This topic contains 40 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Danny Lundy Danny Lundy 3 years, 7 months ago.

V

Okay, who watched it and what did you think? Personally I thought it was very well done, though there were a few stumbles here and there. Either way, much better than the original.

. prvt john bennett (major charecter) the crypt.

.100% Texan

.redhed

but haven’t watch it yet.  I plan to tonight.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

I really enjoyed it. They got things moving fast with allusions to past events, and time-truncating the V’s arrival (they are here, one commercial break later, they’ve been here for three weeks). It was tricky storytelling and the writers did a good job with it.

However, I have to brace myself to deal with two things: 1) the scientific idiocy of bi-pedal "lizard men" from another planet that have our same body plan save for green skin and big eyes, and 2)  the even more absurd concept that "lizard men" can just go ahead and breed with humans. Sure, we can’t even breed with Earth reptiles, let alone "reptile men" from another frickin’ planet.

It was entertaining.  It did make me nostalgic for the olden days when these shows were cool just cause they were… 

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #4 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

So far, so good. I remember the original quite fondly.

But I don’t think the plot is going to hold up to much scrutiny — suspend disbelief now and just go with the flow. 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

When was there any mention of breeding? Don’t tell me I missed something important because I left the room and forgot that modern technology lets me pause my TV again. 

**There ain’t no rest for the wicked, and money doesn’t grow on trees. I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, ain’t nothing in the life for free.**

DVR not set.  FAIL.  Hoping ABC will stream it.

Well, I don’t remember that from the pilot. And we were watching DVR, so I don’t think I missed anything important like that. Perhaps the FDO has knowledge that we are not privy to yet.

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

What a movie to watch on bonefire nite, with a few ppl talking about it on here i am gonna put it on when i get home from work 2nite.

Yer it is a really good film like how they have taken Alan moore grathic novel an brought it into the 21st century. Altho i havent finished it, only read the 1st part an i havnt come across any lizard men??? i no its not in the film, so i am wondering what thats all about.

But now it makes more sense if that’s what he was referring to.

The costume turned out pretty good!

I posted this in the Random thread, but here’s a link to some other pics from the party I went to, if you’re interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/belladonna420/sets/72157622717088944/

I think the FDO is referencing the events of the original series.  I remember the "birthing scene" vividly. It was disgusting by 1980′s standards. Mild by today’s standards.

…and I dug it!

I expected it to suck but they did a really good job setting up the story.  Some things seemed a bit rushed and I wish they would have had the time to flesh a few more aspects, but it still really well done.  Hope it continues to be good.

I did the same thing.  It’s available on hulu.

Apparently, you have never been to Tijuana.  There was a stage show that had bi-pedal lizards breeding with humans…or was that a donkey?  Damn tequila

Much better than the original, but of course technology has progressed a lot since then.

Just hope it continues to impress.

Really enjoyed it definitely worth a watch but comeon that head V woman is creepy as fuck and not remotely trustworthy.  Dunno why they all thought she was so fit… wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her.

She’s the same actress that was in Firefly and Serenity. Totally different look. 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

I knew she looked familiar!!!!!!!!

creepy creepy creepy… they look like they would blink upwards … you reckon that might be how she got the part?

Has Thanksgiving messed up US TV scheduling?  I don’t seem to be able to get new episodes of V and a couple of other US shows at the moment?

The last new episode we got was on 11/24

You can watch it here: http://abc.go.com/shows/v/episode-guide/its-only-the-beginning/341377

The website says that new episodes return in MARCH 2010! March! WTF??

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

I don’t think V is coming back till February. Not 100% sure about that, but I know it’s going to be off for a while.

the very last line of Beth’s post…  March ’10.  Well, I was close.

I know ABC says the show will return in March. I have bad luck and almost all the shows I get into seem to get axed. I hope that’s not the case here. Flash Forward is supposed to return around the same time.

got green-lighted for at least a full season. I thought I heard that Flash Forward got cancelled already though……

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

If it is true that Flash Forward got cancelled, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’ve been watching since the beginning and I like the concept. However, It’s not one of my favorite shows. I prefer V. If FF returns, I will watch, though.

I still have three episodes of V to watch on my DVR. Maybe that’s what I’ll do on this snowy day!

All the shows I get into get cancelled… but then it’s probably the same shows that you’re watching… it’s all your fault… you ruined my viewing ….Ba****d!!

(however that argument could work either way so I’m therefore sorry for ruining your viewing pleasure)

I just saw a commercial for the next episode of FF last night. It will air on 3/18.

“The show’s future will not be decided until it returns from a three-month hiatus next month, but the fact that “FlashForward” is now on its third showrunner is certainly a warning sign — and the fact that ratings fell consistently through its first batch of episodes is another. Even critics, who originally praised the show, found it disappointingly inconsistent as it progressed. Gorman predicts that the show faces certain cancellation unless it can post higher numbers when it returns.”

I’ll be watching the show while it’s on. It’s not bad, but it did fall off quite a bit as it went on. I must say that I haven’t been a big fan of Joseph Fiennes in this. His character is a bit hard to root for.

when the season resumed? I’m just wondering if it is worth the effort of getting hold of the new episodes or if it turned out to be a bit of a damp squib

Pusher, Poet and Pet Protector

but I haven’t watched them yet….

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

the first four and will watch the rest at some point, but Shadygirl and I are trying to decide if we want to download them through iTunes or just buy the DVD set once the season completes. We really liked the first episodes though!

The story is pretty good, but the production is horrible!!! They are using green screens for all the “on ship” scenes and the CGI backgrounds are absolutely the worst I’ve ever seen. The SyFy show Sanctuary does a better job of green screening, and that’s really saying something. I cannot say enough about how bad the SFX are in this show, but the storyline is what keeps me coming back. My advice, keep up with it on Hulu if you’re interested, then purchase the series later if you think it’s worth the money. Personally, I wouldn’t buy the DVD with someone else’s money, much less my own.

**Conjunction Junction, what’s your function? No seriously, I slept through grammar class, so I have no idea what you do.**

I remember the on-ship shots being questionable in the first four. Maybe we’ll see if anyone here has them on DVD and borrow them. Unless we just can’t stand waiting. (Accessing services like Hulu is hit and miss here since we have a non-US based ISP. Blows.)

Still not sure if it’s worth watching.
    One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

…an episode and turned it off.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.