This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason Banks Jason Banks 4 years, 3 months ago.

The Group Minds

• Profile photo of Jason Banks

to think the micochips used in pets turned on to humans to create a bring between a computer and there brain, heck thoughts are just electical impulses in the brain. i could see it then next a lil 2.0 USB port at the base of the scull lol

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of Peter Germany

I think it could be possible that someone may know how to create this technology, how many times in history has someone said ‘it cant be done’ For all we know some government could already have this technolgy, or close to it. If a government wants to keep a secret then they’ll keep it. I Would imagine someone is trying to download someones brainwaves into a computer somewhere. There’s always someone out there trying to break new grounds.

Profile photo of Jason Banks

There is a rather large time difference but tat doesn’t mean a primative by comparisoin form of the tech isnt being developed now and in the future be revamped and reworked to the state it is in now when found in the crypt

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

We’re talking about a few hundred years seperation between Ancestor and The Crypt, so it’s unlikely that they’re the same character.

**Just direct-a your feetza to Daddy Greene’s Pizza!**

In part 5 of the washington DC episodes of the crypt the ship get hit with numerous rounds and the group mind is hit, the commander runs through a mental list of the minds left of which was Paul Fischer and if i am not mistaken he was the government agent after the geneda project and he answered to longworth. but now that i went back looked i dont think ficsher was in infected and contagious but longworth was so i wonder if he might be working on the groupd mind project now in some point or part of the siglerverse? because we still dont know where each book falls in the history of the siglerverse. i mean i think every book has a connecting piece…they refer to a strange animal in nocturnal at the taxidurmist from upper michigan. Longworth in ancestor,infected, and contgious. and earthcore might be contected to ancestor through farm girl though her identity is unknow but suspicion dictates it could be the bad ass spiy chick from earthcore whose name i am totally forgetting now and am to lazy to go luck up at this point in time. then of course the aliens fro mthe rookie are prevelent in infected and contagious we just dont know what point in there history it is. sighi should have recorded his answer to the question about the siglerverse at the book signing in DC for ancetor he gave some good info for how things are connected

Profile photo of Peter Germany

I’m sure i’ve heard the FDO say that all his work excists in one universe. He said something about the creatures that chased the Roktipi in Earthcore being mentioned in The Rookie somewhere. i may be wrong but i’ve got a gut feeling that he did. I must admit that i do not remember Paul Fishcers name in Infected and Contagious but my memory sucks for that kind of thing at times, but i have picked up on Murray Longworth in the Ancestor. This connection is something that i like about the FDO’s work.

As for the group minds surely if, or when the technology exsists the greatest minds of our time will be recorded, whether they are great scientists or great military tacticians. Why waste a one of a kind mind if we can copy it?

Well from what I understand there minds went through some process and were made sentient computer minds that were thing put together as a hive mind so to speak so I was curious about if they that Paul Fischer and the infected,contagious, and ancestor Paul Fischer were one in the same as much the same as a hive mine super AI can be to the flesh brain it was created from

Profile photo of GJ

Like a…who they were before kind of thing?

All right i have been listening to the crypt and by god is it good. i was listening to the section on the washington DC and they listed the group mind’s…minds…paul fischer is one of them, now for the questions. (1)is that the paul fischer from infected, contagious, and the ancestor?(i cant remember is fischer was in earthcore or not since its been awhile since i listened to it) also is this one of the ways the FDO is going to tie in characters from other novels of the siglerverse in to the rookie universe with this group mind process? (2) also wondering if the FDO was thinking of putting some of the other great minds of his novels into them like Jian? I know that only the FDO himself knows the workings of his own mind (though does he really know the workings of his mind!?) but what do the rest of the junkies out there htink on this subject?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.