This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of The Hammer The Hammer 6 years, 6 months ago.

What do we want in our feeds?

• Profile photo of The Hammer

…though I don’t find it too difficult to deal with now. I use iTunes and an iPod, and smart playlists let me organise my Sigler stuff as necessary. More than anything, I appreciate the standardised naming of the feed items so I can use my smart playlists like that. [I think, therefore I’m right. -Hugo Rune]

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

I’ve no idea why our FDO has kept with a single feed for so long. I think it’s because he’s a tech tard ;) It has to be seriously annoying to newbies when they hop aboard the Sigler express to have to sort out which book is which. I know it aggravated me a bit when I started way back when……

Profile photo of rory angus

Hi Scott, 

I hope you get this message and it finds you well. 

I have been listening to you and your work for the longest time now and I really appreciate all that you do. It is a shame that the backwater that I live in does not benefit for having you be able to pop over and spread your new religion in person, but I do understand that there is a time and cost thing to take into account. 

To get to the point, I am writing in response to your call for thoughts regarding extra content in your feed. 

Personally, I like getting your rants and raves and hearing about the stuff that you are up to. I also trust your taste and so would be willing to give your recommendations a go.

However, I think that you should create several RSS feeds so that we can choose what we subscribe to and manage our content that way. 

One of the biggest issues I have is that my Nocturnal feed is polluted with all this other stuff. I would rather that you segmented your content into different feeds that I could then choose to subscribe to or not. 

For example, I use a Zune for my destination device and the software has now downloaded all this extra and old stuff that I don’t want because it is still in the feed listing, the rookie, infected, rants and raves etc. I would much rather just have a feed for Nocturnal contain the Nocturnal Stuff. It makes it much easier to see when a update has been posted (on time and budget, 18 years straight).

So as an example, I would create the following feeds: 

• Nocturnal
    • Infected
    • Scott’s Rants and Updates
    • Scott’s Recommendations
    • The Rookie
    • Earthcore
    • Ancestor
    • Blood Cast
    • Fan Content

This means that the content is nicely stored on my computer, in my Zune and additionally I can easily copy the complete book and distribute it to my mates as part of my effort to convert more converts to your cause. 

Keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting you when you finally make it to Oz. 

I woudl love to know what others think and how it impacts their listening pleasure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.