This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Gmork Gmork 4 years, 9 months ago.

The FDO is perfect! having said that…

The FDO doesn’t make mistakes…he stares them down until mistakes correct themselves.

I did not say that the FDO claims perfection and missed the mark. I said the FDO was perfect. Followed by “having said that” (last episode of curb you enthusiasm). And I said he called Julian Gloria. Just letting the FDO know I was paying attention. If he calls her Gloria while she’s climbing the ladder, then she’s Gloria to me until thge FDO calls her something else! He can call her JFK and Tom Cullen alternatively and I will be happy pusssssaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

have a nice day

There were a few glaring “happy occurances” there as well. Scott has admitted that he needs a good copy editor…

Plus, you do realize that this is a First Draft (slightly edited). It’s rough. By definition.

Yeah sure, he’ll spit and polish this baby till it can shine off an elephant’s weiner, but until then, take your crack and LIKE IT!

hhhmmm… SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #4 in crack hits (Special? Ain’t I just) Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient! Double Dipper and Triple Threat! All-around uberjunkie!

The FDO doesn’t makes mistakes… he beats them into submission!

some times junkies just listen without paying attention. these “mistakes” are there to wake us out of our Junkie Stupor…

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

They are happy accidents!

~ Bob Ross – The Joy of Painting

(Just caught some old reruns of his show on PBS. I remember him from when I was a kid!!! Amazing what that guy could paint in 1/2 hour!)

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

…… to help our FDO catch these small errors in the ‘casts. It will make the print editions that much better. No matter how well you proof a book, a group of 50,000 is going to do a better job than a group of 5-10. That’s why there are always remaining bugs when computer software comes out of beta testing. That’s why it’s always wise to have as many people as possible proof read a manuscript before sending it off to the printers.

We are the Junkie horde of editors who happily assist our beloved FDO in creating a better product to deliver to the masses. This is another element of Scott’s genius IMHO. Utilizing his fan base as a combination of proofers and inspiration is brilliant. There’s been transparency about how this works from the outset. It’s a win win for all concerned. We get to help our FDO and participate in the creation of the final product; He winds up with a better end product.

And, btw, NO ONE is perfect. Scott’s no exception. Pigeon hole him on a tour stop and he might even admit it Tongue out

If he doesn’t ask him to explain orbital dynamics to you re: CONTAGIOUS. Laughing It’s been resolved to be hovering now, but that was the book that went straight through Crown w/o Junkie input. He explained the pros and cons of each way of doing things on the Goreline episode podcast on 10-17-2009. It will be interesting to see what surprises he cooked up with the new and improved ANCESTOR for us.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

“mistakes” like this are just the FDO making sure everybody’s paying attention.

…the FDO called Julian Gloria when she ran up the ladder when running from the copper sticks of horror. Before you can smite me oh mighty FDO, I must say that the copper sticks from the depths of space hell are the absolute most horrific and gruesome things yet. Yes, more horrific than hatchlings even!! Okay, smite away!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.