This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Peter Braat Peter Braat 6 years, 3 months ago.

Website logo banner thing

it looks all finished, You should put that up. Wink

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Here is what I have figured out in blender so far: [img_assist|nid=1489|title=Work in progress banner|desc=|link=node|align=center|width=350|height=219]

I don’t think I will have time to work on it this weekend. So if anybody wants to give I a try until the next weekend – drop me a note so I can send you a copy of the blender file. Used only 100% free software on that.

Cheers!

Paul.

Paul, here’s the thread where the current science discussion is happening. It starts about 1/3 the way down, about the book Singularity.

"Everything takes longer than it does." –Me

Those two have been batting the idea around due to the science behind BD’s book Singularity. The direct link to Sig is they’re both junkies. The discussion is being fueled by Singularity, but it’s about science. Since Sig folds lots of science into his books, he might just agree to allow a little server space for the discussion. It could actually be a “Science” forum with a few threats that Sig can call out right up front–the science behind the stories kind of thing. This would be an “other science” kind of discussion. At least until Sig folks some hard core physics into one of his stories/books!

I’ll punt you the thread where the chatting’s going in a sec…

tell me more

Any chance there can be a thread to support a science discussions with Bill DeSmedt and treed??? Not sure if you’ve seen that discussion, but assume you might have. FDO likes science!

The changes will have some effect on the site-performance. No new features will be added. I am toying with the idea to start some sort of tech-cast (screencast perhaps) to keep you in the loop whats going on on the server/software side…

Cheers!

Paul.

I’m sure whatever the change is, it’ll be good!

that would be an option, unfortunately i don’t have the original files. Let’s see if i will get to this this weekend. Got some other stuff to do on the server side, so not sure if I will have the time.

Cheers!

Paul.

Paul, if you want to continue plugging the novel, maybe only a small change is called for (e.g. “BUY SCOTT SIGLER’S NOVEL INFECTED IN STORES NOW” and change the image to the chicken scissors).

I’ve been toying with Blender in the past days. I will try to recreate the banner image if I will be bored this week.

Cheers!

Paul.

Dear Mr. FDO™,

I would like to ask you if maybe you can think about changing the upper logo banner thing.

It says Scott’s Hardcover debut Infected in stores April 1

Shouldn’t you change that to in stores now.

Or something similar. Because we are way past April 1st and Infected is released so it’s not really accurate anymore.

Your loyal addicted junkie (as always),

Pjotr NL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.