This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 5 years, 5 months ago.

Sweeney Todd

but it sounds like hollywood has changed things once again. I guess that should be my goal. really liked the play. the poor barber was just getting a little payback.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Well, it’s actually about eating priests, but some of the jokes in the play weren’t in the movie. Such as the line about "everybody goes down well with beer."

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Sounds good to me too!

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

Sounds like a damned good idea to me! 

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]

Awesome movie–my only complaint is that they really neutered "A Little Priest."

I loved all the throat slashings, it was a great movie, great picture, great acting, acters where perfectecly matched to the characters, but to be quite frank..I could only handle watching it twice, the singing got to me, it was a bit annoying the third time I watched it.

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

For me, the movie (the Johnny Depp version) was interesting, but way below sub-par, but the soundtrack rocks!

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

NPH is going to go all Garth Brooks any time soon.  I believe he limits his singing to professional theater, which I think his voice is suitable for.  Oh and Dr. Horrible, of course!

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

That was interesting to see him on stage, thanks to the power of YouTube. He’s not too shabby as a singer, but I don’t want to go and buy his debut CD (I hope he doesn’t decide to make one, we have enough actors who want to sing and vice versa).

I’d like to see the NPH from the Harold and Kumar movies in this. Now THAT would be a play!

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I really liked the innocent/naive way he portrayed Edward :D

I did enjoy the cinematography, the set design and the general atmosphere Burton created but the movie was 90% singing and I just couldn’t get into it.

I don’t read the script. The script reads me. – Kirk Lazarus

I meant to order the Johnny Depp movie adaptation from Netflix and accidently ordered a taped version of the theater play with Angela Landsbury.  It sat around for weeks and I finally watched it…it was absolutely brilliant!!  The story is deliciously dark and pushes all kinds of social taboos.

The movie was great but sometimes the simplicity of the theater places the focus on communicating the emotion and intentions of the characters without all the bells and whistles to distract. 

Here’s a clip of a stage production done in LA with Neil Patrick Harris.  He has a great voice and affects a halfway decent British accent.  Click here to view. 

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

They’ve found me! Run away! Flee!

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

That has always been one of my favorites of his.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

By far the best Burton film ever, right next to Nightmare Before Christmas.

And it was great in the theater!

Not sure if I’d buy the soundtrack on it’s own though.

I saw the movie in theaters and liked it so much i downloaded the soundtrack the very next day. I could listen to it 100 tmes and not get tired of it.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

I LOVE the Sweeney Todd soundtrack! Some people thnk that you have to be mentaly disterbed to like the movie. I love it! I guess I fit right in here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.