This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of CPK IrishmanFromOhio CPK IrishmanFromOhio 5 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Request: Introductions Thread

it can be intimidating, your playing boths side in tne name of GirlCo? I mean, Junkies nice? Junkies that lurk around? I thought Lurking around was an unspoken requirement*ms*

The Irishman from Ohio

I did lurk for a while before I was comfortable enough to post anything, so I think this is a great idea. I actually even emailed Scott to ask what crack hits were and how I got them! He was quick to respond and very nice about it, but I’m sure he gets tired of receiving dumb emails like that!  Maybe set up a welcome email with a link to the thread where they can ask questions, etc. WITHOUT too much razzing.  A little is ok, but you don’t want to scare people off either!  Some of us haven’t been doing this as long as others!  Lol.

It can also be kind of intimidating, since everyone seems to know everyone else so well. Once you get started though you realize how nice everyone is and that when you share a common interest like world domination and the honorable FDO it becomes much easier to share! Just my humble non OJ opinion Laughing

• If they can’t take the heat, then torch them! 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.

He has more than one alias.  With treed it is hard to know which one he will use.  If you stick around long enough you’ll eventually know them all!!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

That’s why I said "Don’t call me Shirley"!!!!!  HeeHee!!!!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

thank you for wearing paints. But who changed your name to Shirley?..Tongue out

The Irishman from Ohio

should have used sheila (aussie term for female)
was thinking of the movie airplane when i used your name, dollface
http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

I think this is a great idea, but part of the difficulty with this is that the thread could quickly be buried under more current threads. 

To resolve this, I think this could be a pin (not sure what the official term is) like the FDO’s podcast schedule for 2008: updated 12-20-08 thread so that it always stays above the active threads. That way newbie can find it easily.

A welcome Junkies that are to scared or intimidated to jump right in a join the fun thread.  :p 

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

Be careful how you take my name in vain!!!!!!  I don’t wear pink shirts and don’t call me Shirley – it’s MuchAdo to you my good friend!!!!!

you have GOT to be KIDDING!!
CODDLE NEWIES?!
put me in a pink shirt and call me shirley!

hells bells, man, have you gone SOFT?!
newbies need to learn their lot in life as soon as possible. they are CANNON FODDER until they earn the right to put others in front of them when the invasions begin. they are to be treated like the newly formed pond scum that they are, in this, they will realize their lot in life and that the FDO treats all junkies the same (with maybe the exception of mae, pulsar and gmork) LIFE AS A JUNKIE IS TO BE DESPISED BY ALL, even by fellow junkies.
(be nice to newbies, i’d rather have a brain aneurysm and be left a vegetable)

ok, now, anyone for a spot of tea??

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Avatar of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

Just a thought, but many other forums have threads which new members can say hello and older members and admins can welcome them into the comunity. This would be a very good thing to have, as it would help new recruits to feel at home and not to be scared by the intensity of us hardcore Junkies.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.