This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Sven Condon Sven Condon 4 years, 11 months ago.

THE ROOKIE re-cast is a full re-master, not just a re-podcast

The whole community thanks you for what your doing man!

SvenCondon

on which fuckin’ kids you’re talking about.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3722083270,size=m]
    And Friend of MuchAdo!

It drives me nuts when people use combinations like that.

Probably definitely is the worst. I’m not sure you can have much more of an intrinsic oxy moron. At least with definitely maybe, it kind of makes sense to say a definite maybe. 

[flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3727549381,size=s]

This project is totally kicking my ass.

Maybe I should ask Scott for a raise? Nah, it’s for a good cause.

[flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3727549381,size=s]

It had me rolling in the floor when I read it.  It definitely maybe made my day. Wink

[flickr-photo:id=3763066856,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

This is still the original material. I am simply going through and re-mastering the original material to improve the quality. We are also releasing it at a higher bit rate.

Kid friendly re-cast?

‘ 

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #? in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

All part of being a jester, I suppose. 

It was an accurate answer, dammit!   

–adopts pouty face–

Great answer Sadock.  Straight to the point.  Kinda, sorta, not really!

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Thanks man. That’ll be awesome!

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie." {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

It will not have the original jibber jab, which is what I think your asking about. It will have some new jibber jab for the re-cast. Some will be more "live" than others. All a question of logistics.

and that means that I as a whole person appreciate your work.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

I will also be doing a slightly different re-master in October for PB.com

Don’t eat them anymore. Not worth the calories IMHO. Bring some out to Scott so he doesn’t starve on the road.

Yeah, it is a LOT of work. But I think it’s worth it. Hopefully y’all do too.

Thanks for the Kudos, PTF!

The whole community thanks you for what your doing man!

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

sadock is a Masta Pimp because of all the work he does for the FDO! And we Junkies appreciate all he does in producing and getting Scotts works to us. :)

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

we løve cøllateral damage, now that is an awesome motto…

Mr. Sadock!

Thanks for all your hard work. the podcast always sound superb. 

Cant wait for the newly re-mastered releases to make it to the feed!

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

[flickr-photo:id=3843841356,size=m]

Nice work, sadock!

Also, will these go into the current feed (The big bad one over at iTunes that has all the books in it) or will it be distributed otherwise (Podiobooks.com, etc)?

Or is this a remaster of the editted (most likely) version?   I know, much of the jibber-jab isn’t applicable several years later, but my nestalgic side still fondly remembers listenening.

For those of you that don’t know, I’m going through the original ROOKIE recordings and re-mastering them for the ROOKIE re-cast. This means two things:

1. When it was originally podcast, Scott was still learning (and continues to do so). I’m going through and eliminating any noticeable sounds so that junkies can have the best possible ‘cast without Scott having to go back and re-record the whole damn thing. Yes, this is a pain in the ass, but miniscule compared to re-recording the entire novel.
    2. I am also re-compressing them from the original files. After that’s done, we will be dropping them at 128 kbps, which means they will be almost twice the quality of the original podcast, which was originally released between 64-80 kbps depending on the episode. 

We hope you enjoy the re-broadcast, and remember: Scott’s favorite flavor is Strawberry Frosted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.