This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 2 months ago.

Transgenic Disease.

FOXNews.com

Health Officials Confirm Swine Flu Cases in New York

Sunday , April 26, 2009

AP

get_a(300,250,”frame1″);ADVERTISEMENT

NEW YORK  — 

New York City was dealing with a growing public health threat Sunday after tests confirmed that eight students at a private Catholic high school had contracted swine flu. Some of the school’s students had visited Mexico on a spring break trip two weeks ago.

New York officials previously had said they were eight probable cases, but Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that it was swine flu, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

About 100 students at St. Francis Preparatory School complained of flu-like symptoms.

Click here for more about the swine flu.

Bloomberg stressed that the cases in New York were mild and many are recovering, but also said that parents of the students also had flu symptoms, "suggesting it is spreading person to person."

He said that the virus likely came from Mexico, although that has not officially been determined.

"We do know that some of the students from the school had a spring break in Mexico," Bloomberg said, surrounded by top city officials and members of Congress. "It is most likely to be brought back from Mexico, but nobody knows."

Federal health officials said Sunday that 20 cases of swine flu have been reported so far in New York, Ohio, Kansas, Texas and California. Patients have ranged in age from 9 to over 50. At least two were hospitalized. All recovered or are recovering.

In Mexico, health officials say a strain of swine flu has killed up to 81 people and sickened more than 1,000.

New York officials said the flu strain discovered in the patients here is similar to the one in Mexico, but not as severe at this point. They are still conducting tests to investigate the strain in New York.

St. Francis is the largest private Catholic high school in the nation, with 2,700 students. The school canceled classes on Monday and Tuesday in response to the outbreak.

Parent Jackie Casola said Sunday that her son Robert Arifo, a St. Francis sophomore, told her on Thursday that a number of children had been sent home because of illness. On Friday, he said hardly anyone was in school.

Casola said she expected to keep him home from school on Monday, even if it was open. He hasn’t shown any symptoms, but some of his friends have, she said, and she has been extra vigilant about his health.

"I must have drove him crazy, I kept taking his temperature in the middle of the night," she said.

I’m in Aus but the ancestors will be coming soon if all goes according to the FDO’s plan.

of bird, swine, and human strands of flu… if thats not transgenic… i dunno wat is…

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Catamounts Sports update:

WCU Catamounts Softball has won a thrilling victory over the EVVVILLLL Appalachian State University……6-5 in 8 innings..

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

::crosses fingers for zombie apocalypse::

We haven’t had any cases yet, but there are a few people in neighbouring regions who have mild cases of the swine flu. I don’t know if I should set up barricades and fire warning shots at out of towners or just go for the "scorched earth" approach.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I’m your pusher (as of 03/11/09).

My boss is in Mexico at the moment, so when he gets back Im going to turn his office into a safe room, only problem is I dont have an oxygen supply for it, never mind!

Made of pure H1N1. I think Bird Flu is also made of H1N1. I guess we’re on the cusp of “When Pigs Fly Flu.” Sheer chaos. CHAOOOOOOSSSSSS!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Is it possible that the FDO started this? Remember the beginning of Ancestor. Could this be one of the signs that hail the FDO’s invasion is near?

-The OSU vs. Michigan game. 800 years of tradition and the rivalry is still strong as ever

However, "When Pigs Fly Flu" deserves some serious props.  Well done. :-)

especially whenever someone sneezes or coughs you and/or your classmates immediately say ‘Swine Flu!’ or ‘Hey, you been to Mexico?’ Yup, my pastry class has turned it into poking fun!

• The Pastry Princess; Evil Incarnate and proud Member of GirlCo!

doesn’t it cause the dough to fall when you poke your pastry?

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

After all, there’s never a dull moment in Mid-World. Long days and pleasant nights!

everything in it. Then shrink wrap his door and be sure there’s a sign inside the shrink wrap that says, “Hermetically sealed for your protection. And ours.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.