This topic contains 39 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of James Keeling James Keeling 5 years, 10 months ago.

Washington DC Book Stop

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

You wanna see Soupbone Da Wonder Pimp?  Get ya skinny ass down to Dragon Con.  At H-Town during the Infected tour it was awesome enough just to have the great one…

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Gimme a sec to grab my magic carpet…brbWink

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

7 hours away. Could you swing by and pick me up???

WOOF, WOOF

That would be a slice of awesome, but I think SoupBone is exclusive to DragonCon

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

be making an appearance?

WOOF, WOOF

Do I feel a completely horrific sinus infection coming on?  Why, yes … I think I do.
    Boss, I need a couple of days off to get over this horrible sinus thingy.  I will NOT be in our nation’s capital enjoying the extensive museums of the Smithsoninan Institute (or even the Jeffersonian and Boothe’s tight ass) while my husband sucks up Glenlivet with the Future Dark Overlord and assorted minions.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Hoist a Glenlivet for me.  Or some Padrone.  Good scotch or good tequila and I’ll thank you for it.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Bring on the butter! 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

Cause if you were toasty, you would be *me*

(I totally need to bring that avatar back)

We are just that awesome. And hot. But not toasty, no, never toasty.

that Canadian women through off, (at least the ones I’ve seen), it’s a great wonder that there’s ever any snow up here. 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

– “I just did something involuntary. And messy.” – Sid

is Balston-MU in Arlington. It’s about 2.5 miles from the bookstore. (That’s assuming the bookstore is the Borders on 5th Rd. South (or Glen Carlyn Rd.) There are also two other stations within three miles of the store. Not a bad walk if the weather is permissive. I don’t recall if there’s a Metro Bus stop closer, but I suspect there is. If so, take the rail to the nearest station and grab a transfer to the bus.

But in all honesty, it’s just one huge cover-up for what we’re truly plotting.

Yeppers.  I’ve printed out and looked at a few maps trying to figure out the best way to get from an airport over to the general vicinity of the signing.  I spent a week or so in DC last year and stayed in Alexandria, so I got kind of used to the area.  At least I’d be comfortable on the metro.   

but you can bet I will!!!!! Hopefully soon. Laughing

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Honestly, It’s gotta suck when your national icon to the rest of the world is Dudley Doo-rite and the rest of us are led to believe that your country is peopled entirely by hapless mounties, lovely damsels in distress (yes you are lovely), and evil, but witless villians with the funky mustaches….

Scotch it is – Glenlivet or something else?

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

But work interferes for her, and I was planning on going from airport to Junkie Heaven and then straight back to the airport…  Hotels are expensive, and I’m still waiting for my Junkie royalty checks to start rollin’ in…

Bring the wife along.  Get a hotel room and visit the Smithsonian for a couple of days.  Make it worth her while and she won’t complain that you’re off smoking crack with the junkeees for a couple of hours.
    Tastes Like Chicken

I’m really gonna have to work to convince the wife to let me go too.  I’m already heading down to H-town and doing the local one…  She’s givin’ me the eye saying DC might be a bit too much, but what can I say, I’m a junkie!

Georgetown is the only liveable area in DC.
    Other than that, you’ve got the scariest fucking slums outside of Calcutta and some impressive marble tombs.
    If offered an opportunity, people live in Virgina and Maryland.  They don’t live in DC.
    Tastes Like Chicken

And have a book signing, I’d just have to boot scoot and boogie up there and have you make me a cake or something!

right here in the open, by PM, or another venue–Irwin M. Fletcher, you choose…

Never really ordered a gin…   it’ll be interesting…

I’d offer to pick you up on my way, but I don’t honestly know if I’m going to drive around in there or just park and ride the line in.  Driving in D.C. usually works me up into an almost homicidal rage.  Which oddly enough seems almost an approriate mood for this event.  hmm….

I’m not sure anyone actually lives in DC. They just go there to… well, anyway. Shadygirl, CB and I spent seven years the the DC area in the recent past, but moved. And now I need to be there to go to the frackin’ bookstore… You guys better buy the joint out, then destroy a few pubs and think of me! I’ll have gin.

I don’t see a lot of traffic from DC Junkies on the site… we see quite a bit from the areas around dc, but not dc…  why is that?

I’m already heading down to Houston and hitting the signing here in Minneapolis, so it’s a stretch, but I might be able to swing DC too…

Looks like that day will work for me… let me know!

It shouldn’t be too difficult to grab the metro and head out west…  would you be coming from the north or the south?

I was thinking of going to the D.C. signing as well…I’m only a little over an hour away.  D.C. is such a mess that it would make sense to catch a metro line into the city instead of driving…I need to check the dates, but I would totaly spot you ride, Junkie brother!!

It’s all about the great DC Metro!  Ride the Metro!  You don’t need a car!  The Metro will get you where you need to go!  

Ha!

About 4 miles to the Pentagon City, Van Dorn, and West Falls Church metro stations!

Equidistant even!  Ain’t no way I’m walkin’ 4 miles in the wintertime!  Anybody?

Hey all you DC Junkies!  I’m thinking about heading out that way for the signing…  Any chance of anyone being able to give me a ride from the Airport?  Probably Ronald Reagan…..  Alternately, I could catch the metro and work my way over towards where the signing is…  I’m just tryin’ to see if it might be a "doable thing"…. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.