This topic contains 25 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of nilling nilling 4 years ago.

Unkillable – Patrick E. McLean

• Profile photo of nilling

What if Han was one of us?

Release date 17/06/05

aka nilling

Profile photo of sadock

It’s quite possible he has the complete podiobook up at both those places. I tend to wait for stuff to finish being released at Podiobooks.com. Don’t have to do my own editing to get rid of the jibber jabber that way. Plus I like supporting PB & the authors simultaneously.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of sadock

Ah, The Seanachai, we miss you so. That one was released a *long* time ago. Before I even discovered The Seanachai (2/11/07). Certainly worth listening to.

Flinchy and the Mexican Snow Truck remains one of my favorites. Even if those two have nothing whatsoever to do with one another.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of Renee Jordan

The Han episode is called “The Han Solo Theory”, and he talks about how Han’s character was the Everyman that folks could relate to, which is why the original trilogy is so much better than the prequels. In addition to having no coherent storyline, absolutely pointless sub-plots, and a complete lack of a defined main character, the prequels did not have an “Everyman” character that viewers could relate to, thus get invested in where the story went.

I use the term “story” very loosely there, because they were basically little more than a metric crap-ton of CGI… oh, and there were some actors who said some things that no one really paid attention to. Seriously, Michael Bay could have made Episode 1-3 and no one would have noticed the difference.

If ya’ can’t tell, I have some pretty strong feelings about what Lucas did to the Star Wars franchise. He basically took a giant steaming crap all over the Epic Moral Tale of my generation while screaming “Fuck ALL you bitches, I’m RICH!!!”

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

…the whole thing seems to be done, because the entire story is available on Zune Marketplace.

Haha, suck it, iPod users :)

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Profile photo of sadock

….dimension to McLean’s work. Not sure if I’d say it’s as pronounced as Sigler’s, but there is a huge difference between print & audio for both of them.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of nilling

…so will listen to the podcast rather than read the ebook.

aka nilling

Profile photo of sadock

……just doing the audio recording now. We won’t have to wait on him to write anymore. WooHoo!!!

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Gmork

Among his original podcast stories is a diatribe on Han Solo that, I believe, is one of the most compelling arguements for why that character worked and why we as readers root for Han. Also I can’t remember the title of the story but there’s a short episode where Patrick uses a pirate persona to chide him for not backing up his computer. I think I listened to that one a thousand times!

Profile photo of Stephen Wood

I’ll STFU Laughing

Profile photo of nilling

out those storys as well :)

aka nilling

Profile photo of nilling

Unkillable is also available as an ebook at Smashwords for $2.99

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31634

aka nilling

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

The episodes of How To Succede In Evil were about 10-20 minutes each.

Profile photo of sadock

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Stephen Wood

Anyone else find the episodes a bit, well short?

Profile photo of sadock

I *adored* the Cheap Labor storyline. El Justiador wasn’t too bad either.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of sadock

He’s highly entertaining to see live as well. Check him out on a panel if you get the opportunity.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of sadock

Now, I won’t be listening until he’s done with the book, but that’s just the way I am. I learned early on that I go through books way too fast to be waiting on an author.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Gmork

I so dig ‘How to Succeed in Evil’! I really liked the Edwin, the concept of an Evil Efficiency Consultant and how dark the series got. Hoping ofr more with ‘Unkillable’ and it certainly looks to be going that route. Glad I was your impetus :)

Profile photo of nilling

It was through you that I found How to Succeed in Evil :) thanks!

aka nilling

Profile photo of Michael Brown

For ever in our hearts, Mitchell “The Machine” Fayed #34

Profile photo of Nemesis0

last night on podiobooks. Sounded interesting. Whenever i get back into listening to podcast books i’ll probably check it out.

Profile photo of Stephen Wood

Getting a big list of stuff I need to listen too

Profile photo of Gmork

I really dig Patrick’s work. As I posted in another thread, I’m listening to Unkillable as well and love Patrick’s work. I’m intrigued to see where Unkillable is going. Highly recommend any of Patrick’s work. Witty, funny, sometimes dark but always original.

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

on your recommendation!

Stay Alive

Profile photo of nilling

Is anybody else listening to this fantastic podcast?

http://patrickemclean.com/

It’s a deliciously dark tale of a man murdered in an alley and brought back to “life” by a rat to reek revenge.

Go get some Junkies…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.