This topic contains 119 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Boivin Joe Boivin 2 years, 3 months ago.

The Rookie individual book number?

• Profile photo of Joe Boivin

Anyone know why my hardcover of The Rookie is not numbered or signed? I’m glad to have it, but just wondering if anyone else has an un-numbered book? The GFL Series rocks (and everything Scott has penned)!

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of Michael Motto

I just got mine in the mail! 2694/3000!!! Also posted it on facebook!

Profile photo of GJ

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of BigJohn

Click on the picture- it’s a video of his journey to liberate the books from the Customs officials. I hope it’s a time-lapse video, otherwise I’m never getting near this guy if he’s in a car. ;)

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Profile photo of GJ

wrong photo perhaps? As intresting as a white van is?!

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

Trust in the greatness that is Sigler…You will be proud years from now when Sigler is a huge star both in his mind and the real world to say you own a limited edition original by Dark Overlord Media.

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

… on where one puts the key?

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of GJ

I was mad as hell (see crack hits), but I’m calm again now. You’ll have to try harder.

Cruel Temptress!

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of GJ

But I’m not going to bite Tongue out

….. to a photography seminar </brattiness>

Like I’ve got room to talk. The glass on this house is damn thin when it comes to photography skillz.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Ricky Craig

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Profile photo of GJ

& hopefully there will be some left!
    Either that or I have to locate another Junkie called Rachel, Kill her and steal her book Tongue out

Profile photo of Scott Wilson

I no quite a lot of people who have taken very limited amount luggage, then filled it up to take back home. As its so much cheaper in the states an in the UK, well it is when it comes to clothes, Levi’s are more than double the prices in the UK wouldnt you just

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

Every once and awhile the news does a story on tourist that when the visit Orlando they don’t bring any luggage and just buy what the need here and fill there bags with tons of stuff to take back.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

But it used to be a lot better, it was about $2 to ever £1, its now about $1.5 -£1 so it has made things quite a bit more expensive. But you always get a worse rate of exchange anyway when you buy things over net. So instead of $1.5-£1 it would be $1.45-£1. But as i am only buying 2 books are year i am not to bothered

Had been told that is not very good in Australia for importing things as the exchange rate is really bad, (i may be wrong tho)

Profile photo of Meg Marshall

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

Profile photo of Meg Marshall

…the US/UK exchange rate made things cheaper? Australia recently achieved parity with the US, making American stuff much more affordable for us (taking massive shipping prices into consideration, of course). I thought the British pound was heaps stronger than the greenback? PS. I’m probably wrong. I know precisely zero about economics and exchange rates. :p

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

Amazon shipping is quite expensive to get a book shipped to the UK but not the only extra cost. There’s the exchange rate as well, which puts the cost of the books up as well, i think for the crown books it made them at least 1/3 more expensive if not more.

But the FDO shipping cost is a lot better as i dont think it cost any more to get the GFL books sent over

Profile photo of GJ

…..that make the 2001 iPublish edition? The Archaelogical Edition?

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

And I’m guessing that international shipping via Døm or Amazon costs close to what the novel(s) do.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Avinjer

I find myself being a bit jealous of the old skool editions. I’m still saving the cash for those myself.
    One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

…both the GFL books.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

If you use the Priority Mail International Flat Rate Video Box (tight fit length wise), it costs $13-14 depending on whether you buy online or at the post office. Otherwise you’re looking at $30-50. I didn’t look at any other carriers.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

[flickr-photo:id=5356985724,size=m] [flickr-photo:id=5356372149,size=m]

Profile photo of GJ

but seriously! I’m all out! I’ve brought Earthcore 2005 edition, Ancestor Old Skool, Ancestor UK PB edition, Contagious Uk adition, Infected Uk Edition and Infected US HB edition all during December.. I’ve got to build up a bit more cash. I’ll take a pic and post it a bit later on. I’m a happy girl.

Profile photo of athanas

how much is shipping to your neck of the woods?

Profile photo of GJ

I’ll post a pic of all the books I’ve collected and you’ll see why!

Profile photo of Avinjer

There are only about 300 copies left and once they are gone your only hope will be ebay.
    One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

I think if you order it from here, the FDO can still personalize it for you. But don’t hold me to that. He may not do that anymore since DØM partnered with BackMyBook.com. Either way, you should get one soon because when they’re gone, they’re gone!!

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of GJ

Cry [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Alex Miller

I ordered it at the skin of my teeth…

I love APC’s, so crunchy!!!

Profile photo of Rich Bennett

Is my book number will be a lower one for the Starter…

Richno3…….out

Profile photo of Rob Edwards

I came to the party late in the day. I heard about the FDO & Contagious from EscapePod. Quickly obtained and read Infected, but I didn’t order The Rookie until late September.

Love it though!

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Profile photo of BigJohn

So twue.

BigJohn: Badass enough to get the drop on Kissyman

Profile photo of athanas

History is going to have a lot to wite about that day.

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

When I first looked at the silly thing, it looked like a date. I was thinking, “What the heck is important about February 22 of 3000?”

But I’m feeling better now…

Doc

Profile photo of Michael Cogan

Managed to get one of the limited copies that Scott brought over with him to Perth.

Profile photo of dale bennett

proud owner of copy 267 goooooo krackens

Profile photo of BigJohn

Is now safely in my possession.

The inscription reads, “BigJohn, thanks for all the support, and enjoy your adventures through the stories of Kissyman.”

Go Krakens!

BigJohn

Profile photo of Josh Hardman

I got number 52. Thanks FDO

Tag: flickr-photo:id=**********,size=m

Put brackets – [] – at the beginning and end of the tag, then paste the entire tag into your post. (The example tag wouldn’t show with the brackets in place. That’s why I had to post it without the brackets in these instructions.)

Sorry for the confusion! Tongue out

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

ok, will do it now/

1. Upload your picture to http://www.Flickr.com
    2. When you view your uploaded pic, there will be a 10-digit ID# in your browsers address bar. (eg. http://www.flickr.com/photos/username/0123456789/)
    3. Copy the ID# and paste it over the *’s in the following tag. [flickr-photo:id=**********,size=m]
    4. Then paste the entire tag into your post, make sure to include the brackets.

That’s all there is to it!

How do I attach a picture to my post>

Thanks.

Hey FDO

The book just arrived and it looks awesome.

I got No. 2083 and the inscription reads: “Play hard and leave it all on the pitch. The great one grants you total clarity”

The instruction to Scott was, ‘write what you want’, so there you have it.

http://twitpic.com/11bgiw#

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

Can’t say how excited I am to have my copy! I loved the podcast and really enjoyed reading the book on my ipod, but there’s nothing like holding this thing in my hands. The FDO is awesome!!

Faith – that which enables us to believe things we know to be untrue (Bram Stoker’s Dracula)

Profile photo of Ken Thornhill

Yeay! FDO Motherhubbard! I got my copy of The Rookie. Man it’s beautiful.

As I said before I don’t really want to blow sunshine up your ass but this is sweet. Thank you for the hard work. I am truly humbled by the whole thing.

I love you man!!

BSS

My message inside reads:

To Ken, The Black Scott Sigler,

Only one man can be blacker than me, and that man is you.

Go Krackens!

say how much I enjoyed the book. Seemed as though I got more out of the written story , than out of the podcast. Still love the podcast, keep them comin

Richno3…….out

Richno3…….out

Richno3…….out

here! Wink

Profile photo of Eric Parker

“To “The Unknown Variable” Thanks for the support”

We’re on the last 1/3rd folks! But I got my copy!

while at the San Francisco tour stop.

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

it was more than a coincidence. Wink

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

What a coincidence! Undecided

Went to someone with devil in their user name. Was posted on twitter.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

….hold that back for auction. Or did he? The mind of the FDO is dark and devious. I cannot penetrate its depths.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

A life vacant of laughter is not worth exerting the effort it takes to live it.

Profile photo of Eric Parker

I think the one who gets number 666 probably has the best number…That would seem like the holiest of holy books…

of your book here when you get it. Junkies like to share! Tongue out

Hey

i just ordered a copy for shipping to Scotland.

Don’t know what number I’ll get yet!

N

PS That’s me got 2 print books now – Contagious and The Rookie. Listened to all the podcasts though!

I did not need that mental image, man.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Profile photo of Anthony Thompson

I almost creamed my shorts when my copy arrived today. Thanks, I needed that!

bigtonetucker-SDMF

Profile photo of Jonathan Cayen

i won’t say i’m the winner but…

I got number 4/3000.

Scott if your listening I am curious whom you gave books 1-3 too. I know your dad got 1/3000.

Sidenote

On reflection i would say we are all winners for reading/listening to the book.

An loving the fact that i have it

Profile photo of Dave Johnson

If i hadn’t waited round dropping hints for the Mrs to treat me!!

Sealed 

Profile photo of Dave Johnson

Arrived today…. I was a late bloomer Innocent

infinitely more valuable than the dead sea scrolls and a 1st ed harry potter any day!!! 

Profile photo of Brett Elliff

Number 113 here!

Profile photo of Vaney

I had thought it would be somewhere around the 2000 mark.

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess
    Profile photo of Chris Wilks

I finished the book last night. Ordered my shirt this morning. See you the 26th fucker!

I’m pretty impressed that it’s as low as it is considering how late it was ordered. You are one lucky lady!

[flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3727549381,size=s]

but I never imagined that I would get my original #s. Does that mean y’all actually produced more than 3000 anticipating postal "shrinkage?" I suppose that would be prudent, and obviously the FDO is wise, but I’m not sure how you’d go about guestimating what the shrinkage percentage would be. I’m pretty sure it’s about 4% for retail, but there almost all of it is employee theft. 

I’m not concerned at all about my books now that I know I’ll be getting my original #s. I’m sorely tempted to tell A to hold on to them until I see her at HallowEvoCon to ensure I get them safely. Don’t suppose SoupBone is going to hop over to Hell for that shindig? Oh, that’s right, it’s invitation only….. Although I’m guessing the Bone could finegle one if he wanted to go.

[flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3727549381,size=s]

Profile photo of

You’ll get your original numbers when we resend.  We planned for possible drama during shipping.  Just sorry it happened to your books!

When I went to pick up my package at the post office, all that was waiting for me was an empty box Cry

We’re still trying to sort out exactly what happened. I’ve already let Scott and A know, and I’m sure they’ll fix it somehow. 

Profile photo of Jason Farrow

This was ordered the day after the release. Glad I got in quick.

Arrived today in the UK.

Profile photo of Jeffrey Moore

I don’t think even the FDO could stop my tidal wave of death as I took over the world. 

Undead Champion, HM and Pusher …. Start Cracking with Crack!

No power in the Verse can stop me.

Profile photo of Joel Gerhold

That’s true. It was quite difficult to complete the order. 

My Paypal confirmation Mail is dated: 25. Apr 2009 13:07:50 PDT and I have #145.

I was at a birthday party at the time and had to order on the hosts PC.

Some of the guests though I was a crazy.. ;)

Profile photo of James Keeling

And to put it in perspective, my order went through at 11 minutes after the hour.  I tried submitting on top of the hour, but the site was so bogged down, it didn’t get through till then.  Amazing! 

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #? in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

Profile photo of greg roberson

i got 1176 . . . i shoulda found out how to get it personalized

Profile photo of Vaney

:D

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess
    Profile photo of Joel Gerhold

My copies arrived today. :)

[flickr-photo:id=3907585106,size=m]

Profile photo of Alistair Girvan

Just got mine, thanks FDO…

Profile photo of athanas

had to use my phone as for some crazy reason I have yet to realize getting a real digital camera would be in my best interest.

20 Minutes Later…

alright…I can’t get the bastard thing to post right on the board, so here’s a link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/athanas/boosh.jpg

under a hundred…. droooooooooool!

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

bad ass!

Profile photo of athanas

57 & 58

Profile photo of Ciarán Purcell

Captain Picard: Mister Crusher SHUT UP! Doctor, get this child off my bridge.

Mal: Well lady, I must say……you’re my kinda stupid  UFS

would that then make FinalDrive a limited edition 31/3000 copies? something like BSG?

Profile photo of James 'Puke' Schmill

I was too stupid to figure out how to get the book signed. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.freetalklive.com

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

101_0957.jpg picture by Delhome 

[flickr-photo:id=3730842818,size=s]

Fight on you Catamounts, Fight for purple and gold! Fight for victory, True Warriors Bold!

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

"I used to be obsessed with a tv show about people acting like jackasses. I think it was called dumbass" – Earl Hickey

Profile photo of john gray

so far i’ve gotten 105 & 106. i gave 106 to my partner in crime, and i’ll get a shot of 105 sometime tonight and load it up for you guys.

Profile photo of Jeffrey Moore

Thinking about getting that tattooed on my ass!  31/3000 with Limited edition around it.  AWESOME.

Undead Champion, HM and Pusher …. Start Cracking with Crack!

No power in the Verse can stop me.

Visit him on the Tailgate Tour and have him sign it in person! 

Profile photo of Margaret Whitesides

Got my order in early and forgot to have the FDO personalize it for me. I guess I’ll just have to be happy he touched my copy before sending it to me. Made me all warm and squishy. Thanks FDO!!!! You rock!!!

[flickr-photo:id=3882101730,size=m]

Profile photo of Ciarán Purcell

Captain Picard: Mister Crusher SHUT UP! Doctor, get this child off my bridge.

Mal: Well lady, I must say……you’re my kinda stupid  UFS

so when will you clue her in or I mean convert her?

Profile photo of Ari Baronofsky

Pictures to follow eventually.

Very clever.  I like it.

Profile photo of Gary Anderson

I got 43 and 44.

Profile photo of Robert Haun

When my secretary handed me my mail, she said here is your junk mail.  I looked up, saw the big envelope and said no, its my junkie mail.  She is still confused. 

There was a pic of it on twitter!

[flickr-photo:id=3763066856,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Profile photo of Pons Matal

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

The Rookie - Autographed

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

lucky copy #666? 

**UNdead/GirlCo – We’ll eat your brains and look good doing it.**

Profile photo of David Castellano

My copy arrived with #241.

[flickr-photo:id=3876295875;size=m][flickr-photo:id=3877086272;size=m][flickr-photo:id=3877086014;size=m]

Profile photo of Pons Matal

numbers 64, 65, 66!

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

Profile photo of Justin Crumpler

Or so it seems mine is 1243/3000

my copy is 382 and my gifting copies are 775-779

[flickr-photo:id=3875983259,size=m]

Profile photo of JT Manis

"J.T.

You are a kick-ass writer, but there can be only one!"

A nice touch was the top part of the exclamation point is a triangle. 

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

I have to handle it with thick protective gloves though, least the concentrated awesomness penetrate my skin and make my brain explode. :)

The artwork is awesome, though I have to say the Sklorno look a little different than they’re described in the book. Ahh well, its still filled with more Awesome™ than any other book I own, and that includes Hutchinsss’ Personal Effects: Dark Art.

**UNdead/GirlCo – We’ll eat your brains and look good doing it.**

Profile photo of Bob Brobst

I got #81 Sweet!!!

[flickr-photo:id=3876240196,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3875451595,size=m]

Profile photo of James Eager
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.  The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me!  UNdead Knight!  King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)!  Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.
  • Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

Just got my 3 copies (and my roomate’s 1) in the mail today and I was wondering what everyones individual number/s are? I personally got #279-282, this can also be a place to share your personal inscriptions that came with you copy if you should feel sp inclined.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.