This topic contains 488 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Doc Coleman Doc Coleman 3 years, 7 months ago.

VBF II: The Rematch

After 100 brutal minutes, nothing was ever settled and questions were still unanswered. Two noble warriors fought tooth and nail to a stalemate (though one DID drink a beer with higher alcohol content and carbonation…just sayin’) and left the onlookers begging for more.

Now, the time has come to try again to settle that old score. But this time, there’s more beer, a longer time limit, webcams, and a betting system!

Live, Saturday, August 21st, 12/Noon EST, the biggest rematch to ever hit the Siglerverse will go down! Athanas vs. Big John II!

This time, it’s Double Trouble!!

Card subject to change. Contact your local junkie for details.

I’m intrigued!

Mr Fast Fingers (title bestowed upon me by guestford_junkie)

http://www.scottsigler.com/node/3597

i just show up for the drinks?

last time??? Neither of you remember, right? LOL!!!

Also, if anyone is interested in reading a transcript of the original VBF, please PM me with your e-mail address for a copy. Wink____________________________________________
    Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer & Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren
    [flickr-photo:id=4725169982,size=m]

100 shots in 100 minutes. And I remember…trust me…that’s not something you ever forget.

Double Trouble is 120 shots in 120 minutes.

Interesting typo in the thread header (threader?) … “left the onlookers begging for me” … I’m pretty sure they were begging for ME, not ye. I’m not so sure we want to get into taking sides, but in the classic Twilight sense of things, dare we ask junkies to declare themselves for Team BigJohn or Team OtherGuy?

We also plan on using a videocam setup this time around, so you can watch us get snockered and not just laugh at our typos and drunken thread-stumbling after the fact. Side-bets will abound, including the rematch of Biggest Bladder (I’ve been practicing!)

So if you’d like to participate as a spectator, or even a drinker, hie thee to http://www.camfrog.com and download the client software for your appropriate computer. You do NOT need to have a camera to use this software, but you WILL need it to join in the audio-only or text chat. Hopefully this time around Bella won’t have to administer the log, like last time (junkies who weren’t there for the original VBF should contact bella to read the transcript; it’s a hoot!) and can get plastered with the rest of us.

It promises to be epic, even though I’m not really sure athanas knows what he’s in for. For those who are not entirely certain how much beer this is, we did 90 minutes and went through a 12-pack. So probably 18-20 beers for 2 hours. I’ll have 24 on hand, just in case (get it?!)

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

That’s right. I had trouble getting the website we were using to start playing songs again after the first 60. Plus, I was doing the transcript so I was having a hard time keeping up… with the action that is. I think I drank 3 beers total! LOL! Gonna try for more this time though. Wink

If my calculations are correct (and they may not be) that’s 1am Saturday night/Sunday morning, West Oz time.
    WARNING: If I do attend, I am likely to be more than a little drunk already. :)

And by “it” i mean the ax that will threaten your co-worker’s life if they don’t trade with you. Maybe you are feeling *cough* a little under the *cough* *cough* weather?

if threatening bodily harm to someone doesn’t work.

I thought we could have a nice, gentlemanly rode to this event, but I see that that just can’t be the case.

You seem content to pull out the big, red, teacher’s marker to correct me on certain points while at the same time make several errors yourself. In no particular order:

- It was 100 minutes, jagass, not 90.

- I don’t know what I’m in for? I was the one drinking the stouter beer, more alcohol and carbonation. You were drinking essentially spiked coffee.

- I didn’t come out ahead? In the last great junkie event, a certain talented young playwright say fit to cast me as the boss, you as the lackey. Wonder where that idea came from?

- You smell funny.

I’ve got a 4 day weekend coming up, and I’m planning on starting my training. I’m going to dry run the entire 120 minutes, doing shots, and practicing belting out the quips that will have you curled in the fetal position begging for your Mama.

I’d like to be a voyer for that one!

I was an eejit and based it off of mountain time instead of eastern time.

So yes, that would be 5:00 PM in London town.

You can’t count it against me if I have no recollection of the final 10 minutes. I think back on it, and all I remember is women screaming my name. It all sorta just blurs from there.

I figured you need to practice. I’ll be doing no such thing. I’m confident in my liver’s augmented ability to handle anything I throw at it, in quantities that make the knees quiver on lesser men. But please, feel free to worry yourself into inebriation if it’ll help you get through your six pack.

Don’t be hating my weapon of choice. If you want to drink low-percentage swill, be my guest. I’ve evolved my beer drinking pallate far beyond the limitations of carbonation, opting for the smoother taste and wicked buzz without the blistering headache the following day.

But I’ll forgive you your rookie move, and your inability to plan ahead and buy the real Irish nectar, not just the high-proof liquid that’s only exported to the US for pretenders and college freshman trying to look cool. I can look past that.

Boss? Lackey? You must have been reading a different version – or more likely, been drinking your Natural Light while reading it – if that’s how you saw our relationship. We were clearly equals; brain and brawn, frick and frack.

So go make your cute little practice run. Be sure to leave your info with someone who can call the paramedics if you don’t surface for a few days. I’m sure you’ll be able to get through all 120 shots in the 4 days of the weekend.

We’ll be here when you wake up.

Yeah…women tend to scream your name if you’re trying to force yourself on them; doesn’t mean you’re Casanova.

You’re damn right I need the practice. You should to. Thinking you don’t is what’s going to take you out of the running early. This isn’t a goddamn game; this is life or dead, mother muchacho! You’ve got to come in hard and heavy for this war, because if you lollygag it, you’ve already lost. And from the sound of things, this has Lennox Lewis/Hasim Rahman written ALL over it.

But then again, that would mean you’re the favorite going into this and brother, we both know that’s not the case.

You really that daft? I’m not hating on the weapon; we’ve both discussed the level of awesome that it is. I’m merely pissing on your past accomplishment because you used a watered down version. I soldiered through with a stronger beer; guess what’ll happen when it’s a weaker adversary, (much like you,)? All day, son, that’s what it means…All. Shuckin’. Day.

You got your ass kicked by an orange; that’s all I’m going to say about the hierarchy of that script.

This is going to be a slaughter, and I’m going to be the butcher.

This is going to be sooooo good!!!!

I missed this so much! Tongue out

…this time, I am there for the full haul! I wouldn’t miss this battle for anything!!

And as for TeamBigJohn or TeamAthanas….I take TeamBeer!!! I wanna see you both slurring and slinging insults that will make my dead granny blush!
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

I’ll take an orange on as WELL as athanas and still come out on top.

And that’s you, chump.

The fleet of awesome that is BigJohn will slow down for the mudtrawler that is athanas. I need no practice, this I guarantee. My entire inebreiated adulthood has been leading me to this moment. I’ve got the age and experience on you; I’ve been drinking since you were in kiddygarden. Pickled liver notwithstanding, my game plan has me casually waking up around 8, maybe eating a slice of bread or three, and then diving full on into alcoholism without much prep.

In a mere two hours, it’ll be over, another rapidly fading memory. Just make sure you have pongo on standby so he can drag your ass to the bathroom afterwards. Don’t forget to teach him how to shut down the computer, too. We don’t want to watch you pissing yourself and vomiting all over.

And if there’s any confusion: Yes, I’m that daft. I’m daft like a fox. Take that to the bank and smoke it!

yakkity, fuck you.

I think most involved were a wee bit tipsy before it was all said and done last time.

Clearly athanas has a habit of backing the wrong horse. Cubs over Socks, the Avalanche, probably even the Butt Nuggets. I guess we can’t fault the guy if he keeps aspiring to first place but ends up taking second all the time. I feel that now I know the reason for his dysfunction, I can be a little more sympathetic to his competitiveness. He can’t help it after all. Poor guy is on the bottom struggling to get himself off the sticky barroom floor.

Well I said good on ya, little fella. You keep reaching for that bright shiny light!

Just be aware that it’s my flashlight coming down on your noggin.

By 1am on a Saturday night, I’m likely to be too rat-arsed to switch the computer on. :P

That’s the White SOX… S. O. X. !!!

Did you do that just to ruffle my feathers or what?!?

that way it’ll be up and good to go by the time you stumble to it.

But this above post pretty much shows the world how far your head is up your ass, Giovanni.
    Thanks for doing my job for me, numbnuts. :-D

If you can tell me what a sox is.

sox (sŏks)

noun

A plural of sock.

and puppies. Definitely puppies.
    He’s a mean, mean man.

I will not even consider it. Besides, they’re American League. That’s not even real baseball.

I have nothing against Colorado. I lived there myself, once. Beautiful place. Except for the stain that is athanas, which blights the scenery.

Other than that, i love it.

And puppies. I love puppies.

Funny what excites us, huh??? Tongue out

that just because there are pics, it doesn’t mean anything happened.

I’m using to you not making sense, but this is a new one, even for you.

can’t assist, I’ll be more than happy to! Wink

What’s next…flox of birds? A pair of jox? A ship at the dox? Ladies in frox? Men with big …oh, sorry Coxy :)
    A pox on the Sox for their crimes against the English language.

…instead of running from the room in fear and filing restraining orders and the like.

And I think we all know how THAT turned out.

No, you have many snowed, sir, but I am not one of them. I know of your stint as a dog catcher from 1998-2001 and the horrors you inflicted on those poor, poor animals as some form of self gratification.

Get professional help.

I’m not fallin’ for that. :-p

[flickr-photo:id=4752232861,size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4752872924,size=m]

What a gigolo!! HOT huh??? Tongue out

…hmmp.

Awesomesauce!

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, Member of the Gutter Sistren, and Pastry Princess

Martha?! Martha Stewart? Is that you?

I mean…ok. I could see someone owning *one* of those robes. I, myself, have a friend who busts out a leopard print fez at random intervals (normally when alcohol is involved,) but having a leopard print robe and zebra print robe? That’s just weird.

And the weird thing isn’t owning them; the weird thing is that in those pictures I do not see a big-ass purple hat with a giant peacock feather, nor do I see his fingers decked out with the necessary bling where it would be OK to own those robes.

Hell, I’d take a ho on his speed dial named “Buttercup” or “Suphondalicious”, but to not have ANY of that to go with those? Blasphemy.

And that’s why he’s just flat out fuckin’ weird.

why are you so interested in the doings of my anus? I gotta say, this is just getting weird.

Ok, so I’m proud do say the only fancy robe I own is adorned with kick-ass looking japanese characters. Alas, she is not silk, but she’ll do in a pinch.

The godawful monstrosities you see above are in fact, the HOTEL-SUPPLIED robes at the hotel I stayed at last night for the SF Sigler signing.

You can no doubt imagine my surprise when I opened the closet door to find those two beasties lurking in the shadows. I snapped a pic to show bella, and the twitter gals heckling (and a fair amount of Guinness) helped convince me to actually pose in them. I honestly thought I saw milk flying out of Kali’s nose when she saw the pics.

These things would make underwear made of glass shards comfortable. It was like wearing heavy heavy woolen drapes. I immediately disrobed (ha!) and took a shower to wash the idea out of existence.

So worry not, my worthless foe, these two fashion mistakes were left 100 miles behind. I claim no ownershipe, past, present or future. If you like, I’d be happy to airmail them to you for safe keeping.

being arrested and being convicted are two completely different things. It’s not my fault all the witnesses disappeared into that lake. If they miss their chance to testify, the accused go free. There are no blots on my record, sir.

I’m gonna teach you what prison taught me.

Well, ok.

Anything that wraps itself around is a she.

Seeing John puke on camera.

Comedy gold, I tells ya.

and god have mercy on your soul if you ran a black light through the room.

So you can all enjoy the full audio/visual experience.

What am I saying?! Puke from drinking beer? I don’t think I’ve ever done that! Why would I start now?

do our trial run!

Very nice work Del!!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I missed a crapload of stuff on this thread too while I was on vacation. Just read through it all and laughed my ass off. I’m with Kali on the Kid Gloves. Laughing

I’m all caught up now and more excited than ever!! (And uber-thanks Athanas – something special sent your way).

So……WHEN??????

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Isn’t it in the thread header post?

Didn’t see anything about what time we all got to watch the orange take you down!! Wink I mean, I’m all excited for the beer and the drinking and the possible and probable consequences of all the fun that will be; but I saw something in these comments about the orange and I don’t want to miss that part!

On one hand, it takes a real man to be able to pull off that look without appearing… well… either like a fem or a total nut-job.

On the other hand, were they supplied by the hotel or left by the previous tenants? And if the latter, who the hell was the freak who actually bought and wore those things???

So either John totally just earned his “Centurion” title… or we need to re-do his logo to dub him the “Exalted Diva”…

I’m gonna lean to the conservative side and just say, “Well played, Über Gigolo… well played! Rock on with your bad self!”

[flickr-photo:id=4730644738,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

Confirmed by Mrs. Bigjohn, who upon seeing the photos said, “Oh yeah. Those were there last time we stayed there.”

Apparently I never looked in the closet.

And I’m so sorry I ever did this time.

Cuz I’m looking right at it.

Don’t strain so hard that you burn your dinner, though. If you really can’t find it, I’m sure someone else will be less of an ass and just tell you.

edit: Motherfuckin 10,000 CH post. Awww yeah.

It kind of reminds me of the movie Dr. Detroit… for that, I think it’s worth it…

[flickr-photo:id=4730644738,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

You’re looking at the orange right now?? Man, that’s some serious Zen shit right there. C’mon BigJohn, I know you can do it this time! And just for you I guess I can stick out the whole VBF to watch. Tongue out

(yes, you will never live down the orange!)

mean you’re backing Team Athanas?

Can’t wait for the rematch! Best of luck to all the participants. What’s your training regimen going to be?

hy yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

There is something to be said for a man who recognizes true talent and genius. (Or at least is smart enough to lie about it!) Tongue out

Del’s pox on the Sox seems to be working out in their favor! They’re in 1st place right now!! GO SOX!!! Laughing

Just think of all the enjoyment those robes have brought us!! And by *us*, I don’t necessarily mean you! LOL!!!

I’m afraid that’s not on the agenda. That’s part of Junkie*Con 2K11 (2J11)?

Why do i never get the credit for when I defeat the orange?!

A trial run is definitely called for…

so infrequently…….

Oh, and the orange likes to brag about kicking your ass! It’s how he picks up all those sweet little tangerines!!! Tongue out

here. Then DM or PM me with your new user name. We’ll let you know when we do the trial run.

Right now I’m getting very drunk and belligerent whenever I can, building up a higher tolerance while still being able to tell someone that they’re a pig fucker. It’s pretty sporadic right now, but I’m slowly starting to dial it in.

Once I get closer to August, I’m going to sit down in Chatroulette and do a few runs through all 120 shots, this way knowing I can run the marathon as well as tell the guy dressed as a bunny waving his dick around what sort of thoughts I have on his whore of a mother.

And then, when the fight comes…

Prediction? Pain.

So, looks like the lines are starting to be drawn in the sand.

Phantom’s on my side; who else is willing to follow her lead and will back the man who crushes Big John?

Just because I’m below the 50-50 point doesn’t mean it’s infrequent!

Dang. I thought you were on my side, bella. :(

But the odds are against you! I’d be right there for you with an eye wash if I could! Maybe if you just tried apologizing to the orange….

Ok, well I can assure you all that my training would NOT involve sitting by myeslf at home in front of my computer watching men wave their dicks around and yelling encouragement/derision. Perhaps I misunderstood the question; I thought we were addressing the question of training for VBF II, not how you’re going to train for your extended vacation at Man Island.

But to make my victory all the more awesome, I’m not training at all. I don’t need practice to thwap an upstart like Pongo and his man-kick. I may try to stretch my bladder out for the bathroom contest again, but that is probably about it.

And no, I do not fear my opponent, who channels the prognostications of Clubber Lang in a vain attempt at sounding threatening. I just can’t take him seriously with that [insult redcated for use in VBF II].

Have fun on chatroulette, athanas! Don’t forget they can see you, too. So try not to hit the underside of your desk too hard – they’ll see your paperclips jumping and bouncing.

…is going to be EPIC! LEGENDARY!!
    ———–

You think this is some sort of game, some kind of child’s play that you can walk into unprepared and assume that you won’t be skinned alive for. Go ahead, in fact, *I implore you* to take this as jovial as possible; it’ll make seeing your cross-eyed, puke drooling face that much more entertaining when after shot #112, shots 86 to 111 decide to come back up and say hi.

You know what seeing a guy wearing a Bugs Bunny suit helicoptering his cock around is? It’s fucked up. It’s not something you get used to seeing. *Ever*.
    You know what it does, though? Toughens the spirit. Makes one resilient to such acts of what-the-fuckery, thus making you a better warrior. After seeing some 400 pound dude rape an eggplant quiche wearing a Captain America mask, I have no fear of anything you can do on camera that will throw me from my game.

You, obviously, are soft. You don’t know what it takes to win a fight, be it pick-up sticks or an epic showdown of Irish Liver Abuse. Your pride will be your undoing, and all the hard words you threw around will be all for not.

It’s ok, though, I’ll do my best to keep everyone from laughing at you.

But seriously….that on video – it would be Classic!!

It is a game; how could a battle with the likes of you be anything else? Take you seriously? How can I take you seriously after finding that photo of you from the Denver signing? You’re right. I think your head is a little big. Is this your chatroulette outfit? It’s very becoming. The tail is a nice addition.

I think we may have found something even more fucked up than the manicorn… if that’s even possible!!! Surprised

Richno3…….out

This is life and death: life for me, death for you and all of your followers. Those left alive at the conclusion of this tilt will cheer my name while the streets will flow red with the blood of the non-believers! (‘cept for the attractive womenfolk who will instead receive several rounds of vigorous coitus).

This is funny; you give me grief for letting my training regiment be known, but yet here you are, searching for bunny fetish porn on your work’s computer. I suppose since you won’t be at this job much longer, that’s all fine and dandy, but I can guarantee those you considered friends won’t look at you the same after IT tells them what kind of goatse and tubgirl type shit you’ve got on your machine. Have fun living with that shame, being referred to as “John, that fucked up guy”.

I mean, I can’t certainly take pleasure in your complete and abject defeat of a serious contest, so I have to settle for spanking you in a public forum under the pretense that it’s a fun game for all to enjoy.

And if you don’t want me sharing your fucked up pictures, stop sending me your own porn. Remember when you shared the lemon party with me? Did you think we would bond over that, you sick fuck? Did you think I’d go easier on you if you thought I was as perverted as you? I didn’t ask you to send me the link to http://athanas.lookitmeimpretty.com (that link might not work for some of you guys; work filters and porn firewalls tend to block it) but I’ll use the pictures on it to my full advantage.

The streets may run with my red blood, but it’ll be from my blood orange, which I will soundly squash during the course of your own emasculation. The biggest worry – and this is only a minor worry (that’s how little I think of you) – is that I may slip on your vomit and perhaps hit my head, or maybe even trip over your corpse. That would really suck, because I will have just finished peeing on you.

Just try to remember after you’re done training – we’re all tuning in to see you try to do 120 shots OF BEER. Not watch you jerk off 120 times. It may be hard for you to make that adjustment at the last minute.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
    ———–

….in my soul died after seeing that man-bunny. Cry
    ———–

Please do NOT do 120 shots of vodka.

Now I need some brain bleach. A LOT of very strong brain bleach…

You gave him the background thread and he went from being intrigued to being absent!

about brain bleach. Someone please flame thrower my nugget. Right now.

Who first sought to avoid this brash conflict in the first place. He approached, with arms open and hands bared with no thought of malice, but only to arbitrate and maintain peace. He quoted Robert Ardrey:

But we were born of risen apes, not fallen angels, and the apes were armed killers besides. And so what shall we wonder at? Our murders and massacres and missles, and our irreconcilable regiments? Or our treaties whatever they may be worth; our symphonies however seldom they may be played; our peaceful acres, however frequently they may be converted into battlefields; our dreams however rarely they may be accomplished. The miracle of man is not how far he has sunk but how magnificently he has risen. We are known among the stars by our poems, not our corpses.

‘Twas then, I flung a booger in his eye.

Frown I wuv you both!

Beer only this time around…

Richno3…….out

“And the apes had their fingers in their noses. This can still be seen in a certain few of their descendants today.”

If I had just walked into this thread, completely clueless as to what it was all about, I think I’d just slowly back out as well.

**jerks a thumb to his inferior opponent**

He won’t.

But this shit is war, to me. I take no joy in plotting the systematic demise of my enemy at the hands of hops and barley, only the knowledge that walking away victorious means there’s one less battle I have down the road, and another notch on my whoop-ass stick.

I’ve got nothing to hide. I also don’t stay in seedy hotels that have animal print robes that I’m sure are covered in semen on a multi-ethnic scale while sleeping blissfully in a bed that’s sheets crackle every time I turn over; I leave that business to you, sir, as you seem content on posting pictures of yourself in such activity.

Again, you paint the perfect attack plan against you. You’re not focusing on your opponent; you still can’t get over that orange getting the best of you and it shows. This is about you and I, but for some reason, you want to turn it into a threeway with a citrus fruit…which, I suppose is OK as at the end of the day, you’re going to get fucked by both of us if you continue with your current line of attack.

So, are you saying you can’t take 120 shots of beer and still get it up? I feel sorry for your missus.

If anything, I would have had the monkey get your attention, snuck up on you, then kicked you in the dingus with a flaming boot.

Then stole your wallet.

I have no intention of losing this contest.

Cry

I need to go curl up in a fetal position and cry now.

Cause Kid Gloves and VBF I was what got me really into you guys when I first got here!

I will love both the triumphant winner and the sad, pathetic loser crying in the corner! Laughing

Then I found Kid Gloves and Virtual Bar Fight (the first one) and showed up in the chat room. The rest…is history!

Not as much fun as the actual event, but a nice warm-up! Do you think we can get John and Athanas to practice bitch-slapping each other on the trial run for our amusement, or are they going to play nice while we work out the fine details?

But that’s cuz you like to lead with your ass.

Um, you’re welcome?

PUHLEAZE stop jerking your hand in my direction. Yes, I have a nice ass. Yes, I have a winning smile, and No, I don’t have this unshakeable simian infesting me with fleas, mites and diaper rash. But all of the Win that is me is for the ladies.

Seriously – what would my life be like without all of you???

Believe me, that’s one mistake I regret to this day. Close to the time when I banged your mother and told her, “oh…yeah. no, it didn’t break. We’re all good. Keep the change.” We all have our regrets.

I assure you, when it comes down to go-time, All of my attention will be focused on you and only you. And the audience. Well, and the timer. And the path to the fridge. And the bartowel with shot glasses. Can you hear my focus? It boggles the synapses.

I’m just worried that I’ll still be thirsty at the end. Maybe I can have some of your leftovers, since you’ll be sleeping quietly, as your body releases all of its fluid as drool, tears, piss and vomit. Just kindly store your beers out of the seepage zone, if you please. Be a considerate loser by planning ahead. That’s a good boy.

I have a twinbox, remember???? Wink

but no thanks! Sealed

memories!! I just started reading the transcript again! What a riot!! Tongue out

Yup…we’d be dead!! Okay so how about first shot of the night, 100th shot and last shot tequila? Adds to the fun without the maiming and death. Maiming and death is only fun when practiced on others, after all! Er…at least I’ve heard!

1st shot, then one at every 1/2 hour mark? 5 tequila shots total. You in???

That’s my new favourite saying, ever!

How can I get a copy of the transcript?

Send Bella a Private Message with your email address and she’ll forward it to you
    ———–

of the transcript of VBF I, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I’ll be happy to send you a copy.

I’m not mixing that much beer with any form of liquor.

I normally just take several bong rips before hitting CR.

drinking all that beer either. I will be drinking beer, but not the equivalent of 120 shots!!

I love it when a plan comes together!

That many minutes will not equal that many beers for me. I like to take it nice and slow… Wink

And if I got that wrong….too fucking bad! Tongue out

So there’s no confusion – we will not be drinking a beer each minute, just a shot.

Richno3…….out

Richno3…….out

Now I just have to make sure I have Patron in the house that day! Wink

All work and no play makes Del a sick girl…

All work and no play is the story of my life…

Soooo funny! Can’t wait for VBF II!

I like it!

…at work? Laughing

“I am highly skilled in data entry, time management, interpersonal communication and drunktificated acts of what-the-fuckery”.

I would *so* hire that person!!!

This time, there’s 20 more minutes of beer drinking.

AND web cams! :-D

**crosses fingers**

Fuckin’ heng-dai.

Richno3…….out

can whoop a cold’s ass in the span of a day.

Step 1: Overdo it on Vitamin C crystals. Ever 30 to 45 minutes take a spoonful in a glass of water. It may make your stomach cramp, but trust me, keep doing it.
    Stop when your 2 is more like your 1 (you’ll know what I mean when it happens).

Step 2: best done if you can sleep in the next day or go to bed very early so you get plenty of sleep: shot of NyQuil chased with a beer. Then straight to bed.

This has been doing wonders for me.

I mean…what the fuck are you talking about?!?!

when does this go down?

the time for this rematch. mmmm 9am on the west coast. My, this will be a fun fun drunk day. Can’t wait to put you all down under the table. haha

Richno3…….out

I’m multi-talented.

got it right this time, right Shady?

I reckon both John and I will be clothed.

4 mojitos later, it’s time for bed.

so, this dream I had last night….myself, Willie Nelson, and Busta Rhymes in a limo, somewhere in Cleveland, passing a blunt back and forth.

We end up going to some rock wall climbing place in a strip mall, where they lower you in from the ceiling for some reason. So, we end up getting trapped in the celing and told by a midget on a TV monitor that we were his prisioners and had to do as he says. We, of course, passed another blunt.

The midget gave us his demands, then the godddamn alarm clocked went off. Pissed me off something fierce…I wanted to know where this one was going.

Tokin’ with Willie Nelson hanging frmo the ceiling. I’ sure that’s a metaphor for something…

Wouldn’t be the first, and certainly not the lsat time I play drunk volleyball. We’ve got a whole tournament dedicated to it.

Pics, cuz it DID happen: http://homepage.mac.com/bigjohnv/CostumeQuads2008

(Pics available for 2004-2008; for some reason 2009 only got posted to facebook. Puzzling, since I’m the one who posts them, and I don’t know why they’re not posted on my own site. If you want to see another year’s pictures, just change the year in the above URL.)

2008 and 2009 my team won the beer bracket, which awesomely enough, meant that we won a case of fucking beer. Awww yeah.

And yes, that’s me wearing green tights in 2007.

I wish it started an hour or two earlier so I could have finished it up; there was guaranteed to be some adventuring going on.

come in costume and get lit?

Nice.

It’s a regular tournament, but the point is to get and stay drunk. Referees can issue penalty drinks for pretty much any reason they want (I’m REALLY good at it!) and there are about 1000 Jell-o shots available, along with a keg of beer, and whatever everyone brings for themselves.

It’s a fucking blast. Last year, the tournament was the day before I left to go to Ireland. I was back in those green tights (we were dressed as leprechauns, don’t ya know!) and I drank 9 Guinness that day to get ready for the final push to 250.

cause by my calculations you’ve all been going for 2hra 57 mins now! Wjo is mashed?

(that’s this year)

**snatches said cookie, runs up the nearest tree and begins munching like a squirrel**

Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

I’m thinking I might just set up a mattress near the PC, so I can slide straight off the chair and into bed. :)

‘cept I just call my mattress the floor.

Oh well. If I do the job properly, I guess I won’t feel the bruises until the morning. :)

But it has made my skull soft whacking it on the floor nightly. OOOh well, such is my life

and get too drunk to work a cheeseburger hammered so before you’re done thinking “man, this floor is kinda hard” you’re already passed out.

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

for 120 minutes. Thinking about joining Athanas and BigJohn???

The 21st of August will be a Federal Election in Australia. I am soooo gonna need to get hammered that night!

… on how things go this weekend with the wife. I might just need to get a good drunk on next weekend.

Hey, is everyone working the week of 7/26? If anyone has a day off, maybe we can do a dry run mid-day or something. For sure we need to do one at some point.

Any time after 5pm Eastern.

Bella’s a key component. Without her running the server, it won’t do much good for the rest of us.

are Tuesday and Thursday. I can have the server up around 6:30 Central either of those two nights.

I’d be willing to chill with all y’all
    ———–

I’m doin my own little dry (wet) run today, gotta chase away the heat ya know..

on the right date and I’m going to pre order takeaway to arrive so make sure I don’t forget to eat (cause drinking is much more fun)!

Who’d keeping the odds?

:)

Not quite what I meant, but good on ya, mate! See you tomorrow!

I don’t believe I’ll be able to make it; everything I’m doing tomorrow is advanced by a couple hours since I’m going to be working late to make up missing today.

or next? I thought John said next week…

What I want to check is how multiple video cameras work together, and I also want to know how much of a distraction having the powerhour mix will be playing on multiple people’s computers. I don’t anticipate it being a problem, but I’d like to check it out.

I should be good to go next Tuesday, then.

We’ll chalk it up to sticker shock for your car repairs.

since everyone has to push the talk button to be heard. But THAT is what I’m afraid is going to be the problem. Regardless of how many camera feeds are in the room, only one person can talk at time. When you’re having a 1-on-1 conversation, this isn’t much of a problem. But with 5, 10, 15 of us?

I have to try and make some time with the junkies and keep up on things here!

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum

Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

the talk button has a 30 second time limit! Wink

I was actually starting to enjoy that! Frown

I think what may end up happening is that we’ll still resort to mostly a text (typed) chat with a few choice expletives thrown in there every once in a while. I think the format from the first VBF was pretty good – crazy chat text, plus we’ll add multiple video feeds and that should be fun.

It’s straight up noon Eastern time on 8/21.

Be there or be dont’ there!

I want to check out how easy it is to save the transcript. Hmm…I should make a list of the things I want to check out.

T-1 month and counting!

People seem to be as blind as bats around here!!! Wink

By my calculations, Belladonna’s evening is around about my sunrise…and I DO NOT do mornings. Not for anyone. Not even for Bella. Sorry.

I’ll miss you! Frown

How does that sound for everyone?

I thought it was 5.30am, but I might have stuffed up. Just checked again and got 7.30am. Still an unnatural time of the day for me to be awake, but slightly more acceptable than daybreak! Maybe can make it after all?

For anyone who hasn’t already, you’ll need to download this software and create an account. Please PM me your username so I can add you to the room list.

4:30 Pacific

5:30 Mountain

6:30 Central

7:30 Eastern

Tuesday, 7/27

So i’ll only be able to putz around for a little while. May have to test and run. :(

Let me get this straight…6.30pm Chicago Summer/Daylight Saving time, yes? (I think that’s where I went wrong in my original calculation. I forgot it was summer in the US!)

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

It’s 7:30am your time on 7/28.

That’s the time I got. Eventually. (First I had the wrong timezone, then the wrong season).

You’re the one that got this whole ball rollin’!!!

LOOK UP!

Oh, and to answer your other question, you’ll end up in Chicago at 11:00 am Central!! WOO HOO!!! Wink

taking my car to get this stupid-ass passlock issue looked at after work tonight; wish me luck.

But I hope you get it all worked out – as cheaply as possible!

If we need to reschedule, we can. After this week, my schedule is pretty open.

Things came up. :

We’re trying this.

what was the issue with camfrog?

and it seems very, very promising.

How did it go? Did the new software work?

we figured out that you can only have 2 video chat windows open at a time. We’d need to buy the Pro version of the server software to do multiple videos and that’s $200! Plus the room isn’t private. Any Joe Schmoe could join us. Then there’s the whole stupid TALK button thing….

So John found Tokbox. It’s free and we know we can have at least 3 vids going cuz John, Phantom and I tried it out. We were experiencing some technical difficulties with it, however. I’m using Firefox and the site kept crashing everytime I tried to adjust my video or audio settings. I think Phantom was also experiencing the same trouble. But I found that once I was set up, as long as I didn’t fudge with anything, it was all good. There are also some “echo” issues, but the site actually suggests using earphones to remedy that. We didn’t try it with earphones or with >3 people, so we want to do another trial run – possibly on Thursday. On that note, another plus about Tokbox is that no one needs to host a server, so anyone can try it at any time, but obviously the more Junkies, the merrier. ;-) A downside is that there doesn’t appear to be a way to save any text transcript, so we thought we’d try using Googe Chat side-by-side with Tokbox to see how that works out.

So, all you have to do is create a free account at tokbox.com and we’ll go from there.

Ok, so the dry run was a total bust. While it is true that we could use the free server software to do a free video chat with 10 participants, it turns out that you can only see one video feed at a time. So that was kinda annoying.

We switched over to tokbox, which seems to do the trick, with some limitations:

1. The echo and feedback loop is pretty bad, and is compounded with more and more attendees. I think it is best if all participants use earphones to redirect the audio so that it is not audible to the computer’s microphone.
    2. There does not appear to be a way to save the chat, so we’re thinking of using a supplemental text-only chat through GoogleChat.
    3. That kinda means the onus is on the video participants to use the keyboard as well as the audio, which may get confusing as we get past shot #75. Alas, I’m not sure what we can do about it.

Tokbox supports up to 20 video feeds, for free. We only were able to do 3 in our test, and just barely. Phantom had some technical difficulties. We’d like to do another dry run with at least 4 if not 5 people. There is no server involved, so we can do it at any time. I might try to hit up some east coasters tomorrow around 5:30 Eastern just to see if I can get anyone.

I’m glad we did the dry run, but it still needs a little more exercising before we’re ready to go. I’d hate to spend all the pre-game just getting people configured.

If you want to participate in the video event, please take a moment to register with tokbox at the link bella provided, and add me as a contact. Search for “Big John” (two words).

But what is the event you’re going on about?

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

every minute for 120 minutes.

Big John vs. Athanas

You want in??? Tongue out

he knows his place.

What kind of beer?

Doc

with the guys on that. Not sure what they’re drinking this time around. To be fair, the alcohol volume should be the same.

This time, we’re both drinking the same.

See, last time, I stepped it up and was drinking Guinness Extra Stout, which is carbonated AND has a higher alcohol content. Drinking the tamer version will be like child’s play.

No thanks.

I have to admit, I’m a bit of a beer snob. I don’t want to drink lame mass-produced beer.

Doc

There’s no reason to not be there just cuz we’re drinking Guinness; some of the Gutter Sistren will be drinking tequila It’s just a social event. Bring some booze and hang out while Athanas tries not to rupture his bladder!

The tequila shots will just be the highlights! Laughing

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Spoken like a true up-state-er… Although I’m surprised you’re not opting for Utica Club. :-)

There’s a bar down here that has no less than 120 different beers on tap, obscure things from all over. And without fail I always order Blue in a bottle.

Cry
    ———–

We still have to try again. Maybe this weekend sometime if anyone’s around….

I had Waaaaaay to much white wine last time. Just don’t schedule these things for Sunday since it’s ILLEGAL to buy booze in Atlanta after 11:40 pm on Saturday night. Damn Baptists!

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

I believe Bella can send that to you… remember this is for entertainment purposes, no gambling! Well, ok, you can make side bets with the Gutter Sistren if you want.

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

This might be my chance to finish off that bottle of Dogfish Head Fort. 18% ABV and it tastes good. :D

Doc

I hurt my thumb today!

Thankfully, it is not my drinking thumb.

Somebody kick you in the ass?

you ruin my opportunity to make a witty retort by beating me to the punch! Damn you Athanas!!!

Your mother’s orgasmic convulsions were a little more intense than i was prepared for.

you’d have lost your whole hand, junior.

…it doesn’t mean she wants it that way all the time. In fact, she mentioned how boring and tired your technique was, but felt bad for you, considering your lack of practice.

Mostly, she said your crying bothered her the most.

BigJohn and athanas’ description of momma athanas is giving me visions of the evil Sarlacc Surprised

(Let the Yo Momma jokes commence)
    ———–

I usually consider it a bad sign when talking smack devolves into “your momma” jokes.

Doc

As a Doctor, here have a Beer….

::Slides in from the Crack Hits II Thread::

….oolllLLLY CRRRRAAAaaaaappp….

::Slides on to the Random Discussion Thread::

There’s nothing funnier than a good Yo Momma joke! Call them my guilty pleasure, if you will, but some of the good ones are actually quite clever. And there’s nothing that get a momma’s boy going more than disparaging his momma. <evil grin>
    ———–

Gmork, bella and I all chatted with tokbox for over an hour, with hardly any issues at all. We’re going to try another one on Friday evening, so sign up with tokbox and let us know your login names. I haven’t seen too many people join up yet.

One thing that’s become quite obvious is the need for each participant to use their own headphones/earphones. The reverberating echo is awful, otherwise. Bella had a tip about separate windows, but I don’t recall what it was.

Video quality was great; the ease of verbal conversation made the text-only chat a little redundant. All in all, damn good quality for the price!

and usually have multiple tabs open (e-mail, SS.com, etc.). I’ve found that opening an additional tab for Tokbox causes the site to crash. Last night, however, I opened a completely separate browser window for Tokbox ONLY and I had no problems whatsoever. Just a tip for those of you who, like me, like to browse multiple websites at once. Wink

(two words)

I friended some other dude named Big John in all caps….that is not our BigJohn. His avatar will show as the meat baby on tokbox. mmmm…meat baby.
    ———–

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes, folks, just remember, when you think of BigJohn, think of meat, babies and meat babies.

I’m BigJohn, and I approve this babyloaf.

last night!! I’m gearing up for next Saturday!!!! WOO HOO!!

I was out until midnight last night and didn’t do much but take the dog for a quick walk then hit the hay when I got home.

I can’t drink due to the medication I’m taking to help with the Headache from Hell (catchy title, huh?). Hope this gets resolved before VBFII!!!!! Mostly because I’m so fucking sick of having a headache. But also because I can’t stand the thought of missing the drunken fun! No one wants to be the only sober person in the room… Cry

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

depending on what you have, you may be able to match everyone drink for pill and still have a gay ole time. perhaps a better timeWink

If you want to save face and back out of the rematch, son. I promise to mock you only for a little while.

I get them on occassions — really sucky occassions. If the meds are good, you’ll be unconscious for about a day and then feel fine. I recommend Relpax and Maxalt (NO, Not at the same time! for the love of the FDO, don’t OD on us)

Injest it.

some groundbreaking shit right here, but my username is….

Josh Athanas.

>sigh< well let it not be said my generosity was never offered. Just make sure Pongo has access to alternate transportation when he has to drag your drunk ass to the free clinic; I’m not so confident your Gremlin will make the trip.

with the same info provided, John and Phantom found me. :-p

I’ve been doing dry runs every weekend, making sure I’m in game shape come the ass whipping I’ll throw on you.

Tonight, I’m planning on doing a full 120, following by drinking a six pack a night in speedy fashion every night next week to keep me in the grove.

You sir, have no chance in this.

That’s just silly. If you are, do it on the tokbox chat so we can all watch you fail. I, for one, want video of you spewing all over your camera.

THe only thing I’m prepping for is trying to figure out what I’m going to eat on VBFII morning. I’mbasically getting up, showering, eating something and then cracking beers. It’s going to be a good fucking day.

And then it will get that much better as I taunt you mercilessly throughout the next two hours. I gotta admit, the idea of getting rapidly looped by 11am sounds mighty appealing.

I just wish there was a way we could record the video, too. Dang. Ah well, my flawless memory will serve me well.

called Freecorder that records some video, like YouTube and the like. I’ve never used it with webcams though, but we can try that tonight as well.

I’m in this to win. I’m batsthit crazy. Nothing will stop me from dominating this competition.
    NOTHING.
    If that means doing it all over again tonight and next saturday, then so be it; I’ve got the heart of a champion.

But y’all can start whenever you want!

You go ahead and practice. You’re going to end up being just as pissed as my wife, when we took a class together in college. She studied and studied; I attended class. We got the same grade. She was pissed. Meh. That’s how it goes.

You’re going to end up being able to handle this task only through practice after practice. I’m hitting it cold – just another day in the bar. When all is said and done, who is more awesomer? The guy who pickled his liver in training, or the guy who sits back and watches the poor fool sweat over it?

I think ahead to Junkie*Con and Last Man Standing. Your training regimen for that will likely be intervention-worthy.

(For those of you playing at home: I will be more awesomer.)

See, even though I’m running the gammet to night, I still expect to be able to do it while juggling russian bears while riding a unicycle singing “O Come All Ye Faithful” while piledriving a shark.

Cause I’m that damn good.

But, like any good battle plan, practice is needed or you’re going to pull a hammy out of the gate and we all laugh at you and take turns peeing on you while you hobble after us, broken and smelling like ammonia.

Video or it isn’t happening. You should know that by now.

Riding a unicycle while piledriving a shark? I would have believed either, but not the preposterousness of both.

You’ve heard slow and steady wins the race (and pleases the ladies) – my pace is set for me; i just waltz along the path. I’ll see you at the finish line, once Pongo drags your limp body across. And if you pee on me, I’ll win that bet too. Congratulations on finding multiple ways to lose! Have fun practicing.

…all over your face.

It is the best part of what makes VBF so fucking wonderful!! Please, whatever you do, don’t tire, don’t quit, and just keep it up for me all next week! Tongue out

wasn’t very dry but eight of us successfully chatted for over 3 hours last night!! It was fantastic seeing you all face to face, or at least hearing your sexy accent Del! Wink The participants were:

BigJohn, Athanas, Phantom, Kali, Del, JP, Gmork and myself.

If you’re not on Tokbox on Saturday for VBF II, you’re gonna miss out on something really great!!!

If you’re not on there, you must be a Pansy! ‘Cause only Pansies miss out on this grooviness, even if you have perfectly reasonable or logical reasons!!!
    [flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

Just sayin’

But I’ve heard stories of these no-initiative people and they are SUCH a pansy!
    [flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

Hard working high class call-boy in search of a new Madam to be in charge of his tricks. Must not be mentally demeaning and hurtful… but physically demanding is a plus!

Tongue out

::As if remembering something, Pondy brings out his 438 page KaliContract and begins flipping through the pages::
    ::After a few moments, his eyes widen in fright and shock::
    Holy crap… that’s a pretty harsh punishment for just posting that wanted ad!!!
    And what the hell are you gonna do with the lampshade and duct-tape???

I hope you’re taking the good lord’s advice and using this as a day of rest, Big John, as you will need it.

War is coming. Be prepared.

I think I’d actually bleed to death if you removed my body hair the way the contract says.

Are you sure you’d want to lose your investment in that manner?

Why don’t you go for option B instead of option A for the punishment… at least with that one I have a CHANCE of being able to walk correctly again in a couple months.

Who will be playing the part of Spock and who will be Kirk in this epic Battle to the Death!!!????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U

And an even more important question: Who will be the hottie you are fighting for???

Cleaning up, making sure spillage damages nothing important. I’m taking it as a day of ease, much like Saturday will be. If Friday was any indication, Saturday’ll be a piece of cake. I just hope you can control yourself and not jack off the whole time. I mean, I know I’m a looker, but we can all hear your squeaky chair. Don’t embarrassing yourself further.

Found out I have a TokBox account that I forgot about. Can be found under Das Nebel.

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, Member of the Gutter Sistren, and Pastry Princess

[flickr-photo:id=4759167440,size=m]

Now just have to get it set up. That will be later in the week. Will let you all know when.

Why, yes! I can! Finally got hold of a webcam…so if any of you are harbouring any “sexy Aussie movie starlet” fantasies about me, now would be a good time to abandon them. :p
    [flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~Proud Member of the Gutter Sistren~

Everyone wants to be ExotiSmurf! :)

*throws “sexy Aussie movie starlet” fantasies in the trash*

*reaches in and takes them back out*

I’ll believe it when I see it! Wink

And Kali’s it! Wink

So, Toxbox has a limit of 20 connections from what I hear, and this thing seems to be growing legs.

Lots of people seem to be keen on joining in, so I’m curious if we’re going to have an overflow problem.

So, if you will be in on the festivities, please post under this.

I take it since you didn’t post that you’re not in? I really thought you’d give up after trying a little harder, but you excel at finding new ways to disappoint.

will be there!!

Work calls, and well you know. Money makes the world go round. And the beer flow. I may check in from work, but with no beer on hand. I will miss the BS going on. So sad….Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

No? How about with bells on? You can guess where I put them! Wink

About time I got to witness this thing!

[flickr-photo:id=4759167440,size=m]

I finished that entire 12 pack on Friday and realized what a dripping, moist female reproductive orifice you are for doing 100 with that as opposed to 100 with stout.

See, I know I’ve now got nothing to fear: draught will be a cakewalk compared to the last round.

it’s looking like the 20 cap won’t be an issue at this point, though I’m expecting some stragglers to find their way in once the embarresment of Big John begins.

I’ve got to stop SOMEtime.

that will be broken off in Big John’s ass.

Too bad we’re going to be doing around 18. That’s ok, though. You can use the empty 12-pack case for a pillow while I run across the finish line.

Whatever will I do?
    I mean, after the 12 on Friday, it was as if I was still able to function perfectly and wished I had more beer.
    That means 6 more would…oh, oh, I can’t even think of it. The horror, the horror.

Big effin’ deal. You might stop after you do 120, but since I’ll still have beer in the fridge, I have every intention of continuing to drink.

Guess I’d best go get this tokbox thing loaded on my shiny new laptop.

The effect is cumulative. I know that’s a big word, but I assure you: It has nothing to do with cum. I’ll remember to use little words for you when it comes down to it. We’ll see how you handle those last 6. You may have to take a squeak break to help yourself make room for more fluid. I just hope you remember to turn the camera off this time.

BAH HA HA!!!!

foreplay!! Wink

I’m a little late but I will be attending as well!
    ———–

…of Nicole Kidman over my webcam, just for you. :)

because all the while I’ll get to see you struggling on your web cam, trying to not blow chunks for a dozen junkies to see.

You sir, are prime for a fall.

You’ve spent too much time in the Mile-High city. All that thin air is good for drinkin’, bad for thinkin’. It’s clearly impaired your judgement. But I’ve got a different kind of judgement for you.

Your day cometh. Rue it. RUE IT!

me me me me me

for Tokbox yet? Send me a friend request if you did.

At the cinema right now watching knight and day..

We’re doing another dry run tonight a little bit later. If you want, check in and see if we’re still on.

D’OH!

how do I add yall?

just search for me (Belladonna420) and add me.

:)

Wink

before Innocent

And I’m up and out by 06:30 tomorrow so rain check for tonight session.. but I had 3 glasses of rose in your honour! Have fun everyone and I’m there in spirit!

at VBF II!!!

im here… woulda been here sooner if not for CAPTCHA

Phantom demonstrated a semi-pretzel, Bella very nearly snorted beer out of her nose, I got naked and Big John showed us his purple bits. Where were YOU??!!

Unfortunately, I suffered from major lag…not sure whether it’s just my puter, or because of the distance involved? If anyone (ie. my fellow foreigners) wants to test out Tokbox in the middle of the American night, DM me here or on Twitter and we can give it a go.

Numbnuckle’s pillowcase matches BigJohn’s infamous robe. :)

Last night was soooo much fun!!! Thank you guys for a great chat!! I can not wait for VBF II!!! It has the potential to be a zillion times better!!

And that third hand he seems to need Athanas for to….enjoy…himself. Surprised Certainly explains all that squeaking the other night…

(Pics to the highest bidder! Tongue out)

Click

did this happen today? Gettin your ride fucked up is not fun. But the good thing is you were not hurt. Or where you? Sure hope not. Have fun tomorrow, I have to work and will try to check in if I can. Can I find you in the chatroom or where? I’m goin for a drink so bye for now….Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

Happened this afternoon. I’m a little sore and shaken up, but I’ll live. My poor little Rav4 on the other hand may have taken its last ride! Cry

Did you sign up on Tokbox.com? Just search for me (Belladonna420) and add me as a contact. Then I’ll be able to add you into the room.

Two things:

If possible, try to show up a little early so we can work out technical kinks if we need to. Especially if you haven’t participated in the dry run, keep in mind you pretty much MUST have earphones to listen with, otherwise there’s a crazy echo that everyone will hear.

Second, I made a Double Trouble Mix. 120 MInutes of 80s music with a small silent gap between songs. Bummed a bit cuz it didn’t turn out like I wanted, but it’s functional. 165MB MP3 available at this link:

http://homepage.mac.com/bigjohnv/Mix/80sDoubleTroubleMix.mp3

See you there tomorrow!

Glad you’re ok. Sorry about your poor car :(

I’m currently four beers into Oz election drinking game shenannigans (at 3pm Saturday afternoon). For me, VBFII starts at either 12 or 1am (for the life of me, I can’t figure it out) and will finish at around 3-4am Sunday morning. I already knew I was supposed to be working on Sunday afternoon, but I just got a call from my boss…and he wants me to start at 10am instead! Eek!!!

Apologies in advance for my behaviour tonight. :p

We only have THEIR word that they weren’t actually in the SAME HOUSE and hooking up in the kitchen while they were off-camera.

It *was* quite small. I imagine it would definitely turn things purple. But I’m not one to criticise people’s personal kinks and fetishes.

It starts at 12am for you. :)

Most of the online converters rely on you knowing exactly which CITY you’re looking for. Why not just the timezone? (The last one I looked at had EST listed as ‘Eastern Summer Time: Australia’…which is just plain wrong). Grrr!

For future reference – and for my mental health – I suggest Americans maybe add Chicago time, or New York time, or whatever…just to make things easier for dumb foreigners like me. :)

PS. Six beers in at 4pm. Imma gonna be tragic by tonight. :p

The “ring” Kali is speaking of is belladonna’s ring, not mine!

I got the webcam up and signed up at tokbox, you can find me at dozier1375.

You know how 30 minutes before game time!!

Come one, come all, watch Big John get his monkey ass kicked!

coming down to the zero hour.

… doing the squeaky dance.

… going down in flames.

And the winner is Athanas.

What did I say?? what did I say?!!

I’m fuckin’ black Jesus, motherfucker!!! I am the alpha and theomenga!!! I am the pimp to Big John’s bitch!!! I! Am! The! One!!!!

Fuck.

I may have won this one, but I know in a fight of this caliber, it’s any man for themselvles!

I respect the game that you bring and am loooking forward to last man standing, brother! It’s going to be a fight and maybe, next time, shit might be different.

I must get edified.

I won VBF II.

that, and you should tell us what Perry’s jersey # is. :-p

Ah, I shouldn’t kid – it was an awesome win!

I have to stop and go to bed now (it’s 4.30am), but I’m still talkin’, still walkin’ and still typing without typos. I will eat you alive. And you will cry and beg for more. x

… getting the coveted title of “Pansy”!

See, all you had to do was show up. LOL And it was wonderful to see you too!

Need to get on Tokbox and look for one of us — most of us are using the same screen names. Next time I hope we see you there. I’m thinking that Big John is going to do some serious training before the next rematch — but it’s inevitable

at least enough to join in the VBF fun. Take it really easy. And I would definitely look into a massage — you might be able to find a chiropractor that also has a masseuse. (I can’t spell for sh*t)

A little like getting pissed with the FDO…

It’s nice to actually be able to put faces to the names for those san-face in their avatars.
    Good stuff… haven’t laughed so much in quite a while, I must say!
    Just wish I had the chance to partake as well… but you know how those pesky duties are!
    CAPTCHA WTF: efflorescence fultato

That stuff is the ONLY thing that can give her a buzz… she only drinks beer for the taste!

Congrats on a well played… er, well guzzled… contest!
    Even had I missed the first hour, it would have been worth it all just for the broozed love fest at the end… I LOVE YOUZ GUYZ… <HICCUP>!

that’s how I am: I sell the fight before hand, then am respectful of my opponent when it’s all over.
    Unless he like steps on my neck or spits in my beer; then it’s still on.

and it’s the woman who is begging for more. >:-)

It’s on, madam, though your skills may be impressive, you WERE drinking for several hours while John and I drank what we drank in under 12 hours. If memory serves, I was still only a beer or two behind you at that point. ;-)

to the burps?!

You’re a machine Del!!! My money’s on you for VBF III!! Wink

I tell him/her not to look into people’s soul, but then he/she threatens to cut me… with his/her tail.
    Now a days, I just let him/her do what she wants… and she wanted to see who was on the menu… not sure who the intended is…
    Muhah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

Didn’t want to be passed out before vbf even started! (No trash talking from me. Posting from my phone. Too hard).

I didn’t realise the other option was on offer. That sounds much more fun than a drinking comp! :)

5 hours on the mountain, 8 hours by the pool. . . How many people ? Did anyone get any screen shots?

It was great to get to see who some of the junkies are in person.

That is all.

Ugh.

She would be the odds on favorite. I wonder how we could get to handicap it, so we could do alittle betting.

took a 4 hour nap, downed 2 bottles of powerade, drank an ass load of water, took a 45 minute shower and it STILL took until 12:30 at night before I felt human again.

gonna be awhile before I do this again.

Mount San Antonio, also known as Old Baldy or Mount Baldy, at 10,068 ft, is the highest peak in the San Gabriel Mountains, and the highest point in Los Angeles County. Mount San Antonio’s sometimes snow-capped peaks are visible on clear days and dominate the view of the Los Angeles skyline.

CAPTCHA gone wild: 1)) conoyfor

If you check your email you will find a lovely and unique consolation prize! Laughing

(Feel no shame – you are awesome!)

I only asked cause there is a My. Baldy in Trinity County, and was wondering if this was the same. I’m in the Bay Area so nither Mt. am I familer with. Have a real good rest of the weekend.

How are feeing after drinking the boys under the table. Hope your drive to work was uneventful.

Quite a consolation prize! It almost makes all the pain, headache and violent illness worth it!

as it turns out I was in Asheville for the weekend drinking my face off, so at least I have a good excuse. :-)

Tongue out

Hope you can make it next time.

A book? by who? or was it a movie??

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

L.A. ended up under water and survivors had hiked into the mountains. don’t remember the names of the mountains in the book but it might be

lots of jabs and quips were being thrown out for well over 90 minutes.

And I’ll be the first to say it…it may be a long, LONG time before we do this one again.

Whose idea was it to do that first thing in the morning, anyway?!?

Was quite long. I immediatly went upstairs, crawled into bed and forsook my gods. I followed the early-morning binge with a little afternoon and evening purge, and was feeling better by 9pm.

I played in the tournament and did ok, but not great. I was just fine for the tournament, though.

I think it had something to do with getting the junkies on the other side of the globe involved.

I’m seriously wondering if it was worth it. :-p

She’s already made a commitment to face off against Chuck Norris that day…

Went to sleep about 5am, got up at 9am, and travelled for most of the day to the edge of the desert. 14 hour day at work – frozen solid in the morning, then got major sunburn by lunchtime, frozen again by dusk. Up at 6am to do it all again today. No crocodiles, but I wrestled 1500 sheep!

He’s a pansy. ;p

and i wouldn’t say that too loud. was over at the chuck norris site awhile back and lurked in on their VBF.

norris was waaay ahead and he was eating the empties as he drained them. we’re talkin teeth crunchin glass bottles here

Did any one ever read “Event”By Golemon? I think that might be the one, Ill have to track down the book.

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

… you have song stuck in your head and you just can’t get it out. Well I have an image of Kali’s baby and it’s green puke stuck in my head and it ia driving me F*ing crazy. Thanks alot Kali. 

…yeah. not so bright.

..but for the record, Athanas won. I wasn’t actually trying to compete. I’m just your everyday, garden-variety drunk. :p

Never a good idea.

Now that we’ve all ‘friended’ each other on Tokbox…howzabout we get together sometimes? It’d be nice to have a few beers and a laugh every now and then. (Apparently my stupid puter can’t cope with any more than 4-5 people at the moment, but now that I know there’s a problem, I can try to get it fixed). What say the peanut gallery?

Just say when!

it’s the shit satellite connection you have, not your computer. i was in the same boat years ago. unless you can get someone to run 100 miles of calbe to the middle of nowhere, you may be outa luck

I’m not entirely sure what was going wrong. When there were heaps of people online, my CPU was running at 100% and I kept getting memory errors. With a handful of people, it was fine. I figure it’s a problem with either Vista (it’s notorious for ‘memory leaks’), lack of processing power, or my satellite connection. I’m hoping it’s one of the former, because I can do bugger all about the latter.

and does task manager say it’s talkbox? (or whatever its called)

I kept the task manager open…every time I joined the Tokbox conversation, the CPU flatlined at 100%. DEP also kept shutting IE down (until I disabled it). When we did the pre-VBF trials with only a handful of people online, it worked fine. The DEP problem happened a couple of times, but at least my CPU wasn’t going mental.

My satellite connection is 100mbps. I know that ain’t supa-fast, but surely it’s fast enough? I can watch videos, stream radio, etc with no problems…

then i guess it’s not your connection. Hope you get it figured out. Never used Vista but have heard horror stories. Yikes

There are not enough four-letter words in the English language to describe how I feel about it. As soon as I get the dollars, I’m gonna give Windows7 a go.

I got halfway through the bottle of and had to commit a serious foul and pour the rest out; I just wasn’t having it.

I think I’m now experiencing what greater minds like to call “a quandary”…

I made the switch from IE years ago and have yet to look back.

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure we can be friends any more.

Wouldn’t even know how to do it!

but I said a prayer while cycling through every bottlecap left over from Saturday, trying to seek forgiveness.

1. Download it.
    2. Install it.
    3. Use instead of IE.

:-p

from here.

I’m worried that you Ozzies might think a chat and a few beers means a 12-hour drink-a-thon… but I’d love to stop in for an hour or so!

So you can save the brew for some time when you feel better…

Doc

That has the potential for total grooviness!

I’m with you. I think I could only take an hour or 2.

Sometimes when a few of us are online at the same time, we could give it a bash. Maybe post on here and/or on Twitter that a chat’s in progress and people can just join in if they want? Or one-on-one chats, even? Just figured that now we have it all set up, we may as well make use of it. Or at least keep it in mind.

I *can* behave, you know. It might hurt, but I’m sure I can manage it. :p

So I don’t have everyone friended on TokBox.

Doc

Just look for “Scott Ponds”…

Why is there an “s” at the end? I blame booze… never create accounts when you can’t even see straight…

Or is the s what is left of the e when it tried to escape?

Doc

I set up the account after a night of drinking and a comedy show (John “Dr. Dirty” Valby) via my BlackBerry at 1 or 2AM.

Needless to say, it was the worst possible scenario to set one up.

Luckily I didn’t screw it up any more than I did… i could have easily set one up under Jimmy Bigbalz or some other form of nonsense…

to start calling you “Jimmy Bigbalz”!!!

Tongue out

Obviously.

Doc

So, why exactly do they call you Bigbalz? Tongue out

“Phantom Reverie” Laughing

It’s kind of tough to explain the moniker… I’d have to show you for the full effect…

Only without the underscore: del detriment

Installed Firefox last night and it’s made a world of difference! I’ll be interested to see if it helps with my Tokbox problems.

yeah, I’m good.

Thunderbuns suggested an anaversary party for the nearly 3 year old Crack Hits Saga thread. That might be a tokbox kind of thingLaughing

Foot in mouth

join in the fun. I did manage to stop by and say hi a couple of times though!

– World’s Youngest Junkie!

… your Bigbalz?

Doc

I’ll just take his word for it! Surprised

Doc

One just doesn’t stop for lack of an excuse.

Doc

… taking all the fun out of life for centuries….

<SIGH>

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

Doc

… it’s typically other people afflicted with those maladies that stop my fun. Darn party poopers!

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

Seems kind of unsanitary to me! Tongue out

… going to those kinds of parties.

Doc

What people will do to you once you’ve passed out again… with your pants down in the living room.

I always try to pass out in a bed.

Doc

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.