold covered decomposed corpse’s in the BL4. Actually wouldnt need to do to much make up work on me! :)

“[No matter where you go, there you are] – And Sigler knows exactly where there is! ”

I agree they would have maintain the individual plot lines to stay true to the book and Scott’s writting style.

Profile photo of Jelani Anthony

well they have to include the whole perry part but they’ll probly cut out a ton from dew philips and the scientist. I hope they dont just make them a sideshow. one of the great things about the book was the three perspectives.

I play my Polkadot jets against your Plaid tanks!

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

Chasity, do not put that in your mouth!

We should be seeing something later on today. That is unless something comes up to screw with the time continuum today!

Profile photo of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

we might learn even more, if he releases that interview with the screen wirter

By the way, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What the FDO wants the FDO gets! Hopefully the FDO will get to do so that would be awesome! 

being infected brings it home. Not just adults but children also are being infected. That will bring the hate/disgust factor for the triangles to a whole new level.

Profile photo of Sean Ryan

I think one of the scenes that would translate real well on screen is when Margaret, Otto and Amos visit the home of Samantha Hester. The image of the kid coming out of the kitchen with the blue growth in his eye and firing the cap guns I think would stick with a lot of people once they walk out of the theater. It may not be as essential as the chicken scissors but it needs to be in the movie.

Profile photo of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

he even said he wants to play as that part.

By the way, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

in which Perry is mentally conversing with himself? This is an essential part of the story.

As an example if you’ve seen the movie Cujo, it pales in comparison to the book.  The reason being is in the book you get to follow Cujo’s ever increasing confusion and failing thought process as he succumbs to the rabies. Cujo’s mental self realizations are omitted in the movie. The movie portrays Cujo as a rabid killer while the book portrays him as a loving family pet becoming confused about his actions and behaviors while falling into the murderous dementia caused by the rabies.

Profile photo of john bennett

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

Martin Brewbaker

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

rodney carigton

view from inside the center of the stove burner as Perry sits down on it. It would show the triangle blinking in fascination before its fried!

Profile photo of JT Manis

There would have to be dingleberries to fit in with the Siglerine mood.

rodney carigton

rodney carigton

Profile photo of J.P.

But he doesn’t really need to play a major role. He just needs to make an appearance in a way that the junkies will see him.

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

Profile photo of Bonnie Hall

You would have to get a really good lead actor to play Perry…one with the soulful "my eyes can convey so much emotion".

because we will need to see his shock and revulsion, especially when he cuts off his own penis….! 

Profile photo of Bonnie Hall

That would be so F*&kin’ WIcked if the scene was shot right to see them opening their eyes. The voices should sound all tinny and raspy at the same time….also where Perry is limp-skipping away from his apartment to his car and the triangles start telling him there are more and they are hatching.Funky!

ouch!

is when Perry is explaining the concept of distance by showing the ruler to the triangle in his butt cheek.

rodney carigton

Or just a voice in his head? 

Maybe a cadaver in a morgue scene? No, that right, Scott’s the walking cadaver. Have Perry order a pizza and he can be the delivery guy.

Profile photo of J.P.

Sig needs to show up in a cameo in every movie they make from his books. Just like the King.

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

Profile photo of James Keeling

You gonna let em’ treat you like that boy? 

No Daddy

Why not you little pissant?

Cause I’m a Dawsey

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Profile photo of J.P.

is a peak in the book–I think Perry’s actions make it clear just how serious things are. It may have been his Dad who influenced him to avoid the hospital in general, but there was already more going on in his head… don’t believe me… just watch the scene!

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

rodney carigton

There has to be some awesome sound effects for those scenes also. Some slurpy, drippy, squishy and crunchy type noises.

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

it has potential if not in the right hands to be a corny scene. The blinking definately. And the rotting goop in his shoulder. and what red said. the hatching also.

G-Man

Rich man gets off work, then buys stereo. Not after f***ing brunch! – Mooj

the scene where perry pulls out the premie white triangle out of his leg and hearing the ligaments and muscle tear,then to see the well anchored hook claws wrench from beneath his skin and watch them come up and out of the hole on his leg just to see perry throw up as he gets close to the wound as he smells it,then just to watch him smack the drunkin microphone with his head and pass out. 

rodney carigton

Now that we know Infected has a director and the screenplay is going to be written. What scenes do you think would be critical in delivering the full impact of the story? Of course the Chicken Scissors scene is a given. But what about others? I myself feel the scene in which the Triangles open their eyes for the first time and blink, if shot right, would be a startling and un-nerving sight!  And the Triangle voices? Would they be just as creepy if they sounded different from what we are used to hearing? What do you think Junkies!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.