This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Yuhri Miller Yuhri Miller 3 years ago.

Want to talk cigars?

A cigar a night was awesome! The new profile pic is from the marble veranda that I spoke of. We saw tarantula’s up close and personal. I did not find any new cigars that were worth mentioning but the food was incredible and the atmosphere was magical. I highly recommend taking this trip if possible. Just ordered some new cigars from Cigar.com, I’ll let you know if they are as good as the reviews.

If someone tries to kill you, you kill ‘em right back – Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks! I’m sure we will. We are taking my mom, mother-in-law, step-son and his girlfriend. Not such a romantic getaway but nice enough.

With Cherry Tobacco. Such a heady lovely smell.
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Have a really great time Laughing

I am leaving for the Dominican Republic for vacation and I am hoping to smoke some Cubans or ISOM’s as some call them while down there. I will post here if I find one that really knocks it out of the park.

Picture this; an open air marble floored veranda overlooking the beautiful palms of Punta Cana. It’s in the mid 70’s and there is a slight breeze blowing off of the ocean. You can barely hear the surf and occasionally a tropical birds calls out. The taste of the richly marbled steak that you just had for dinner still lingers on your palate. A perfectly made mojito rests in one hand while the other is softly cradling a spectacular and very dark Cuban made (rolled on the thighs of virgins mind you) cigar. The smoke rings your head leaving the rich aroma of oak, pepper, and leather to waft off into the night air. That is my next week or so, I just might not come back…

I own a few pipes of my own and I must say that when I feel like having a mellow smoke without the hour or so time constraint of a good cigar I will break out one of my favorite pipes and smoke away. I have even smoked a few “cigars” that were made with pipe tobacco and they were nice.

I have been known to enjoy an cigar or two (maybe looots more =P) but nothing bets one of my many pipes with some cherry tobacco =D.

My wife likes to sit and smoke a cigar with me cause it’s an hour that we can just relax and talk. She likes the flavored cigars. Her favorite is a peach flavored cigar but she also likes the vanilla rum, and cherry. She’s not even a smoker but on occasion she will light up.

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

Sealed

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

They are not for me

I’m always looking for a new cigar to try. So tell me what your favorite is and why. I like a mild/medium prior to meals or in the afternoon and a medium/strong after dinner. My favorite is the LP #9 but Brickhouse makes a great cigar and I’m really starting to like the Gurkha Evil.

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

I like Nick’s because of the selection and you can purchase singles from them. My favorite is the Liga Privada #9 although it’s hard to come by sometimes. I also like the Brickhouse cigar. I have smoked many cigars in an effort to narrow down what I like. If you are interested I can send you a journal page that will help you keep track of your smokes and what you did or didn’t like about them.

I like ordering from Nick’s Cigar World. You can order singles and I think they have a better selection of good sticks.

I’ll check it out.

go to thompsoncigars.com or grab the catalog, its nice eye candy. good selection of starters and high quality, and you can peruse the reviews.

I know NOTHING about cigars but have wanted to try smoking something beyond the swisher’s my 16-year old self thought where quality.

So please, let’s get this going. What’s a good place to start researching?

Maybe a strange subject but I love to listen to the FDO while sipping on a 15 y/o scotch and smoking a great cigar. There is no better way to enjoy a nice evening outside.

Right now I’m going to grab my Glenlivet and a Liga Privada #9 and listen to this weeks episode of the All-Pro. Go Krakens!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.