This topic contains 30 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of sadock sadock 6 years, 3 months ago.

The Rookie on Itunes?

• Profile photo of sadock

but I pray you are right. That’s one of the reasons I pimp Podiobooks so hard. I believe in the concept.

– hit Podiobooks.com for undiluted crack by our FDO! –

Profile photo of sadock

how babyish the big labels are being about it. They’re refusing to give much of the same music to iTunes that they’re giving everyone else because they’re mad at iTunes. Right now, the best place to get DRM free music is Amazon. Their DRM free store is actually pretty frakkin’ cool. I haven’t bought a lot, but for .89/song a la carte, it’s hard to go too far wrong…

Profile photo of sadock

You are the Dr. Horrible pimp, I’m the Podiobooks pimp.

But I still hate Hulu. I gave them a chance for a while, but there are just way too many issues. The stream can’t keep up with my connection speed and won’t buffer ahead. Oh, how I hate DRM!!! Then there’s the episode patchiness. That’s just nutty.

Also, the advertisers need to get a bit more variety. I found myself re-loading to get a different advertiser so it wouldn’t be *quite* so annoying. I’ll stick with iTunes and Netflix, thanks.

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of Gmork

Hey G-man…another option is to watch the Sing-along-blog via their website.  They have the videos loaded to Hulu and streaming directly to the Dr Horrible website so you can watch all three there for free!

http://www.drhorrible.com/

Once you are there, just press the button that reads, Watch it Right Now

Enjoy!!

Profile photo of Peter Braat

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Profile photo of J.P.

how more and more songs available via iTunes are DRM-free? A frackin’ awesome trend. The artists are slowly taking over and the large labels are having to acknowledge that their business model is dated and dying.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Profile photo of Pons Matal

If I’ve purchased it is should be able to transfer it to another device, or media type,  I own or use.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of sadock

I’m anti DRM all the way, but it doesn’t surprise me that iTunes would do it. The MPAA is about 6-10 years behind the RIAA in discovering the DRM doesn’t work. It also doesn’t help that there isn’t really a standardized codec for video. 

I have all 3 episodes in iTunes and it must be proprietary

to Apple as it doesnt tranfer as the other podcasts do to the Zune software. It actually show up under the iTunes tv show heading.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

but I don’t know about the sing-along-blog working in Zune software.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of sadock

Did I miss your absence from the Dr. Horrible thread? It was one of the longest ones I’ve participated in….

I don’t know about the Sing-along-blog.

G-Man

But I’ve only noticed podcasts transferring over. What little music I have in iTunes and the Dr Horrible Sing-a-long blog episodes dont transfer over. G-Man, does you capture your iTune music?

Profile photo of sadock

it sucks all the songs out of the Apple library and populates itself? How Microsoft….

Profile photo of sadock

and you’ll be set. If you want all of them at once, hit the get all now button. Don’t forget to select your podcatcher(eg iTunes, etc.), though. Link to The Rookie is here.

Profile photo of J.P.

every podcast I have works well with my iPod. They’ve never worked with Zune. (I don’t own one…grin.)

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Actually uses the Microsoft Zune software. But it picks up the podcasts in the iTunes library and adds them to your Zune collection.

Profile photo of sadock

I know both Apple and Microsoft have a tendency to be overly proprietary most of the time.

Profile photo of Eric Godel

i found the rookie on scottsigler audio books on itunes, along with his bloodcast and nocturnal.  but itunes told me the link was corrupted…

The Zune software automatically picks up any podcasts in your iTunes library. 

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

I’ve never been able to tell my electronics to do anything.  Damn children won’t listen!  Sometimes I can program them though!  HeeHee Wink

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

works with Zune. If not right out of the box then you can tell it to.

G-Man

Profile photo of sadock

That would be another strike against it for me…

Profile photo of sadock

It looks like everything is working fine to me. If you subscribe, you can set up the subcription to deliver episodes to whatever podcatcher you like. Please let me know if it did NOT work. Thanks.   Arioch 

Profile photo of J.P.

That’s there to accommodate Red. Everyone else in the civilized world can use iTunes. (Hey Red, how’s it goin’ bro? Just funnin’ with you, man! “Mutch respect”, as you say!)

The iTunes links say that it is corrupted or something. A bunch of bull.

G-Man

After you subscirbe on podiobooks a page comes up that has a choice of subscribing with itunes, zune or podcast ready.  First click on itunes.  Then about the middle of the page is reads "make changes to your daily schedule".  Blow that is a box to change the schedule and right below that box is reads in blue "release all episodes now".  click on that link.  Then open itune, right click and click update.  all of the episodes should appear.  Then click get all and your on your way. 

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

i dont see any spot on http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-rookie where is says "get all now" i even serched for the word "get" on the page and didnt find it at all.  can you send a link?

thanks

In podiobooks you can "get all now" instead of having to download one episode at a time.

Hey how come i cant find the rookie on Itunes?  i cant find it listed on any of the podcasts at podiobooks.com in Itunes.  the only way i can get it is by downloading each episode at podiobooks.com, which is annoying. 

anyone know if i can find the rookie in itunes myabe in a place im not looking?

thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.