This topic contains 40 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 5 years, 7 months ago.

THE STARTER hits Sept. 2010

• Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

love football, never really got into the whole draft pick …. so I’m wondering people are going to be let into the center to view the draft pick at 2:45. what time will the pre-order gates be opened? 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

ever closer! Just about a week left until we can start pre-ordering!!!

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

Profile photo of Chris Miller

We can pre order them April 25th and they wont be shipped until september of this year correct?

Profile photo of Tony Faulkner

Sigler,
    Do original junkies get first go at buying this new book??

That would stop the prirate brigade highjacking a book to print and sell on…

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Profile photo of

Bottom line is I’m doing all the shipping and warehousing, so I have to play it by ear if we go higher than 3,000 copies. If I pre-order out 3,000 copies before September, we’ll have to look at increasing the run, but I highly doubt we’ll get that high. This is only from my website, it won’t be in stores and I’m not even sure if I can put it on Amazon marketplace.

Profile photo of

That’s NFL Draft Day! Make Quentin Barnes your #1 draft pick.

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

looking forward to the next season…

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

gonna have one sent to son in iraq, he took my unsigned copy of contagious with him
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Dan Campbell

When can I buy one of those Rookie hardcovers? I want, I want, I want!

“One ping – one ping only” Captain Ramius

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

but some of the extreanious stuff is taken out

like when Pine is teaching Barnes to take a snap from a Ki.  In the podcast, Coach says "If football 101 is over, can we run the damn play"

in the app, coach says "can we just run the play?"

oh, and "The Giant Lookie Rineman" when referring to Mumu-Kill-Owhee was corrected

The Platypus is a Semi-Aquatic Mammal

"You can tell alot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans"

-Ronald Reagan

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

so it’s a win-win.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

Profile photo of Christian Vosler

I still have the rest of Nocturnal and Earthcore to listen to. I’m pysched for the Starter Scott. Whenever it comes out will be like "my birthday and Christmas on the same day!

Party On Garth

"No bout a doubt it…."

Profile photo of

There will be plenty of shit to inject into your veins, don’t you worry. But, putting out hardcover novels yourself is a bitch-and-a-half. Can only manage one a year (plus, I haven’t even written it yet …)

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

It’s funny that Scott still includes the word Ass but changes F*ck to Shuck.  What the Shuck!!!!!  I laugh every time I see it!!!  I figured he would have changed it to "What the hell" or something like that. 

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Kind of seems the direction you’re going with the fancy color plates and everything. Personally, I’d hate it if you went with multiple editions in various price tiers, but you could probably make more money that way. Have some of the 3,000 be signed and numbered etc. etc.

The comic industry is notorious for this type of crap and I’m sure you’ve seen DVDs doing the same shit. Hell, even Windows does it to a small degree. Don’t you love the business end of things, Scott?

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

Yes, there will probably be a market for more than 3000. But the more you print, the less collectors will want multiple copies. And there’s nothing saying a paperback wouldn’t be printed at some future date.

the rookie app is the youth friendly

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’  

- Ronald Reagan

Profile photo of Christian Vosler

Wahooo, The Starter! BUt I might die without some more sigler fiction to listen to until then.

Party On Garth

"No bout a doubt it…."

Profile photo of john bennett

poor lil tink tink

Profile photo of George Demos

Don’t know how far in advance you would want to set up preordering but I would snag my 3 copies tomorrow to make sure I got them.I’m sure a venture like this can scare you more than a nocturnal eating you nads first but I have a feeling 3000 wont be enough

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

To get my hands on a copy! or 3… lol But i almost feel that some of the pictures might take something away from the experience. I maintain that alot of what made the podcast so great was getting to visualize all the differen alien species in action. Hmm, although i suppose finally getting to see all of the charecters that i saw in my head on the actuall printed page will be pretty great too!

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

So I presume the self published edition of the Rookie will be that edition. My guess that the Starter would be youth friendly as well. It’s not like he was planning on changing any content from the Rookie, just BSGing some of the language.

Everything he’s said has told us that Crown has zero interest in that franchise.

Profile photo of nilling

I’m up for some football violence…embossed cover, colour plates and extra content. What does this mean for the under 18 version? Is that project dead?

==================================

Neil laughed. "I’m a soldier, not a cop, ma’am." 

Profile photo of Sean Ryan

This hardcover is epic! Can’t wait til September.

I don’t read the script. The script reads me. – Kirk Lazarus

Profile photo of Stephen Wardrop

I don’t think 3000 will be a problem, Scott. Although perhaps there will not be enough. Even so, I understand your pause to do any more. You are one good … evil bad FDO.

-You thought triangles were bad under your skin. Well, try a yak.-

Profile photo of Shawn Laing

I could Google it, but I figured maybe you’d be able to help.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

Profile photo of Gmork

Start recruiting your buddies, junkies….let’s make this happen!!

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

Profile photo of Antony Gitsham

Im sure they will sell like hot cakes, looking forward to the release

Profile photo of Shawn Laing

It’ll suck waiting a little more than a year and a half, but the payoff will be totally worth it.

Will we see a countdown timer on the site anywhere?

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

Profile photo of Bob Merrell

the junkies will do the rest.

more if I can afford them….

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’  

- Ronald Reagan

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

Can’t wait to get them both!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Profile photo of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

now off to class

—–

"Get sacrificed! I don’t subscribe to your religion!" – Ringo

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

wither way thats awesome.

G-Man

Petroleum jelly is not the kind for a sandwich

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

I’d be happier with his evil hoof-print burned into the hard cover

Profile photo of Wolf

order autographed copies?

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

I’m there.

Profile photo of

Because the stars lined up for publishing THE ROOKIE at the kickoff of the 2009–2010 NFL season, I will release THE STARTER exactly one year later, for the kickoff of the 2010–2011 season. Quentin Barnes & Co. try their hand at Tier One. It won’t be pretty.

Hardcover and podcast will be released at the same time, as I did with CONTAGIOUS. This depends, of course, on me making a profit with THE ROOKIE. Publishing 3,000 copies of hardcover on your own is no small matter. It’s a big business risk, but I have faith the Junkies want these beautiful books with ebmossed covers, color plates inside showing aliens, uniforms and logos, extra content, etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.