This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Laramee Bob Laramee 4 years, 10 months ago.

The Eloquence of Siglerisms

• Profile photo of Bob Laramee

nice.  thanks for the tid-bit on the order.

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

….when I am on the forums. Makes things a whole lot easier that way.

I tend to go with Donna’s attitude towards whether something is proprietary. Assume it is unless told otherwise. She is not only beautiful, but quite wise. Now if I could just get her to answer e-mails all would be good with the world. Le sigh.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Profile photo of Belladonna420

We can just use this thread to start a list.  Junkies can just come here to add them as they hear/see/think of them.  Then the great & powerful Gmork can add them to the Wiki at her leisure.

We can start with the one above:

"Crap on a cracker, Junkies!"

Yay/Nay?

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

But some industrious junkie(s) could collect them and put them in the Wiki until someone can put together a pocket-guide.

The Starter & The MVP with only Pandemic in between!!!  Great news!!!  Though, seems I’ll be waiting awhile for Descendant…

FDO… MUST… WRITE… FASTER!!!  Kiss

Is he not going to do any more work on those projects while he’s working on the above novels? That would make me very sad. Some of the short stories are among my favorites, and I know THE CRYPT is a fan favorite.

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Profile photo of Pons Matal

You do have a way of putting things in perspective! ;)

[flickr-photo:id=3722083270,size=m]

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

Profile photo of Pons Matal

When I heard Scott say this one,  "evicting a double sized turd peppered with glass", yeouch!

[flickr-photo:id=3722083270,size=m]

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

No idea if that’s a doable price point (publishing is so not my bailiwick), but that sounds like a good idea to me too.

Maybe Scott (or A) could gauge interest with a site vote similar to what he did with "Which book should I write next?" You never know what the FDO is capable of. He’s continues to surprise me and I’ve worked with him for a couple years now.

Thanks for the idea. You RAWK!

Profile photo of Cameron Riggs

I was thinking more like a handy-dandy reference book.  "Uncle Scotty’s Guide to Sarcastic Vernacular."  A pocket-sized tome filled with the greatest one-liners, slurs, and creative expletives for every occasion.  Conveniently cross-referenced, perfect for birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, football games, and pub crawls.  I’D buy one for $5.95 off the rack at the counter at the Costco…

Part of the reason they make me laugh my ass off is the context they are presented in. Inserting Mr. Biznass into the middle of a mega violent monster slaughter piece serves to let up the tension. Scott’s use of humour brings our sensibility back towards a more normal level so that he can then proceed to scare the shit out of us again. I suspect that if the humour were not present, we might become inerred to the violence and get desensitized.

I doubt either Mr BizNass or Pookie Chang would make a good stand alone novel. Now a Bloodcast story or two, I can definitely see. And there are plenty of other characters in Scott’s books that he could do this with. He creates so many rich characters that he’s got a cornucopia to choose from. That’s why Earthcore II isn’t going to be out until 2013. Totally lost it when Scott called himself a douche in the DRS interview. Frakkin’ classic.

He’s one of my favorite Sigler characters!

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

’nuff said.

Profile photo of Vaney

if he would ever write it. I still fall over giggling when I hear/read ‘Ass Magic’.

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess
    Profile photo of Renee Jordan

Scott comes up with more (and often better) one-liners than a 2-day Arnold Schwarzenegger / Chuck Norris / Sly Stallone film fest.

**UNdead / GirlCo: All we wanna do is eat your brains. We’re not unreasonable, I mean, no one’s going to eat your eyes.**

Profile photo of Cameron Riggs

General Sig, you could write a whole book with nothing but Siglerisms – those little nuggets of wisdom and truth you impart upon us in your podcasts, such as tonite’s gem:

"Crap on a cracker, Junkies!" 

Priceless. Just… priceless.

Keep it up, Sig …

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.