This topic contains 28 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of athanas athanas 3 years, 4 months ago.

Warrior Dash!

looks like a kick in the ass.

We just finished cleaning up (yes, mud in the ears and everywhere else) and this was a total blast! Yes, it was hard, it was muddy, but I am really proud of myself and no broken bones! The weather was glorious and everyone was having so much fun. The 12 ft wall was really hard. I made it to the top but couldn’t figure out how to get over and down, the mud was deep and the fire jump was hot! They should have pictures and videos up later in the week. I’ll be sure to post my moments of triumph (like the complete somersault at the bottom of the slippery slope (Best. Slip n’ Slide. Ever!!)
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

thanks for sharing!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

No jewlwery (the mud eats that too) and the showers were provided by the local fire department. Good times!

For the Manicorn. Probably won’t be as disturbing after generous coating with mud… maybe.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

So, duct-tape the shoes to your feet – Check. Throw away clothes after race – Double check

I already want to do it – that just sweetens the pot! Cool

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

A friend of mine that did the Georgia Warrior Dash last year said, upon seeing the original Manicorn pic, that he should wear that as his Warrior Dash outfit… and as a goof I photoshopped his face onto the Manicorn so he’d see what he looked like. Based on the success of that, I also photoshopped Sigler’s face as well, and the rest is, well, history I guess.

So, suffice it to say, if not for Warrior Dash there would be no Sigler Manicorn. :-)

I got a little muddier than most as when I went through the mud pit my shoe came clean off my foot and disappeared into the mud. I went back and felt around blindly until I found the shoe and then climbed back out and up the hill. When I went to put my shoe back on I found that it was both the wrong size and wrong foot. I went back down into the pit and found 3 other shoes that weren’t mine before finally finding my missing runner. That killed my time for the race but definately just added to the fun.

Don’t plan on keeping your clothes or shoes after you run the course though mine were totaled.

Are up for some intense FUN! Post pics if you did it last year!

And fire, and obstacles, and MUD. Fuzzy Helmet

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

it’s hard to stop at one or two though…

THis is a LOT of fun. Prepare to get your ass thoroughly kicked though!!

if i can get the wife to let me im goin to try to go to the one in twin lakes wisconsin next year, but i doubt it, the wife is mean when it comes to beer and fun.

…post pics of them.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Even if it is only in spirit! Hopefully that won’t be too much of a hardship. Cool

I asked what she thought and she said “What kind of stupid question is that?!?” She is totally up for it!! We’re trying to convince her teenage son (a cross country runner) and my brother (just for the beer and fuzzy helmet) to join us!!

But it gives me something to go shoot for next year.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

It’s just not happening in the uk :(

shout if you need sponsors!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

looks like I’ve got a reason to get my arse back in the gym on a more regular basis.

And a Fuzzy Warrior Helmet! If you do it, please post some pictures. My hubby is on board, now I have to convince my teenager to come with us. I know she will love it, but teenagers… well, she can’t SHOW that she would like it.

Kind of surprised to see one not far from me. The NY one is only about 3 hours away from Syracuse. Maybe I can get my sister to relive her army days with me… Laughing

Probably due to some heath and safety committie that stopped it, I hate our nanny culture, if I want to do dumb shit that might get me hurt thats my decision

I’m in the wrong country :(

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

THis is just the sort of thing I would go in for.

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

OK, this looks like the MOST fun EVER!! As some of you know, I took up some serious running challenges this year (1/2 marathon – Check!). Looking for new challenges I ran across this:

http://www.warriordash.com

And it’s not just a measley t-shirt:

1. Free beer * (21 and up)
    2. Fuzzy Warrior helmet (Magic Helmet!?!)
    3. Bad-ass Warrior Dash t-shirt
    4. Custom Warrior Dash finisher medal
    5. Live music
    6. Post-race snack and water
    7. Warrior Dash race bib
    8. The pride that comes along with being a Warrior

It’s not a long race (around 3 miles), with obstacles, FIRE, mud and beer at the end. An they are doing it in 21 locations, including Austrailia (del??). I would love to see some of my fellow Junkies at the Georgia race in May. I’m asking my teenage daughter and hubby to do it with me for my b-day present.

RawwwwR!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.