This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Mathis Wrenn Mathis Wrenn 3 years, 2 months ago.

This ultra-fluffy critter was right up Siglers ally.

It just goes to show, The FDO has always been incharge of all living things on planet earth…

Predator X Was Most Fearsome Animal to Swim Oceans

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A marine monster described as the most fearsome animal ever to swim in the oceans boasted a bite up to 11 times as strong as that of Tyrannosaurus rex.

The fossil remains of the huge pliosaur were dug up last summer from the permafrost on Svalbard, a Norwegian island close to the North Pole.

Analysis revealed that it was a turbo-charged swimmer. Its front flippers allowed the creature, dubbed Predator X, to cruise along comfortably but when prey came into range the power of its hind flippers kicked in to provide extra acceleration.

Measurements of its jaw and the killing power of its dagger-like teeth have shown that it could bite down with a force of 33,000 pounds per square inch compared with T. rex‘s 3,000lb per square inch. Alligators have the strongest bite today with about 2,500 pounds per square inch.

Researchers have been astonished by the size of the reptile, which exceeded even that of another pliosaur, called The Monster, which was found at the same site a year earlier.

Predator X is thought to have been at least 50 feet long, perhaps more, and measurements of its bulk suggest that it would have weighed in at 45 tons.

Its discovery was announced yesterday in Oslo by Joern Hurum, of the University of Oslo, who led the expedition to dig up the remains. At least 20,000 fragments have been recovered including most of the jaws, which were 10 feet long. Dr Hurum said: "It was the most ferocious hunter ever. It’s like a turbo-charged predator. This is a very, very large carnivore

ain’t no cow!

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

an otter….

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Lady Catamounts beat the College of Charleston Lady Cougars 101-87 in a record 3 overtimes

WCU LADY CATAMOUNTS ARE 2009 SOCON CHAMPIONS! Next stop, March Madness!!!!!

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I’m your pusher (as of 03/11/09).

or is it?

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (5000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

A potato. Yup…definitly not a potato.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

The Jury is still out on that one…

Western Carolina Lady Catamounts beat the College of Charleston Lady Cougars 101-87 in a record 3 overtimes

it may be awhile.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (5000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Avatar of Christopher P. Kearney

The Irishman from Ohio

Baby McButter’s brother from another mother.

fo shizzel….

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

I definitely think it’s a potato.

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

http://image.yaymicro.com/rz_512x512/0/48e/hung-jury-48e88a.jpg

Photobucket

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.