This topic contains 22 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Scott Wilson Scott Wilson 4 years, 8 months ago.

True Blood and Being Human.

It has set the seires up to be so good. Well i think this show is much more than just a vampire, warewolfs an ghosts, it makes it so much better. Dont no what every1 think about the vampires been able to walk around in day light but think it would be wrong if they didnt in this.

An is there any real need to make an american version of sumthing that is so good??? cos its just never gonna be quite the same, an this normal dont work. The exception the offices, or i am i just missing the point???

The sci-fi channel or "siffy" will have its own version of Being Human. Hoping to air this summer. Click link for more info.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2010/01/14/us-version-of-being-human-adds-writers/

Yes!! And after seeing episode one, I can’t wait to see where the story is going. I must admit that I’m normally a vampire fan. But, this show has me more often then not howling for the warewolfs.

Anyone looking forward to the begining of the second series 2moro nite? It’s looking really got from the adverts

I would suggest only watching the pilot after you’ve seen the first season. This was the way I saw it. You’ll be able to enjoy seeing the differences without the confusion. 

…….but I may have to give it a second chance as much as Pip pimps it on Twitter.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

I must have missed the pilot.  I don’t remember there being different actors…  I agree that vampires shouldn’t be seen during the day.  They are Creatures of the Night!

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

It was a bit disorienting going from the pilot to the first episode. Every actor changed except the guy who is playing the werewolf. I really liked the ghost lady, the female vampire, and the vampire leader that were in the pilot. I do prefer the vampire roommate in the main series however. We’ll see how things progress. I’m still pretty disturbed by any series that lets vamps stroll around during the day.

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Being human is well worth a watch, very different to anythin else with vampires, wearwolfs or ghosts in, you should deffo watch it. Looking forward to getting into true blood as its just started on channal 4 in the uk

Oh yeah! True Blood all the way! :) I’ve heard of Being Human, but haven’t watched it. Sounds very interesting though.

This is the second thread in a row. Silly girl, you’ve already got plenty of CH’s! Money mouth

Yes, both shows definitely diverge from the novels. I actually think this is refreshing. At first I was disappointed but then decided it was a good thing. You get original entertainment four times instead of only twice Tongue out

By the time I watch Season 2 of True Blood, I’m betting that I will have forgotten the novel anyways. I do think that what Blood Ties did with the ‘Sun Mummy’ was pretty criminal however. They took a novel length story and reduced it down to a 44 minute episode. That’s getting close to the eating kittens range of wrongness Frown

I’ve thought that, but never said it out loud!!!  LOL!!

Although I do have to say that I am a little disappointed that the show doesn’t follow th gookw more closely.  Always my issue when I read the book/books first.  Even though I will say that having read the books does not ruin the show for me because both are fantastic!

Proud member of GirlCo! 

Sadock!!  No problem man. I try to get a quick post in while my boss head is turn, when I can’t sleep, or right before I rush out the door for Sunday school. So I expect mistakes. And yes, feel free to bring these to my attention. 

It’s much more the printed word that it bugs me. Spoken language gets mangled all the time. Writing is a more formal medium, so unless it’s obvious that the person is doing it on purpose (eg LOLcats), then it bugs me.

[flickr-photo:id=3958822882,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3958341944,size=s]

I wasn’t intending to complain. I really thought the most likely explanation was that English was not your native tongue. I apologize if I offended you somehow.

[flickr-photo:id=3958822882,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3958341944,size=s]

… you could say "No, its your stupidity that makes you feel stupid." That approach might cost you all your friends though, I suppose. :) 

**UNdead/GirlCo - We’ll eat your brains and look good doing it.**

Please feel free to tell me of my mistakes. English is my only language and I’d be  the first to admit I KANT SPEAL FOO SHYT !!! (And/Or type)But make sure to point out my errors and not just complain about them. How can I improve if you don’t? Ultimately my goal was to get my suggestion out there about two great shows. Everyone has agreed with me. So, atleast I got my point across. But some of you should pull the sticks out your a$$e$. With all the vampires out there the world would be a better place without another pain in the neck to worry about. 

On the boards, but I can’t help myself from yelling at the stupid sports announcers – they NEVER get the good vs. well usage correct. Aarrrggghhh.

The QB did not throw the pass good, he threw it well. 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs! Got my signed copy of "The Rookie"

Haven’t seen "True Blood" yes, no $ for HBO.

There was also a short-lived series called "Strange" that they’ve been showing on one of the cable channels. Ex-priest hunts demons – check it out sometime. 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs! Got my signed copy of "The Rookie"

I love both of those shows!  I started reading the True Blood-based books when the second season started.  Honestly, it’s hard to get into them because even though the plot is pretty much the same from book to show, some of the characters are different, have bigger or smaller parts or are not in the book or series at all.  I was having a hard time keeping things straight in my head so I decided to put the books away until the season ended.  So now that it has, I may try to pick up where I left off. 

Sadock, I also tend to be a bit of a grammar nazi, but after getting yelled at by my friends for correcting them all the time, I’ve tried to tone it down a bit.  They claimed I made them feel stupid!  I personally think I was keeping them from looking stupid to others by correcting them, but I guess not everyone sees things the same way.

Looked on your profile, but there’s no location listed. JP & company have me trained pretty well to chill out as a grammar nazi, but it’s painful when there’s a dozen errors in such a short post. If English is your second language, I’m totally cool with it. I only know one language and can only imagine how difficult a second (or third, fourth, etc.) language would be. Otherwise, please at least use a spell checker before you post.

As far as the post itself goes, I have to agree with you about True Blood. I think it’s the best Vampire series since Blood Ties, which Lifetime canceled prematurely. You’ll be happy to know that HBO has already renewed Blood Ties for a third season and it is HBO’s most watched show since the Sopranos. Have you read any of the novels?

Don’t waste your time with other Vampire shows. True blood is a show for the true vampire lover. This is not you little dauther’s vampire story. Oh noo! This is not the story of eturnal puberty, prom dates, and after school fights. If that’s what you want, then I suggest The vampire Diaries. But when you grow up, True Blood will keep you wanting more. The first two season have left me with a major blood lust. 

The BBC has also but out one season of Being Human. A story of three roomates who just so happen to be a Ghost, a Warewolf, and yes a Vampire. You might think this to be comedic and it often is, but thier dark super naturial problems are nothig to laugh at. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.