This topic contains 208 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ricky Craig Ricky Craig 3 years ago.

what game(s) are you currently playing?

• Profile photo of Ricky Craig

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Profile photo of Michael DeRose

So, Skyrim might be my favorite game of all time now…and then i found this video. Freaking amazing. She is going to make more now that the Reddit community is going nuts about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g&sns=em

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

Profile photo of Chris Bustamante

There have simply been way too many games out recently… here are the ones that I’m currently playing:

Skyrim

Dark Souls

Batman: Arkham City

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Saints Row 3

League of Legends

Dota 2

And this list doesn’t even include the ones in my backlog… ugh.

Profile photo of Gmork

I don’t want to pick up Skyrim just because everyone is raving about it! Not in a hipster I-don’t-like-what-everyone-else-is-liking kinda way but because of the number of hours people are getting sucked out of them playing it. I’m afraid I would start and not come up for air until it’s done… or I’m emaciated Surprised

Profile photo of Brandon Fletcher

i rented skyrim from the red box down the street, put about an hour and a half into it and was completely unimpressed. Everyone is telling me that this is the best game ever. can anyone give me some hope by telling me the first couple hours are very slow and then it becomes amazing?… maybe i will give it another try with all of my anticipation i would love to love this game =P

“And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it’s a great escape ……”

Profile photo of athanas

Never played Oblivion, but I spent a lot of hours on Morrowind.

Profile photo of athanas

I can’t really play Dante’s Inferno because the text is so small to begin with, let alone having to be read on a 10+ year old 32” tube tv.
    Same with Blood Bowl, though the text appears bigger, it all just melts together.

One of these years I might brave Black Friday to throw some elbows and try to get a decent new TV.

Profile photo of Crashmore

I’m working on Skyrim myself. Best game I have played in a long time. I’m countless hours in already and have barely moved on the main questline. I finished up the stormcloak stuff this weekend. I then took a break and played some Star Wars Old Republic during this weeks beta test. (I love bioware games). I think I’m going to get hooked on that once is goes live next month. Then of course I’ll be right there with you with ME3 having to make the same tough choice you refered to :) I’m pretty sure the chick from Chuck is going to win out in my case..

Profile photo of Mark Lewis

Hi, I’m ploughing through New Vegas (again), I’m just a sucker fo’ the post appocalyptic stuff :)

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

Which means my life is on hold for a while…

Photobucket

Profile photo of Jon Marsh

Batman: Arkam City, MW3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and Diablo 3 beta!!!

oops…. I pooped

I just got Skyrim about three days ago. Im already making progress. Im in the thieves guild, with mage,and warrior soon after. This game is great. Also, I finished Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty 3…total time spent was around 10hours. Shitty, crazy story. Next big game for me will be the Super Edition of Mass Effect 3. I am going to have difficult choices to make. The one chick from the first game, or the girl that is on the tv show chuck? I think the accent is going to win out. Tongue out

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

Gotta love the dancing with hot women and sinking lots of ships!!! Blackbeard ain’t shit…I like being captain of the Queen Anne’s Revenge!!! Combat Cook

Profile photo of Randy Hinckley

Only been waiting for three plus years… Kind of like Nocturnal

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

And I do mean Ouch! I cant do that… I needed an Elder Scrolls fix for a long time, and so far it has not disappointed.

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

Profile photo of Paul DeWig

Sick

Profile photo of Meg Marshall

I misread your post. :)

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

Profile photo of J.P.

Thanks to a certain ExotiKali, I’m hooked on Zombie Highway on the iPad. So is my 4yo son. Thanks Kali…he’s better at it than I am!

Just sayin’.

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

…my crappy old TV made it harder to play than it needed to be. It was definitely made for a high-def big screen! But I honestly can’t recommend it highly enough.

Gmork: At the start, it focuses on the small things – having a shower, getting dressed, playing with the kids – to the point where it starts to feel boring. STICK WITH IT! This is just a clever way of totally immersing you in the character’s life. After a while, you’ve done so many mundane things with those characters, you really feel like those characters are *you*.

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve heard nothing but good about that game. I wish it would at least be ported to PC, but then again, my old ass box probably isn’t anywhere near fast enough to play it.

I figure I’ll find a way to a PS3 in the future when I decide to get a blu-ray player, but I’ve got to upgrade TVs before I do that.

So what I’m saying, Gmork, is yeah, you should probably play it. :-p

Profile photo of Yuhri Miller

My wife just informed me that my copy of Skyrim is now officially a Christmas present and no I cannot just play it for a little bit on Friday. That woman is just plain mean sometimes…

If someone tries to kill you, you kill ‘em right back – Malcolm Reynolds

Profile photo of Gmork

Mr Gmork and I bought Heavy Rain but have yet to make it very far into the game. After reading your posts, I think I’m going to nudge him to play it again. Mr Gmork usually plays the games while I sit in the couch and freak out Surprised

You’re given the choice to back out of most challenges, but if you do, you have less chance of saving the boy. Some of the challenges are truly harrowing and the options you’re given would violate most people’s moral codes, but the question is always “How far would you go to save your child’s life”?

The other characters get tough choices, too. You can help the FBI agent kick his drug habit (or not) – on drugs he’s more efficient, but his addiction is literally killing him. You can stop the police bashing a suspect (or not), risk your life saving a woman from a sinking car (or just save yourself)… In one part I had to choose between snooping in a shoebox (containing evidence that would have blown the case apart), or administering emergency medication – I chose to save the guy’s life and lost the option to look in the box. Much of it is time-limited, so you’re making snap decisions under real pressure.

It lets you make lots of small, instinct-driven decisions as well – like when I was given a drink by a guy who really creeped me out, I chose not to drink it. Turns out the drink was drugged. Obviously much of the core storyline is set in stone, but the degree to which you can manipulate it is phenomenal. Apparently there’s 22 different endings.

EA servers kinda suck… seems like there are connection problems quite often… but the graphics on this thing just blew me away. multiplayer is fun and doesnt seems to get old with the seemingly ever expanding maps and campaign mode was a bit frustrating i kept getting killed seems like i was spending too much times being amazed by the realism in the backgrounds, streets and buildings and too little time watching the enemies sneaking up to stab me in the throat….

Profile photo of Gmork

… during parts of Resident Evil 4. There was one part in the beginning when you come across an injured dog and you have no idea if its friend or foe. Mr Gmork and I were playing it and had a massive moral discussion about whether or not we should free the dog and risk being bitten and infected or to dispatch the dog. It felt real. We rescued the dog and it ended up being the right decision (as he helps you out later) but that was the first time we had come across moral issues in a video game. I’ve watched my brother play Fable II and that looks like ALL KINDS of moral issues are embedded!

Profile photo of Doug Rapson

Beat em up ! Beat em up ! Ra-Ra-Ra !

I’ve *never* been so emotionally invested in a game! I suffered genuine panic, fear, heartbreak and nausea. It has multiple storylines and endings, so every decision (or mistake) you make changes the outcome.

It’s a detective/thriller story – a man’s son is kidnapped by a serial killer and you need to find the clues to save the boy. Throughout the game you play as the father, an FBI agent, a private investigator and a journalist – each uncovering different parts of the puzzle. There’s counters and stopwatch challenges and a lot of the events happen in real time, so there’s a constant feeling of urgency.

This game has been around for a fair while and won a bunch of awards. I can’t believe I only just discovered it! The controls are a bit painful and take some getting used to, but it’s brilliant in EVERY other respect. If you’re into detective stories, thrillers, adventure games, etc, I highly recommend it. Not for the faint-hearted!

youre gonna make me break out the super nintendo….

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

Profile photo of Stefani Robinson

Trying to finish the damned ranks in this Halloween game before it disappears next week. Been taking up all my spare time all month.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

Profile photo of Darrin Vice

Playing Oblivion and Fallout 3 GOTY while waiting for Skyrim! 11*11*11

Profile photo of Brady Chapman

its just so hella awsome getting a whole new console rig ( from xbox to PS3) and a new tv for my 18th and im going to try all those great ps3 games ive never gotten to play killzone 3, risistance, littlebigplanet, and heavy rain

all thanks to some asshole who very nearly killed me in his blazer (doctor suprised i didnt die) thanks for the 25k fucker

BlackShard Syndicate ShardBorn Forever!

Profile photo of Twainy

… nine days until MW3

is now completed. The story was so-so and felt short. The multiplayer is like any other current shooter. So i would say, dont buy this unless you really want to. I am kind of disappointed, but I did get it for free. Until the next set of games come out, Im going to be back playing some World of Tanks and Eve Online. If anyone else plays and wants to team up, let me know.

Profile photo of Byron Metz

A very well fed Fizzgig!

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

Profile photo of Gmork

It reminds me of Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal.

I can’t get enough of those little angry bastards.

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

I just went out and got Battlefield 3 for free (thanks best buy man!) I plan on getting skyrim, modern warfare, and MASS EFFECT 3 (HUGE FAN) when they come out.. Besides BF3, I still play World of Tanks often and Eve online. Both are great and if you need a corp in eve, let me know. fun times.

Waiting for Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and Lego Harry Potter 2 (The Wookie and I play together)

Just got Assassin’s Creed 1 and 2 and Eternal Sonata, so I’ll be playing through them until then.

Profile photo of Mary Garrett

Not liking it as much as Assassins Creed. Having to make money to fix up my dilapidated vila and run errands for my mother is too much like real life. What’s Uncle Mario’s problem anyway that he can’t do all that. Doesn’t he know I’ve got people to kill and whores to buy? Don’t even get me started on the weapons. In the good old days all we needed was a big sword, our hidden blade, and some throwing knives. What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

should get my copy today, i will probably get home around 8pm tonight and stay up way past when i should and be tired as hell at work for the rest of the week…. reminds me i have to pick up some mountain dew and snacks on the way home, this game has me giddy like a child… a child armed with an rpg, assault riffle, and a smile…

Profile photo of Yuhri Miller

I was so stoked when I found out this was coming out. It was one of my favorites on pc, the story is great and the gameplay was killin’ for the time. So far it has not dissapointed. I just finished Battlefield Bad Company 2. I love the “unintended” comedic quips from Hags. The gameplay is great also. I really like the challenge of finding all the colectable weapons.

If someone tries to kill you, you kill ‘em right back – Malcolm Reynolds

Picked it up at Target for 9.98 for the 360. I enjoy riding my horse around the kingdom, climbing towers, then jumping off them. And killing people of course. What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

Profile photo of Andreas Kimming

my second time but with a harder setting and i try do accomplish more this time around.

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

File:Poke the Goozim with a Stick.jpg

Combat Cook

Profile photo of Avinjer

Upgraded the video card in my gamer and now the power supply isn’t big enough. New one on order.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

It is a card game. There is a real game you can get, but I’ve been playing the digital version. Pretting interesting strategy.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of chucky Perry

im playing and loving dead island

halo reach too add me

Profile photo of Adam Brady

PC games im playing now, are (a little out dated, but still fun)

Far Cry 2

Fallout 3

Alpha Prime

those are just the ones out of the many i have for PC that im spending time on now.

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve got about 8 hours of gameplay in this week and I’m pretty much at a “…that’s it?” point with the game. I heard a lot of big things about this game but I’m just not really seeing any of it.

Profile photo of GJ

& told her that Mommy said it was ok and that he can’t talk to strangers
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of jerry groff

bulletstorm just for the purpose of leashing someone and then kicking them into an exploding barrel….and catching up on mass effect 2 in prparation for the 3rd! WOOOOOOO!

Profile photo of jerry groff

bulletstorm just for the purpose of leashing someone and then kicking them into an exploding barrel….and catching up on mass effect 2 in prparation for the 3rd! WOOOOOOO!

Profile photo of Avinjer

A lot of scenarios I thought I recongnized fron 3d but I can’t be sure because it’s been so long. It may not be on the same level as the newer crop of FPS games but it sure was fun to play. Parts of it were difficult enough to be temporaraly maddening but not impossible. And plus, there’s strippers.

Profile photo of athanas

it’s apparently a retelling of Journey to the West with robots ‘n shit.
    still kinda kicking myself when it was on sale for $15 and I found a way to talk myself out of it.

Profile photo of athanas

I never played it beyond 2, but being a zombie fan, there’s not much of an excuse for that.

I’ve also heard part 4 on the gamecube is quite possibly the best game in the series.

Profile photo of athanas

heard a lot of mixed reviews on this one. I’m not expecting something some sort of earth shattering FPS, but if it flows like Duke Nukem 3D, I’ll add it to the list of getting.

Profile photo of Stefani Robinson

This is my game, has always been my game, and will always be my game. At least until they stop coming out with sequels to it that suck.

Note, it is way more difficult on the Wii than any other platform. For once I actually have to work at it.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

Profile photo of Twainy

It’s a terrible game but it made me want to watch the movie ….

Profile photo of

I’m playing it on the XBox360. Frickin’ awesome. Super cinematic. I have it on “easy” level because it’s just some escape a few minutes at a time when I get maxed out with NOCTURNAL. The opening sequence, however, is one of the most gripping things I’ve experienced in any entertainment format — movies, TV, books or games. Really amazing.

Profile photo of Jason Banks

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Record of Agarest War Zero, infinite undiscorvery

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of Evan Curry

its old but its still realy good

~~There are many types of heros, I am one who just happens to eat brains~~

[flickr-photo:id=3725861718,size=m]

Profile photo of Avinjer

And I don’t care what teh reviews say, I thought it was great.

Profile photo of Jason Banks

dead nation, tales of the abyss, rogue galaxy, dragon age 2, infamous, and am waiting for gears 3, dungeon siege 3, and arkam city

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of Pons Matal

The Witcher 2, pretty awesome so far :)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

Profile photo of Richard Read

sotonrich – hit me up for a game :)

“Go Detroit on it!”

He does play a good game.

Doc

Profile photo of Belladonna420

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Profile photo of Gmork

I’m CJWellman on Words With Friends :)

All it takes is one momentary lapse – “I’ll just take a break for an hour or two…” – and all my responsibility goes out the window. Next thing I know, I’m 80hrs in, unemployed and the kids haven’t eaten for five days. Sadly, I must be growing up, because I dared not start it on the weekend. Too many deadlines. *sigh*

Profile photo of GJ

Are you sure you didn’t already register and then forget??

Profile photo of athanas

you say “if I get a spare moment”, yet say you’re going to start an RPG? Whatchu talkin’ about, del?

who’s impersonating me on Words with Friends, then put the fear of the FDO in her!!!

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Profile photo of athanas

Who’s ass we gotta beat?

so I’m “Belladonna.420″. Undecided

…I’ll be starting Star Ocean: The Last Hope (International). I bought the damn thing a month ago and haven’t even looked at it yet!

Profile photo of Pons Matal

And Wolfie will kick your butt! Well at least he does mine. :)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

Profile photo of Avinjer

I can personally vouch that coach has been playing Words with Friends. :D

Doc

But she’s got to come over here first. :D

Doc

Profile photo of Wolf

coach_roark

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan, Friend of Junkies everywhere

Profile photo of Wolf

Ollie shoulda shot her just to be sure!

Profile photo of Twainy

xBox meltdown was caused by … drum roll please … COD … no surprise there, eh?

Profile photo of Allyson Bower

don’t judge me! i a sucker for those Zynga games. they are too cute and the new buildings and missions keep me addicted. (if anyone else on here plays… im looking for more neighbors…)

Profile photo of athanas

…you will be.

Doc

Profile photo of GJ

I let O play it, but I got told off by an old woman yesterday for it!

Profile photo of athanas

Zombie game that I was not told about?

…is this just because my phone is obsolete? Don’t hate on me just because I can only play Frogger…

Profile photo of J.P.

Oh boy s this addictive! CB and I have been olaying it since exotiKali recommended it at SiglerFest. POWERFUL addictive!

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Erika Hoel

Because I can’t get my hands on a copy of Portal 2 just yet. >.>

— You’re not negative! You’re just positively challenged.

Profile photo of Crashmore

I just picked up the witcher 2 and am enjoying it. The difficulty is a tad rougher than I’m used to at the normal setting so I’m finding it a bit challenging. After finishing up dragon age the witcher combat system is a bit of a shock to the system; you can’t juts button mash your way through it. I’m not very far in yet but so far this is one of the better adult rpgs I’ve played in a while

Profile photo of GJ

Don’t make me come over there!!

So Android has that going for it. ;D

Doc

Profile photo of GJ

Ha ha ha ha ha!

At least on the iPhone. I may have to go look.

Doc

Profile photo of GJ

I just hand it to my 4 year old and BAM it’s dealt with!

Profile photo of athanas

I’ll get stuck on a certain level for days, then finally figure it out, blow through the next couple of stages, then get stuck again.
    It’s a painful process.

Profile photo of GJ

for android so I thought it was well worth the punt

Is there any value in getting RIO? Seems kind of redundant.

Doc

I get so pissed I can’t play anymore! Yell

Profile photo of GJ

So addictive.. can’t eat, can’t sleep!

I still need to do some of the areas in the Portal 2 Co-op play. And some of the Advanced maps in Portal are blowing my mind. I just can’t see how to move forward.

I think I’ll be picking up more Portal 2 achievements than Portal Achievements.

Doc

Profile photo of Avinjer

I’m loving Portal 2. I finished the single player, now I’m going back through to try to pick up the achievements I missed.

Ok, well not NOW… but you know what I mean…

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

Just got it for my PSP. This is an addicting little bastard of a game.

Profile photo of Brandon Pearce

Anyone else play it? Oh man it’s free and I’m hooked.

Profile photo of steveANARCHY

trade it in b4 the 2012 comes out. i wanna get more than $7 store credit for it. what team do you play with?

HM-THE ROOKIE

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m] Undead WARLORD

“SHIT adds up at the bottom!” ~ JMK

Profile photo of Yannyman

It is making me want to stab thiiings

Profile photo of athanas

Fucker! >:-(
    Another game to the library that I can’t play until I upgrade TVs because the menus are too goddamn small to make out.

Profile photo of Shawn Laing

I just hid a bunch of plastic eggs and other Easter goodies for my sleeping daughter, and I even put some of them right beside her head. I can be quite ninja-like when the occasion calls for it.

Soon to be starring in NOCTURNAL by Scott Sigler. The autograph line starts to the right.

Profile photo of Alex Miller

Vin Diesel in a game!?! HELL YEAH!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

Take it to the Randomness & Tangenital Thought Patterns page ya long hair!

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of GJ

I’m rooting for you every day!! FB if you want to chat x

Or it sounds three lefts to me.

Soon to be starring in NOCTURNAL by Scott Sigler. The autograph line starts to the right.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but three lefts do. Combat Cook

I’m still playing 2011 as well. I tend to not play as much during the season, but from now until August I plan on getting many quality hours in.

Does that mean you’re bringing it back to life? If dead is a negative state, and killing is negative, wouldn’t the negatives cancel each other out and become positive (life)?

Gotta love a game where you kill zombies. Then again can you kill something that is dead? Does it become deader then? Can it become more dead? Gotta love zombie philosophy 101! LaughingCombat Cook

switching from call of duty: black ops and red dead redemption

HM-THE ROOKIE

Gotta love sending a soldier on a suicide mission to save the rest of the team! Combat Cook

Profile photo of Wolf

On the losing side right now

Profile photo of Keith Sims

wife and sister finally talked me into joining the online world of WOW tried to avoid it cause I figured it would be, for me anyway, like evercrack and I was right first weekend playing and I have already been on for over 15 hours lol

Profile photo of Avinjer

It was on the bottom shelf under the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood that we’ve been looking for.

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve had my eye on that game for awhile but have yet to pull the trigger on it (no pun intended).

Profile photo of Avinjer

It also came with the sequel for $10. Older games are still fun.

Profile photo of athanas

It would be the pig, hands down. When eating been, chicken, or turkey, regardless of cut, you know you’re eating that animal because it tastes like that animal.
    The pig is so magical that each part tastes like a different piece of heaven.

Profile photo of athanas

but so convinced was I that Uncle Sam was going to shove a fist up my ass this year, I didn’t even want to know wht damage.
    Then it just turned out that I’m a putz and got my “taxes” and “penalties” switched, so my refund was only minus the few hundred I actually expected to owe.

You need to do them early and file them late if you owe. Ok, not late, late, but right at the deadline.

Doc

Damn their little piggy smiles!

Profile photo of Wolf

moved over to Donkey Kong.

Uhm…..anyone got a quarter?

BACON, ham, & pork shops. oh how i love the let me count the ways.

1. fried

2. bbq’d

3. braised

4. grilled

5. slow cooked

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of athanas

Every part of the pig makes awesome!
    It’s a noble animal.

Profile photo of athanas

I’m kicking myself in the ass for waiting until last Saturday to do it as I was so sure I would end up owing this year…turns out I’m still getting a pretty solid chunk back. Eye r dum.

Doc

BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of Gmork

I love playing Angry Birds but I can only do it in small doses. I find it really irritating when, upon unsuccessfully slinging my birds at the pigs, those smug little pigs smile and do their little snort laugh. It makes me so…..ANGRYYell

Not much fun but you win money if you beat it.

What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

Profile photo of athanas

haven’t had a chance to play it yet, but am hoping to sitting for a bit tonight or tomorrow.

Combat Cook

It was on sale in the Playstation Store and after buying it, it’s dug its claws into me. Now I know what the buzz was about many months ago.

i’m shelving the game for now and i’ll play it at a later date.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of Brennan Bova

I dunno. There’s just something about shooting out a window and watching mutated zombie alien things get sucked out into space that…. speaks to me on a delicately primal level.

i’ve played DA2 it’s a lot of fun. dead space 2 however i’ve played the 1st one and really liked it but the new one is like the 1st one but with a few new weapons, i haven’t just been able to get into it like i did the 1st one. not sure about the other games.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of Brennan Bova

I’ve been bouncing madly back and forth between Bust-A-Move, Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2, and Super Monkey Ball.

The game isn’t moving fast enough.

Doc

Profile photo of GJ

Combat Cook

i originally said the game wasn’t bad, i’m gonna stick with that due to the fact that i like to destroy baddies with all of furry of a thousand gods. what i feel they got wrong, the antagonist didn’t transform over the corse of the game. he felt very stagnate. the story itself didn’t get me hooked early on. maybe b/c killing the evil hordes of vampires, lycan, zombies, etc. as holy crusader just seemed all to blah. the combat system seemed to a lil’ to over the top and felt a bit clunky. it had way to many moves while i only used the same move over and over and over again to get the job done. the puzzles felt like they were just thrown in at random times. finally, the main character is supposed to be some sort of savior and has to go where no mortal has gone before, so throughout the game you find gems and the like to help advance his cause, off of dead allies bodies. my issue with this is if i’ve gone further than any mortal has ever gone how can i keep finding my fallen brothers ahead of where i’m at and looting their bodies to advance in the game. little things like this can, for me, make the story just average or great. what they did right was the graphics of this game, there is some really stunning artwork in it. they took a few things from other games that were and made it their own in a new light. so all in all if they adjust a few things here and there like the voice acting for the MC, the sequel has a chance to be great. this game doesn’t have a high replay value for me.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of athanas

for Rockstar. The sandbox idea can work in an infinite number of settings and it CAN work when serious.
    The problem is GTA has always been so tongue in cheek, when they tried to make that specific franchise a little more high brow it turned a lot of people off.

Impose a time limit! Turns shouldn’t take that long!

Doc

Going old school even…the board game version! Combat Cook

the story for me was eh. i think it was because they hyped the single player campaign, i feel that john milius didn’t come through on the writing aspect and THQ failed to deliver too. the campaign was way short and just felt incomplete to me. the multiplayer was okay, i feel they can improve on what they have started.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of David Taylor

I agree, GTA4 was a big let down to me. They tried to make it more realistic…thats not what I want out of my GTA. Sure update the graphics and engine but don’t try to get all serious on me. Hell most of the fun I have had in the entire GTA series is just getting into a car and running people over while running from the cops. I think I need to pick GTA:SA back up, thought I really liked VC.

I am fixing to dive into homefront because the story really seems to grab at me.

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

or else not worth getting a ps3, heavy rain is good game

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of athanas

but can’t justify getting a PS3 just for one game (right now, anyway; when I’m in the market for a blu-ray payer, I may pick one up, but I need a TV that’s not 10 years old first).

they created this new technology to make the game, the main characters and story line characters are all actors that were recorded so it captures all their facial animations and little ticks and what not. i have my copy pre-ordered. i’m thinking it’s going to be a great mixture of heavy rain and grand theft auto. only time will tell.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of athanas

Don’t want to get my hopes up because I really, really want it to be a mind blowing game.

I haven’t played GTA IV, but GTA:SA is the best one so far. That’s why I bought a copy of it for my laptop (before my technical problems) and another copy for my PS2 (for the second time).

Copy #38 of The Rookie, copy #126 of The Starter, copy #(please not 3001) of The All-Pro

Profile photo of athanas

I’m hoping 5 is a step up from 4…I played it for a weekend, did a couple dozen missions and haven’t played it since.

I’m re-playing GTA:SA on my PS2 and I’ve bought (for the second time) GTA:LCS on my PSP. Fun times ahead!

Copy #38 of The Rookie, copy #126 of The Starter, copy #(please not 3001) of The All-Pro

Picked it up from a bargain bin at the game shop. They should have thrown in straight into the recycle bin. It’s basically one long cut-scene, interspersed with mundane and frustratingly repetitive gameplay.

I’m a huge Final Fantasy, Zelda, etc, RPG fan. Got sucked in by the similar-looking pictures on the cover. Don’t be fooled – Final Fantasy’s ‘Game Over’ graphic is more fun than this game’s best fight scene.

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

what you think about this one?

HM-THE ROOKIE

so i’m gonna say that GOW, blows both Conan and Dante’s inferno away. if you like those types of games check out Darksiders.

HM-THE ROOKIE

can’t wait.

HM-THE ROOKIE

what about homefront? the writer of the game wrote apocalypse now and red dawn. so i’m looking forward to that game.

HM-THE ROOKIE

i’ve had red dead redemption for awhile now, played a lil bit here and there but haven’t yet get deep into it. i like fallout: new vegas but i think i liked fallout 3 better.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Profile photo of EDDY JONES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

check it out, it’s freakin awesome

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

Profile photo of Yannyman

On the Black Ops gravy train £21 was a price I couldnt resist

Sam Fisher would fit right into the Siglerverse.

Profile photo of athanas

John got a raw deal.

I just hope that with the success of Undead Nightmare (still yet to play, I hate to say it; don’t have my network set up at home so I’m not on Live) that Rockstar will give some thought to a RDR/GTA style sandbox zombie game.

I’ve been waiting for a game like that for at least a decade.

Profile photo of Stephen Wood

I concur with the Fisher reference, old skool special services kinda gritty take no shit kinda guy

Just seeing how much of a … to put it in terms of the starter; a shucking hoss Sam Fisher is, it leads me to believe that there might be a connection with one Colonel Paul Fischer… in all but the spelling of name lol.

New Vegas is awesome too, I’m on my third attempt 90 hours total playing it at the momentUndecided I think I need to get out more

called “Surviving High School.” I’ve been homecoming king, been given a car twice for good grades, but still can’t figure out how to beat Wilson High as the back-up QB for my team.

Profile photo of Emily Cano

I just finished Red Dead Redemption this morning. I’ve also been playing Fallout New Vegas on and off between school.

I see a lot of people playing Words with Friends. Not sure I want to get into it as my time is tight enough as it is.

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

I soiled myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg&feature=player_embedded

Profile photo of athanas

how badly I want this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b78TKZIyw&feature=player_embedded

Prodogy for the sound track, best song for the game since Stabbing Westward.

is awesome, Halo 2 not as much but hey they can’t get it right all the time

Profile photo of EDDY JONES

It’s just so damned awesome. “Two men enter, one survives and the other is re spawning; that’s halo” People go on about black ops but it’s really not that original

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

Deus Ex – Human Revolution

I’m really hoping it makes up for invisible war which was a big bucket of arse!

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

I have something you might be interested in in that case. I posted about it here http://www.scottsigler.com/node/3105 Cool
    – Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

I tend to go through spurts: play for a couple months, then cancel my membership for a couple months. I think I’m getting the urge to sign back up again, but since I think my account may have been hacked while I was gone, (again) I may not even bother. Level 80 and over $25k in gold all gone would pretty much suck all the joy out of it for me.

Profile photo of athanas

haven’t actually played any of the GoW games, but from all the reviews I’ve seen of both, it’s a very, very similar game (ala Dante’s Inferno, which I have yet to put more than an hour into because I can’t read any of the tiny-ass menu fonts).

If you’re into hack’n’slash/beat’em ups, it’s worth the investment, especially when you can score it for $5 at Game Stop.

Profile photo of nilling

I played DN after Doom would not mind having anothe look ;0

aka nilling

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

As a warlock, I mostly just run around throwing the same four spells over and over again. Kinda reminds me why I tend to take breaks from the game that last several months.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I’m all outa gum

Profile photo of Avinjer

I’ve lost track of how many years they’ve been promising the new version.

last night. Getting pretty good on defense, but still can’t put it in the endzone on offense. Can’t even kick PATs or field goals. Now I need to go play a game where all I need to do is shoot things or drive people off the road.

Profile photo of Gavin Liquorish

I know it’s old! but after seeing the trailer for the new Duke Nukem Forever I got the old one out.

I’d forgotten how much fun it was.

Shit happens!

Get over it!

Any good?

I can throughly NOT recomend Front Line Combat Evolved, what a pile of wank. BRING BACK MECHWARRIOR!

But absolutely hated the new one, EA active 2. Complete waste of time and money. I want to try Zumba for wii, but am waiting to hear what my friend says about hers.

Profile photo of athanas

Sure, it’s a God of War clone, but it’s got Ron Perlman as Conan!!!

Profile photo of GJ

and sneaky Mario Kart in between

I think its because I’m too impacient, I like RPG games but ones where you set up and go i.e Fallout.

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

I’m not one of those folks who plays for 6 hours a day, every single day though. I will play for an hour or two at the most, sometimes going for days between sessions.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

It could have been cool if they would have let you go “off the deep end” bad.

All except double agent, which was a bit pants but still a good game.

Currently playing Fallout New Vegas

I know it’s a bit old but I just scored a 360 a few weeks ago. I “love, love, love.” Splinter Cell. Compared to the older ones I think you get to just whack people in this version. At least I haven’t figured out how to just knock them out yet. I’ve tried Madden 11, but really, really suck at it.

For me i’m playing ncaa football 2011. anxiously waiting for fallout: new vegas & fable 3! Just curious as to what people are playing out there. i’m lucky and have both gaming consoles. one day i might move over to PC gaming i hear it’s da’ bomb diggity

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.