This topic contains 111 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter Insignificant Blood Splatter 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

The Walking "F'ing" Dead

New show “The Walking Dead”! its in its 3rd week and it’s a monster of a hit. A brain eating monster.
    its set up for a 6 episode run and i hope that it gets 600 more.

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Haven’t read the graphic novel it’s based on and have to wait until it’s on the site to watch it, but I’m hooked! Awesome show. They’ve announced a 13 episode season after this one, so hopefully that’s a promise AMC can keep.

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Yea a bunch of my friends, many of which are not zombie fans, love THE WALKING DEAD. I love it. I wish they were doing more episodes for this season, but the 13 episode second season should be good if they keep up with the same quality as theyve had so far.

a new episode last night? I don’t get to see it as it airs, have to wait for it up on the site, but I don’t think I’ll get to see it until sometime after Thanksgiving. :(

“Clever girl.” ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

Only two episodes left! Cry

bummed that there are only 2 more episodes, but stoked that there’s going to be approx. a dozen for season 2.

I always prefer the long form TV series (as opposed to a movie), and hope that the quality of this series remains at such a high level.

From the 3 episodes which have aired in the UK so far, the future bodes well for the rest of the series. If a second series is planned, then a 13 episode run seems about right – too many episodes and it becomes tedious. In my opinion, the best shows are those that have a 12-13 episodes season run – The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy, to name a few.

The Walking Dead is excellent television and I, for one, would welcome a second series.

I’m trying to deny the two episodes left part for now. D:

I’ll be very happy with a 13 episode season. 6 is a bit short for my tastes. xD

and now the makers know it’s been a success, so could probably commit to a 13 episode second series.

AMC is apparently not allowing any streaming of TWD except for the pilot episode. The chatter I hear (i.e. unsubstantiated internet rumors) is that AMC is experimenting with the tactic of not allowing any licensed internet broadcast of TWD in order to drive the large numbers of viewers who have abandoned traditional TV for the convenience of internet viewing back to regular scheduled TV broadcasts and/or to get folks to buy the DVD set when it comes out. It makes a kind of sense, and other cable networks are currently experimenting with similar tactics. SyFy is releasing new episodes of Stargate Universe on Hulu 30 days after the original release and are apparently planning to do the same thing with Warehouse 13 in the next season.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

doesn’t stop my sadness. :P

Companies and the people behind them are so stupid. With as much stuff as this household gets ahold of, I’m pretty confident we’ll find a way to watch it and stick it to the stupidness. >_> If we can’t watch it via internet streamed, we can’t watch it at all. Not all of America has cable or whatnot. The only reason this house has a TV is because of the large amount of video games they all play. The house I pay to live in doesn’t even have cable plugs and we can’t get TV any other way. -foams at the mouth at greedy peoples-

Saw the first two episodes. Pretty good. A bit of a problem for me is I like explanations — how did things come to be, how does the virus/bacteria/prions work, etc. Clearly, that is not part of the storytelling here. There is a zombie apocolypse, the survivors want to survive, and they don’t really give a shit how it came to be. In two episodes, not once have I heard “what happened?”

I’m down for episodes 3 and 4.

That may come eventually (I would like it to). I’d actually like to get ahold of someone who read the graphic novel and see if that was addressed in there or not.

I certainly agree with you on this point Scott, but is it a ploy by the makers to keep you hooked?

With no backstory so far, the ‘event’ having already happened, we can imagine all sorts of scenarios having occurred – but a little bit of information, a hint, a tease, might have been good. It only has to be something small to make us think ‘WTF’, and I am sure there has been nothing to suggest what went on.

Who knows? I might have missed a vital plot marker – I certainly don’t think so, but I will re-watch and see if there is something in there that passed me by.

And like you, I’m down for the next episodes.

Stay Alive

Asked someone who had read the graphic novel and they didn’t recall it ever coming up, simply because none of the /people/ with them knew. o3o

"Clever girl." ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

Watched the 4th episode today. O__________________O
    That is all I have to say. O__________________O

"Clever girl." ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

One of the first two breathers he comes across says that a flu got his wife “Just burned her out” I think he says and he says she had a heart condition so they couldn’t move to fast. I think her heart problem was supposed to be just a fact and not the reason she died. And I thought he said it was going around or something along those lines. I have never read the comic so I don’t know if there is a back story.

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Frank Darabont may only direct one episode so there will be a change in the second season style. And it wont be back on until Oct 31st 2011!

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

I shall nervously wait on that before passing judgment. >_<

and that he’ll only know once it’s written down in the book.

The kicker is he has no plans to ever reveal it as it’s not really the point of the series.

The genre usually has an unexplained event which precedes the story – and the plot is usually on the after-effects, the survival of those who are unaffected, the struggles and their attempts to re-establish some semblance of humanity.

The being-in-a-coma-while-the-world-ends is a complete rip-off of 28 days later. Come on!!

I agree that there hasn’t been enough conjectioneering on the part of the characters about what caused the dead to walk. There’s a teaser on the source of the plague 5 years into the comic series, but I don’t know if it ever amounts to anything.

Its a horror tv-series so I’m watching it, and enjoying it, but I think its a little too obvious so far (if such a thing can be said about a zombie apocalypse without just being redundant).

We’ve got the Big Bad Racist who puts being racist and being in charge above his own survival. That’s a cartoon, not a character. (It’s also cartoonish that T-dawg went back to try to let him loose.) We’ve also got Big Bad Wifebeater who pokes his head out just in time to get it caved in. Racist dude wasn’t in the comic, I don’t believe the Wifebeater guy was either.

It grates. In a post-apocalyptic survival situation (or more interesting zombie fare), someone doesn’t have to be ALL BAD to be big time trouble, and what happens when someone who is utterly despicable doesn’t present the heroes immediately with the opportunity to chain him to something, or bash his brains in, and feel all righteous about it? (Hint: The answer is better television).

This is not the end because if it is HOLY SHIT!

am I missing out?!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

This is not the end because if it is HOLY SHIT!

In the uk to find out what all the fuss is about.

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren and CBBC Tigress

so check their schedules again.

Showed ALL 6 episodes last Sun/Mon. Even on a second showing it was still a great show and really looking forward to Season 2, anybody know when that will air?

aka nilling

“… expect a lengthy wait, as season two won’t be airing anytime soon.” Frown

That someone made a tv show about zombies!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

Walking Dead is awesome. I agree that the quality of the episodes was excellent. I can’t wait for the new series, hopefully it won’t be too long to reach the UK.

Fred

Only TV show I’ve actually paid to see right away besides Doctor Who. Looking forward to it’s return!

is obviously the only month to show quality zombie shows. Me? I’d watch it all year?

I managed to miss this one and everyone I know is recommending it. Can I find it on Netflix instead?

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

on netflix streaming but i am sure you could get the discs sent to you but i would say just buy it, its really good i got it on blue-ray and it looks phenominal

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

But it was a reasonable download on iTunes.

I will definately look for it, cause I love zombies that are done well. And I have heard that these are. Maybe I’ll give it a few episodes on Netflix just to be sure and then buy it, I buy all the shows I enjoy eventually…literally all.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

LOVE IT! I liked last season’s too!

is on AMC.com. Recently debuted at ComiCon. 4 1/2 min long. As usual, looks great!

cuz the trailer starts out with a re-hash of season 1. But then it starts going with the season 2 stuff, and HOLY CRAP.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Thanx! I will definitely check it out when I next open the laptop. I have the 6 episodes & I have the urge to go watch them!

I’m hoping the show doesn’t suffer with the loss of Frank Darabont, but I have a feeling it’ll still brin hte awesome.

i have been a time or three. But it looks like like they had several episodes filmed before F. Durabont quit. So hopefully it will be just as “rawkin”!

regardless of who is at the helm, that this will be a quality show. I think the success of this show has blown everyone away and that AMC is going to pull out all the stops to keep this show as popular and successful as possible.

have you remedied this problem yet? :-p

From what I’ve heard/read they film the entire season as a feature movie not in individual episodes. That is why we have to wait for f-ing ever. But I’m thinking the wait will be worth it.

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

There are adverts for new series of Walking Dead in UK. I hope it’s as awesome as the first season.

Fred

THis show comes back in the US october 16 tho they are splitting up the 13 episode season. 7 Episodes starting in October then the last 6 starting in February.

Thank god it wont be cold turkey this year… last year was hell with the 6 episodes and then cut off for a year!

I cant wait to see if they bring back or talk more about some of the story lines that they apperently forgot to finish or go more in depth about

I watched the first season and thought six episodes just wasnt enough. I hope they have a better story arc for the second season. Still it is the only decent zombie tv show I know of.

You are the menu! http://www.thedeadinfested.com

This explains why the iTunes season pass is $22.99 (twice last year’s) … there goes most of that gift card … ;o) … I liked last season but they could improve it just a little … more action and horror would be nice :o) … a little less drama would be ok … I look forward to season 2!

Don’t want to spoil anything about last nights episode, but f’n A that was a major cliffhanger to end the episode. I figured something would happen, but not that.

I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

Just agh! Why the cruel, cruel cliffhanger?!?

I was getting a little antsy…waiting for SOMETHING to happen. I needed more action! Then…BAM! They hit us with that! BTW, I bought a season one set for my son as a gift. It comes with a zombie mask. Is it wrong if I open it to see the mask??

What is right and wrong in a world full of the Walking Dead?

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

Just added to Netflix, i havent watched any yet but i have the whole Graphic Novel which is awesome

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

How much is Netflix? Is it just rentals? Is it just streaming? I am sure it has changed since I had it.

unlimited streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99/mo. The cheapest plan for rentals only is $7.99/mo. and the cheapest plan for streaming & rentals is $15.98/mo.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

They’ve been back since the beginning of the month! Longer than I’ve been terrorizing you and Pondy on Twitter with them! Wink

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

….but it is hard to beat the original Zombi movie….”THE NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD”…this classic set the bar.

but if you cant beat it go in a different direction…Zombieland rocked my socks! (only slightly off subject)

But its a tv show so its a whole other type of media.

Nothing beats Bruce Campbell

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

…then it got dark outside. Funny how things change.

It’s a classic, no doubt. Love the hell out of it.

that scene was nuts.

it comes with a mask?! Why have I not purchased this yet?!?!

then shit could get very real by the end of this season.

Tonight wasn’t as bad. Leading up into some great episodes though. Needless to say I was NOT shocked at the revealed profession of the “doctor” but really, why would that be so bad? I’d rather have him operate than a mechanic or something similar.

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

I saw tonights episode as well. I love that this IP has a show and everything, but having read the graphic novels, i feel like the show is about to “jump the shark”. I guess we will see… Sad panda

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

Has anyone else heard that rumor. I heard on Hollywood Babble-on that Justin Beiber loves the show and wants to be a zombie in an upcoming episode. Who wants the honor of hacking that piss-ants head off?

If someone tries to kill you, you kill ‘em right back – Malcolm Reynolds

So it’s not pay as you go or anything? Doing the math … I am WAY better off as is with nada. I read somewhere that your internet was out … I hope it’s back!!! Happy Monday!

I downloaded it this morning … I watched the first episode last night … I am WAY behind in my TV viewing LOL … I like this show! I realy like some characters and I LOVE to not like some of them! I haven’t seen/read the GN but I am hoping that they add a new character or two this season …

I bet there was a contest to decide who got to hack him to death … just sayin’ ,,,

acting wonky for a while now. Every now and then, it goes out but I can reset it and it works for awhile again. Unfortunately, it’s been going out more often and it’s taking longer for it it to come back on, so I think it’s only a matter of time before it goes completely. I need to exchange it for a new one but I keep putting it off. My choices are either to take time off work to stay home and wait for a service tech to bring me a new one, or try to make it to the service center and back home after work one day before rush hour traffic gets in full swing, which is almost impossible. Frown

My daughter might not like it, but I sure would. Would he be on this season? I thought they were all in the can already.

and I love your quote… thats from my favorite episode. I even have the script signed by Ron Glass “For Randy, A Special Hell, Ron Glass.”

I would never say another bad remark about the show if they killed him off in some fantastic way. Nothing fast or simple. They need someone to smash his head in over and over with brain matter and other skull bits all over…

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

About the ending … the revelation … would you really care … lmbo … sorry, we’re going to opt for a second opinion? LOL Daryl’s comment about him being the the only one zen … cracked me UP! I hope they don’t kill off that character! I like him better without his brother but I liked his brother’s character too … Merle, someone I liked not liking. He was such a horrible person. Merle was cast well! Micheal Rooker was perfect. Why isn’t Glenn more prominent in it? Oh well … TTFN

My understanding is they are already shot and in the can. If he shows up it would be in the next seaon i guess. I would love to see him run over by a Lambo or Ferrarri (whatever it was that he wrecked a few weeks back), that would be a nice twist.

By the way, I am so dissapointed that they never explored Ron Glass’s character more. He was great in that role and I think that story arc would be fantastic. That is a great tagline signature!

It would be great if they could do it in some teeny-boppers room where the gore could splatter one of his posters or something. A nice tongue in cheek moment.

He’s a great actor, does well with any role he has, but when he’s the bad guy…man, you just want to hit him with a bat.

Look, I’d be all for seeing the kid getting killed violently on the show, but I don’t think that AMC can get away with the XXX rating to cover the amount of depravity, violence, and hatred that would need to be implemented to give him a proper death.

Waiting for that one moment where things change drastically from the comics to the TV show. I know the show is it’s own monster, but for the post part, it’s kept a lot from the source material (outside of the CDC and the whole Sophia lost thing), but I think a huge change between the two will set the tone for the future of the series.

Yeah! One of THOSE! Is that Cricket? Well whatever it is … WACK! Right upside the head! I’d like to wack that blond upside the head too … but she’s not fun to not like like Merle was … I just don’t like her … whenever she is attacked by a zombie we are cheering for the zombie!!!

Am i the only one thats super excited to see this start back up again? Im ready to see some people get eatin!

My wife and I are totally psyched for it to start up again.

Ooooooooh shit, son!!!! Just over an hour to go!!!!

I was a little disappointed. [SPOILER ALERT] Rick is going crazy again, Glen has PMS and WTF is Andrea thinking??

Yeah, it was kind of a letdown after the last episode before the break, but they’ve got 7 more episodes to build up before the shit hits the fan again.

I was really expecting a better fight between Daryl and Merle… I’m kind of looking forward to glen becomming a badass and watching Michonne take the Gov’s other eye. and 10 points for crazy ass rick scaring away all the good folk!

Agreed. That was one of the most boring fight to the deaths that I’ve seen. And, while I realize that the dating pool might be kind of limited in a post apocalyptic world, TORTURING MY FRIENDS AND COLLECTING DECAPITATED ZOMBIE HEADS SHOULD BE A DEAL BREAKER!!

I agree! Andrea, what’s going through your head? BTW, I’m not sure Rick is giong crazy again. I think he’s still crazy and just came through a lul in his craziness.

*SPOILER ALERT* Sunday’s episode was the bomb!!! I caught it last night, and I would say it completely made up for the slower start to the season in episode 1. Oh snap son! Just when you were starting to wonder about the dynamics of the relationship between Carol, her sweet talking prison friend and the soon to arrive Daryl… Prison guy takes a stray bullet to the noodle! (is it just me or did episode 1 of this season really make you think something “more” was going on between Carol and Daryl???) Rick seemed to be more bat shit crazy than usual but in the climax of the episode you really (at least I really) started to believe maybe he can come out of it. I want to see Andrea finally step up and have the governor banished or killed or something… can’t have that dude just running amuck. Does anybody else miss Shane’s character?

@In_The_Out_Hole: I know! It was about time they went with a different death approach than the long build-up of “zombie chase, almost get away, make self-sacrificing move to save another of the group, get bitten, die.” That shot came out of nowhere, a great, surprising thrill.

I hated Lori and now Andrea is starting to bug me. Please don’t ruin Maggie. And I think I’m liking the new Carol #vaginawarfare (from the Talking Dead).

They’re not doing her character from the comics any justice with this portrayal.
    I’m hoping she’s the next to get offed.

Last scene of last episode I was hoping he would wake up and feed her to a dam zombie already.

I was hoping Andrea was going to stab him in the other eye.

I like the way you think.

Soooo…yeah. Seaon 3 in the books.

Anyone else questioning how season 4 will be butchered?

Anybody else gearing up for October 13th? I cant wait!

So the season 4 opener was awesome. All kinds of mayhem was foreshadowed.

And then there was The Talking Dead…

Nathan Fillion??? Really? Not that I mind Nathan (I loved “Slither”) and he does have a horror/scifi background obviously, but come on junkies! Flood the Talking Dead with emails, tweets and any other social media to suggest Scott as a future guest! He has history with Hardwicke and he was the AMC Horror Hacker blogger for a few years. He would be perfect for that show!! Next week the guest is Haley Williams – the singer for Paramore… Again, really? (I mean, I like Paramore, but how is Haley qualified for this guest spot??)

SEND YOUR EMAILS TO THE TALKING DEAD! CAMPAIGN FOR OUR FDO!!!!

Thanks!
    And now back to your regular programming…

Seems like Carl found a bit of his soul again. That’s a good thing. But poor Beth…. And poor Violet… And poor Harry Potter look-alike…

I HAVEN’T SEEN IT YET!

WHEN I DO, I WILL BE BACK TO DROP MORE SPOILERS IN FIVE MINUTES THAN VOODOO AND ATHANAS CAN BOWL FRAMES IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME (which is a lot, sorry for the SiglerFest2k13 reference).

Anybody catch the episode tonight?

I enjoyed it (holy crap that’s a lot of pudding), but I was disappointed it only focused on three of the characters. >.>

@Insignificant_Blood_Splatter: I watched it. Wasn’t crazy about the episode. I feel like characters are starting to do things no person would do (at least for people who have survived this long), and that continuity is slipping. It was taxing to watch Carl choose now to throw a hissy fit that puts lives in danger. And honestly, walking backwards like this is a bad horror movie? Was hard to stay in the moment and enjoy the show.

Michone’s walker camouflage seems to have gone to another level. We’ve seen the camoflauge work to keep random walkers from detecting her, but she was in the middle of a column — at some point, the walker’s ability to detect living things is going to kick in when they are around her nonstop like that.

@scottsigler I’ve felt the show has been kinda ridiculous and forgetting its own rules since the beginning, so I don’t take much of it seriously (er “seriously” I guess?). I really feel most all of the characters have been ridiculously overdone and aren’t relateable at all to me (heck, half the time I’m waiting for a bunch of people to finally die *cough Rick and Carl cough*), so I do agree with your criticisms. I think even my mom was rooting for Carl to die for most this ep. I thought it was interesting in Talking Dead they showed a quote from Andrew/Rick saying how the ep was really a about a boy becoming a man because, wow, that makes me really sad for men. It’s like he makes a step forward and then goes ten steps back again being a cocky little brat. It /is/ a good thing Michonne found them because if Rick dies, I really don’t think Carl could make it on his own.

My sister wondered about the walker camouflage as well. She completely missed in the first season that the walkers even actually helped with camouflage, so the handling in this first episode was really… brazen. I thought when walkers kept staring at her, they’d finally zone in and attack her. My sister mentioned having one behind her and one in front or walking in between them so she was at least more protected/hidden.

I think the high point of the episode was Michonne’s half-flashback/half-dream. But it definitely isn’t a show I really think about all too hard, lol, otherwise I probably wouldn’t enjoy it. Although I’m gonna be pretty dang ticked either way if Carol has completely disappeared from the show.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.