This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Gina-Marie C Gina-Marie C 2 years, 10 months ago.

Wanted: Discussion Questions for my Book Club

I’m already on All-Pro. For some of the ladies this was their first venture into this genre so we had about a 60/40 on those that would continue. However, I did turn a couple of people’s opinions on sci-fi with this book choice. So…success!

Glad to help, let us know when you guys start The Starter

Thanks everyone for your help. We ended up using all these questions poised. In addition we talked about:

Favorite characters and why?
    The future that is painted in the book compared to our present world including topics of environment, politics, and religion.
    Additionally, I may have drunk tweeted Scott by the end of the night as that is how these meetings usually progress.
    Here’s a photo of us minus three of our members:

thinks her God doesn’t want her? What if a QB or Coach says the wrong thing to a Sklorno could they start a holy war? See what they think and find out in “The Starter” Combat Cook

It’s very exciting to see THE ROOKIE be a book club selection. I hope you enjoy the discussion.

Awesome place to start, but those are more like essay questions. I don’t want to test these ladies as much as I want to just engage a conversation. I should be able to tweak them thought, so thanks!!

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” Carl Sagan

I think it’s so neat to be able to use one of Scott’s books for a book club!

One other person did this, but he was a high school teacher that made it assigned reading for his students. Check out this post, where he outlined a bunch of questions he asking his students after having read The Rookie.

Best of luck with your book club and tell us how it goes!

Awesome! Thank you for more jumping off points.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. Carl Sagan

That is exactly why I suggested that particular question.

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. M…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

Yes! Thank you! I picked this book specifically to try and gain an appreciation for football. Never thought to think about other sports

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. Carl Sagan

The answer is in the TWiT interview!

Stay Alive – NC

To answer your question you can ask your book club “Why did the author choose to write about a Football player instead of a Basketball player, Baseball player, Hockey player and etc. What is the significance of the sport Football?”

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. M…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

just in response to your statement on the Quyth, if they are a representation of Hindu, how does the Quyth Leaders being the most powerful syndicate leaders in the galaxy fit into the Hindu culture? And of interest in Cultures: Which ones do you think that the Ki represent, or the Sklorno? Both of these races seem much more abstract to the human norm.

The Books of Sigler that i Own: EarthCore(2005) | |Ancestor(2007) | | Infected | | Contagious | | Ancestor(2010) | | The Rookie | | The Starter | | The All-Pro | | Blood is Red | | Nocturnal (Pre-Order) | | {+ I bought a copy of all the above for my dad

Hello, hello!

It’s my first post, please be gentle.

I assigned The Rookie to my book club and I’m looking for questions to ask the group. I know I should post in The Rookie forum, but seeing as this is the latest and greatest book of the series (I assume, I haven’t finished the third book yet) I thought I’d put it up to the fans.

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!

So far these are the only questions I’ve come up with:

Race is talked about heavily throughout The Rookie. Did you find yourself placing different races with different human cultures? (ex. Quith caste system is somewhat similar to Hindu caste system) FOLLOW UP: Who do you think the Planetary Union was supposed to represent?

What did you think of the author’s choice to use radio shows and book excerpts to relay expository information. Helpful or hindering?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.